BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Cambridge Ticketing Fiasco

A massive communications improvement:

https://www.rovers.co.uk/news/2023/december/20/additional-support-ahead-of-digital-day/

The ‘technical issue’ between the Rovers and Cambridge systems is that CUFC are not with Ticketmaster.

Edited by Mike Graham

1 hour ago, Mike Graham said:

There are no staff cuts planned due to this.  Rovers receive financial incentives from the EFL.

No staff cuts. We just pay them less as they aren’t needed for as many hours, and hopefully any loss we incur from people not attending is offset by EFL ‘incentives’. If we piss the fan base off who cares, as long as we make more money in the immediate short term. It might just get Waggot his bonus this year, and 5 years down the line our fan base problems won’t be his problem.

Its just a nonsensical, short-sighted decision.

Edited by Hasta
  • Like 4

9 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

??? 

Surely everyone got a update(one that been released in the last 4 years) phone these days? 

Not everyone uses a digital phone, not everyone has a mobile believe it or not and some still use old Nokia's.

• Like 2

They just keep digging a deeper hole for themselves.

Quite rightly criticised for another pointless and insane policy the biggest effect of which will be to annoy home fans and almost certainly reducing what would already be a low gate, rather than admit this and revert to normal ticketing plans they keep on going with it.

It seems they now accept and recognise that some fans will be unable to participate in 'digital day' and so have released a statement about this on....you guessed it.....the club website. So those people who don't have internet access or use social media, even those who only use it occasionally, likely won't see this statement.

Over the phone support....but what use is this if you don't have internet access or a smartphone? To some people it isn't that they don't know how to use digital tickets / online ticketing....they simply don't have it. No amount of 'support' on the phone will overcome that.

A 'digital hub' in the Rovers store.....to guide people through the 'online journey'. But again if no printing of tickets is available this still leaves the question of how someone with no internet / printer / smartphone is going to be able to get through the turnstile come matchday.

And the best one of the lot.....online resources. One big problem, as above, is that some people don't have or use the internet. So what use is online guidance to them?

It's just a complete fiasco. 

• Like 3

• Backroom

It’s certainly a choice to offer a digital hub in store when if someone has made that journey they’d want to leave with ticket in hand 

I have no skin in this game as I won’t be there (not been to a game all season) but personally I love the convenience of having tickets on my phone whether they be train, plane or event but that’s a choice I make and I believe there should be options for folk who prefer a physical ticket.

A simple ‘sorry we misjudged’ would be welcomed I imagine.

• Like 2

Dare I ask why you haven’t been to a game all season Tom? 

Whilst I agree that the decision to make this match a digital one is a bad one there seems to be a lot of comment from folk who appear to be digitally savvy claiming that they won’t be able to buy tickets for themselves or others. In this day and age, if you are regularly online then it’s likely that you will be able to buy tickets without much problem (if you can pay for them that is) 

10 hours ago, Tom said:

It’s certainly a choice to offer a digital hub in store when if someone has made that journey they’d want to leave with ticket in hand 

I have no skin in this game as I won’t be there (not been to a game all season) but personally I love the convenience of having tickets on my phone whether they be train, plane or event but that’s a choice I make and I believe there should be options for folk who prefer a physical ticket.

A simple ‘sorry we misjudged’ would be welcomed I imagine.

Yeah it’s great waiting to board the plane when the person further down the queue can’t find the boarding passes for his family on his phone.

Edited by Tyrone Shoelaces

16 hours ago, Rogerb said:

Unless the digital hub in the roverstore physically prints the ticket for the supporter I don't see how that resolves the issue for a non digital phone or printer owner.

I have just E-mailed Christina Hayes at the Rovers to put this point to her. She isn't available till Friday.

• Like 2

I have been trading emails with Fraser Read and the upshot is that there will be no compromise from the club. I sent him a link to this thread as what I believe to be a representation from the fans but no climb down.

I'm really disappointed by the club's obstinate stand and absolute failure to listen to supporters.

• Like 1

18 hours ago, Mike Graham said:

A massive communications improvement:

https://www.rovers.co.uk/news/2023/december/20/additional-support-ahead-of-digital-day/

The ‘technical issue’ between the Rovers and Cambridge systems is that CUFC are not with Ticketmaster.

Never heard anything so ridiculous.

If they'd listened properly then they'd have scrapped it.

As well as the away tickets, how many non-digital freebies will be printed I wonder!

It takes the gloss off the great initiative of having a fans' takeover day by creating a barrier for people to attend the Cambridge game.