BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Cambridge Ticketing Fiasco

The lowest of the low for me was last season (maybe it’s still going on) when kids had to pitch up in their own replica kit if they wanted to be mascot as the club didn’t have any - so a load of potential mascots would have to be turned away as no parent would be able to get hold of a kit post about September anyway.

I’d call it ‘non league’, amateur’, but that’s an insult to all those well run clubs that really care down the pyramid.

Edited by Mattyblue
  • Like 2

It’ll be some teenage kid who pays for everything on his watch. Totally forgetting there’s an entire generation of fans who are unable or unwilling to download a ticket to their smart phone or print one off at home. I know for a fact my old man couldn’t figure that out nor have the inclination to try.

And, a lot of people that won’t be able to afford to go to football over Christmas (let’s call a spade a spade particularly in the Blackburn area). They will have looked at that match for cheaper tickets at a tenner. Those same people might simply not have access to internet, smart phones, Apple wallets, printers and all that crap.

Another own goal from the inept commercial team. 

• Like 7

5 minutes ago, matt83 said:

It’ll be some teenage kid who pays for everything on his watch. Totally forgetting there’s an entire generation of fans who are unable or unwilling to download a ticket to their smart phone or print one off at home. I know for a fact my old man couldn’t figure that out nor have the inclination to try.

And, a lot of people that won’t be able to afford to go to football over Christmas (let’s call a spade a spade particularly in the Blackburn area). They will have looked at that match for cheaper tickets at a tenner. Those same people might simply not have access to internet, smart phones, Apple wallets, printers and all that crap.

Another own goal from the inept commercial team. 

Anybody who has been to the university of life will understand exactly what you and seemingly the majority are saying but it's almost like the senior employees at Ewood come up with ideas designed to piss off an already shrinking fan base. The biggest concern I have is that nobody down there is prepared to listen or canvass opinion. I have written to Lynsey Talbot as some of the quotes in the press release are attributed to her. I got a reply back from her telling me that she has referred my email to the ticket office. Personally I don't think this hare brained idea came from the ticket office at all rather it's a case of buck passing. There just doesn't seem to be any accountability at Ewood and the real worry is that nobody there sees the damage they are doing.

• Like 8

Yep, when it comes to managing their number one ‘stakeholder’ - I.e the fans, ‘the club’ behaves in the complete opposite manner in every way possible compared to the days of John Williams.

They couldn’t give a monkeys and they are more than happy for us to know that too. 

• Like 2

Thing is over time it’s going that way anyway, who used an e-ticket/print at home for anything fifteen years ago compared to events you go to now?

Now it’s growing and growing as market forces do their work and technology become more embedded with people’s everyday life. So why force it?

Absolute nonsense from a club that has complete lost the plot.

Edited by Mattyblue
  • Like 3

16 minutes ago, Uddersfelt Blue said:

The Club just have to do a U turn on this  poorly thought out decision.

I get the fact that most fans will be able to buy online but if there is just ONE fan who misses out on a ticket then that is one too many. 

Exactly this. At the moment the club needs every supporter it can get so there should be an option to buy online or call in person at the ticket office. Right now when buying tickets or merchandise in the shop you can pay by cash or card, it's called having a choice. It's not a difficult concept to understand that people are not all the same.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Wheelton Blue said:

Carrot and stick 101.

Rather than offering the carrot eg 'buy a digital ticket and be automatically entered into a prize draw', they use the stick ie 'you have to buy a digital ticket or you can't come'.

They've not got a commercial bone between them.

After yesterday, some might consider that to be the carrot. 

• Like 1

pathetic decision by Rovers and Waggott here. Why even make it only digital tickets game? Its daft and stupid by them. Another PR disaster by them. Not good enough. 

Also I don't know why Rovers fans who are ST holders can't used their ST card if they purchase a ticket to enter the game. 

Edited by chaddyrovers
  • Like 3

This is what happens at a club without serious people running it.

You can just imagine the meeting this got raised as an idea by a well meaning, but wet behind the ears digitally native young employee. But instead of being immediately slapped down or it being developed into a wider offering, I.e ‘change to an e-ticket and have a chance of winning Jack’s Kitchen tickets’ or whatever, they’ve just gone with it, especially as Swag can now use it as a nice ‘green’, ‘ethical’, ‘EFL Environment Week’ smokescreen as he cuts back on the hours of ticket office staff (and cleaners and stewards as there will be bugger all folk there). 

Edited by Mattyblue

I haven't missed a home game since the Doncaster game in league 1 due to holiday commitments. That includes every home cup tie. 

I'm seriously considering giving this one a miss, maybe the club could highlight paying on line without alienating people,such as me, who normally pay cash. Would it be so difficult???? 

I also haven't bought one thing on the concourse since it all went cashless. 

Please think again Mr Waggott, stop alienating people and leave the gimmicks to that egotistical prick at Forest Green. 

• Like 3

20 hours ago, Upside Down said:

"Congratulations! You've won the prize of sitting in the directors box. You'll be spending the day in the company of Steve Waggot."

Erm, any chance I can trade this prize for a savage beating?

No need. If you've been a Rovers fan since Venkys arrived, you've already had a savage beating.

• Like 1

Good, I think it is external humiliation particularly by the media and rival clubs that will get Waggott's back up. He clearly has no interest in what Rovers fans think or want, because such grumbles can be kept 'in house', but the more people outside the club know what a tinpot outfit we are the more likely it is he'll feel some degree of embarrassment, hopefully.

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, JHRover said:

Good, I think it is external humiliation particularly by the media and rival clubs that will get Waggott's back up. He clearly has no interest in what Rovers fans think or want, because such grumbles can be kept 'in house', but the more people outside the club know what a tinpot outfit we are the more likely it is he'll feel some degree of embarrassment, hopefully.

Can you really be embarrassed when you have no shame?

5 hours ago, chaddyrovers said:

pathetic decision by Rovers and Waggott here. Why even make it only digital tickets game? Its daft and stupid by them. Another PR disaster by them. Not good enough. 

Also I don't know why Rovers fans who are ST holders can't used their ST card if they purchase a ticket to enter the game. 

This is one of the most telling posts on this thread. I'm sure even Chaddy would admit he is highly prone to taking the club's side on matters and finding a way to justify what they do. So when even he is criticising the move with such strong words as 'pathetic', 'daft and stupid', what argument can there really be that it's anything other than precisely that?

Someone needs to get the higher-ups at the club to take a look at this thread. I haven't seen a single post remotely supporting this decision. With that being the case, why do anything other than reverse it? Any negligible savings in printing, posting and packaging will easily be offset by lost revenue from reduced sales, and then some. Stop cutting off your nose to spite your fucking face, Rovers!

• Like 1

Whilst the future is quite clearly digital for any ticketed events, I mean I haven't got onto a plane, been to a gig or day out with a physical ticket for some time. You cannot go against your long term selling methods without a PHASED change over period at something like a football club. 

I've had a bit of a browse and a few teams seem to either be fully digital now or heading that way. Boro are in the process and from what I can gather from their site it is a very slow process which is doing its best not to leave anybody behind. 

Waggott and Co have inexplicably decided to do it mid-season, in full, with from what I can gather no exceptions.

Haven't we recently updated our I.T systems? I've got no clue about I.T but could this be to allow a future of self ticketing?

Edited by cesus

What gets me the most in all of this, is not providing a grace period for ST holders to claim their own seat. As a ST holder, I find that insulting.

As to the rationale behind this, my guess is that, as with the force to 'digital only', it's being done to alleviate the need to man the ticket office over the xmas week. ie a cost cutting exercise.