BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Cambridge Ticketing Fiasco

2 hours ago, tomphil said:

But they had to retract the digi ticket only 24 hrs before the game in order to reach 6k home fans by allowing regular physical ticket buyers to just roll up as normal.

Like the previous idiocy with the BBE they probably lost a thousand punters so over the two games thousands of pounds have been lost in an attempt to save a few hundred. And yes it was an attempt at experimenting for future digital tickets only for every game which men in suits will be all over if they think they can do it all that way and then leave it to an AI system and get rid of wage earners.

So just like everything else unless people stand up to it and say no and give them no choice but to not remove choices there'll be jobs lost and all customer service will be through chatbots.  Of course it'll all be hidden neatly behind saving the planet whilst the systems to run these things will cost an arm and leg to install and that will have to be paid for somehow.

And it won't all run on fresh air either.

The whole situation in a nut shell. Or case if you prefer.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
1 hour ago, Ben-2000 said:

They've now made Wrexham do digital only tickets for their fans 😂

I did read on the Wrexham forum that they had been told the upper tier would not be available due to cost of opening. Digital only a way of reducing demand.

9 minutes ago, Rogerb said:

I did read on the Wrexham forum that they had been told the upper tier would not be available due to cost of opening. Digital only a way of reducing demand.

I have just been told they only have two admin staff hence the online only. I said to the person who told me that was one of the reasons behind the aborted Digital Day when, if successful they could operate with less staff.

1 hour ago, Rogerb said:

Having a Monday evening kick-off will be a sufficient way of reducing ticket demand.

‘Stop crying like little girls and get with the times’.

Snappy slogan that - get in touch with the Head of Consumer, sure he’d love to use it on the next digital day.

Edited by Mattyblue
  • Like 2