BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Cambridge Ticketing Fiasco

41 minutes ago, Rogerb said:

Better get there early with one digital hub the queue is likely to be out the door. I wonder if the drink and snack offer will still be available on match day.

How will the digital hub solve my problem of not having a suitable phone or printer?

Edited by Ben-2000
spelling

21 minutes ago, jim mk2 said:

At the risk of sounding like a Luddite I normally buy tickets for away matches by ringing up and having them sent out by post. Is that option now discontinued?

No that is still an option, because all clubs issue printed tickets for away fans. This includes the Rovers. It is only Rovers home fans that are being fucked about. I can't wait till the club announce how season tickets are going to be sold next season.

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, Ben-2000 said:

How will the digital hub solve my problem or not having a suitable phone or printer?

Maybe they'll let you go onto Currys website and order a new phone / printer, then once it has been delivered you can fully take part in the charade

• Like 1

1 hour ago, rigger said:

No that is still an option, because all clubs issue printed tickets for away fans. This includes the Rovers. It is only Rovers home fans that are being fucked about. I can't wait till the club announce how season tickets are going to be sold next season.

Via Bitcoin only on the second Tuesday of every month no doubt 

• Like 4

8 minutes ago, Cherry Blue said:

Anyone not up to date with mobile phones or even IT printer technology needs to sort their tickets out well in advance.

No offence just a polite reminder to anyone Rovers fans going to this game. 

That isn't going to be a long list.

• Like 3

9 hours ago, Cherry Blue said:

Anyone not up to date with mobile phones or even IT printer technology needs to sort their tickets out well in advance.

No offence just a polite reminder to anyone Rovers fans going to this game. 

I won't be jumping through any hoops to get a ticket. If they won't sell me a paper ticket then I won't be going.

I don't have a compatible phone or a printer, so it's upto them.

I'll contact them and try to purchase, but if not I'll spend the money elsewhere. 

• Like 1

To be fair the vast majority of tickets are sold in the day or two before KO.

But in reality a month of shit results plus the club inexplicably attempting to put barriers to attending in place, a c6k crowd will possibly now be sub 4k depending on away turn out.

Once again 👏 to the CEO and the ‘Head of Consumer’

• Like 1

On 22/12/2023 at 13:14, rigger said:

Unless things change quickly , season tickets sold will be at least  50% down ..

• Like 1

What would be really funny is if every Rovers fan who hasn't yet bought a ticket simply turns up on the day at the away ticket office and buys a paper ticket to go in the Cambridge end, refusing to participate in the ludicrous and discriminatory 'digital only' scheme for home ends.

This way those people could still have their paper ticket, still watch the game and Rovers would still get the same income, but it would send a message to the imbeciles upstairs and cause them quite the headache trying to cope with it on matchday.

• Like 1