BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Clubs and their owners

Not many interested in this ...... most posters seem to want rid of our owners, how does that work?

I'm quite happy playing this football in the Championship but want promotion just so the owners get most of their money back and Rovers becomes a saleable assett.

What happens if they simply stop subsidising the club, turn the tap off?

Who pays the bills and wages etc, circa £20m per month?

Edited by JohnD

• Moderation Lead
3 minutes ago, JohnD said:

Not many interested in this ...... most posters seem to want rid of our owners, how does that work?

I'm quite happy playing this football in the Championship but want promotion just so the owners get most of their money back and Rovers becomes a saleable assett.

Probably because we’ve been over it numerous times over the years.

I think it’s more like £20 Million a year and that’s only the case because of their own mistakes.

• Like 3

58 minutes ago, K-Hod said:

Probably because we’ve been over it numerous times over the years.

I think it’s more like £20 Million a year and that’s only the case because of their own mistakes.

I've never seen it discussed in detail, as in what will be the process. No doubt it was self inflicted but that's irrelevant now.

I don't know the process but guess/assume that the bills, wages, tax don't get paid. If nobody steps in there'll be a winding up order?

VLL will sell asserts to recoup whatever they can and we'll become another Bury?

Is that it or is it a completely different scenario?

Over the years I'd have welcomed that to remove Venky's but now, with this manager and brand of football it seems like a travesty, we're getting somewhere.

• Moderation Lead
48 minutes ago, JohnD said:

I've never seen it discussed in detail, as in what will be the process. No doubt it was self inflicted but that's irrelevant now.

Of course it’s relevant- it’s an explanation for why they have to do the funding we should all be so grateful for.

I’ll never be grateful to owners for only doing the bare minimum tbf. It’s like all this FFP business in the news today. If key players hadn’t left on free transfers, it wouldn’t even be a discussion point.

As ever, all roads lead back to Pune.

• Like 4

2 hours ago, JohnD said:

I don't know the process but guess/assume that the bills, wages, tax don't get paid. If nobody steps in there'll be a winding up order?

VLL will sell asserts to recoup whatever they can and we'll become another Bury?

Is that it or is it a completely different scenario?

Over the years I'd have welcomed that to remove Venky's but now, with this manager and brand of football it seems like a travesty, we're getting somewhere.

We were.......Not so sure now.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, JohnD said:

I must have read that view a thousand times! Started roughly 12 years ago. Called it Stockholm Syndrome then and can't improve on that description.

3 minutes ago, 47er said:

I must have read that view a thousand times! Started roughly 12 years ago. Called it Stockholm Syndrome then and can't improve on that description.

I know what Stockholm syndrome is.

If you've read this you'll that it's about what happens if Venky's stop the cash.

Do you know? 

3 minutes ago, JohnD said:

If you've read this you'll that it's about what happens if Venky's stop the cash.

Do you know? 

Nobody knows but the possibilities have been gone over time after time on here. Its not like there's no examples to go on is it?

Heard of Phoenix clubs? Seen what's happened at Bolton or AFC Wimbledon or Rangers for that matter.

Its not over when Venkys let us down for the last time.

• Like 3

22 minutes ago, JohnD said:

Do you know? 

Do you know either?

The future is not bright under their tenure,that is for sure.

Repeat ad finitum.

Edited by SIMON GARNERS 194

3 hours ago, JohnD said:

Over the years I'd have welcomed that to remove Venky's but now, with this manager and brand of football it seems like a travesty, we're getting somewhere

we are going nowhere with venkys,swag and various clowns in the background

they have cut jdt off,just when we get an excellent manager who,with a decent budget would have got us promoted

incidentally whenever we get a decent side the indians decide to **** things up by selling the managers  best players (rhodes,cairney and gestede),give them away for free or cut the managers budget

there is no way jdt is going to stop,by next march i fully expect jdt to announce he`s leaving at the end of the season

25 minutes ago, 47er said:

Nobody knows but the possibilities have been gone over time after time on here. Its not like there's no examples to go on is it?

Heard of Phoenix clubs? Seen what's happened at Bolton or AFC Wimbledon or Rangers for that matter.

Its not over when Venkys let us down for the last time.

Yes,  I often wished them gone so we could start again, we'd be well on our way now.

• K-Hod locked this topic