BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Cambridge Ticketing Fiasco

11 hours ago, bluebruce said:

I'm sure even Chaddy would admit he is highly prone to taking the club's side on matters and finding a way to justify what they do.

I would disagree with this point. If the off the field management need to be criticise then I will do it. I have criticised them in recent times overall ST prices, match day prices, lack of tickets initiatives, lack of sponsors around the ground, lack of commercial onus within Rovers hierarchy,etc this 

11 hours ago, bluebruce said:

So when even he is criticising the move with such strong words as 'pathetic', 'daft and stupid', what argument can there really be that it's anything other than precisely that?

This game should be about growing the fan base, reaching 10k fans on, etc. Not putting any kind of blockage on people attending..

Also people mentioned about saving cost on ticket staff. Given that there is probably a couple of full time ticket staff and non match day you buy them from the club shop anyway so that cost saving will be minimal at best. 

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

Also people mentioned about saving cost on ticket staff. Given that there is probably a couple of full time ticket staff and non match day you buy them from the club shop anyway so that cost saving will be minimal at best. 

Penny-wise, pound-foolish has been the stock in trade of this cretinous regime from day one.

• Like 5

1 hour ago, chaddyrovers said:

I would disagree with this point. If the off the field management need to be criticise then I will do it. I have criticised them in recent times overall ST prices, match day prices, lack of tickets initiatives, lack of sponsors around the ground, lack of commercial onus within Rovers hierarchy,etc this 

This game should be about growing the fan base, reaching 10k fans on, etc. Not putting any kind of blockage on people attending..

Every game should be about growing the fan base.

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, Wheelton Blue said:

Every game should be about growing the fan base.

agreed. 

I have regular posting about match day prices being too expensive for the walk on's fan who can't attend every game like others but would like to attend when they want. I have mention membership scheme who have a card for games and when they purchase games it go onto the card to allow them into the game. Match day prices should be £20 max for all weekend games apart for Jack Walker upper centre fans (£25). Season tickets prices should be lower then they currently are. BBE, JW lower and JW upper wings should be £250 max and Riverside stand £200. 

Great to read that from you as you swore blind that there was no issue with ticket pricing until fairly recently. A rare bit of consensus.

The Swag tenure will end, everything does (well apart from this ownership which looks like it will outlast us all), we can only hope whenever this new broom arrives they rip the lot up and start again.

So much potential here but let’s hope the earth hasn’t been scorched beyond repair for whoever does pick up the pieces after this clown.

21 minutes ago, Mattyblue said:

Great to read that from you as you swore blind that there was no issue with ticket pricing until fairly recently. A rare bit of consensus.

The Swag tenure will end, everything does (well apart from this ownership which looks like it will outlast us all), we can only hope whenever this new broom arrives they rip the lot up and start again.

So much potential here but let’s hope the earth hasn’t been scorched beyond repair for whoever does pick up the pieces after this clown.

He’s 69, he should just fuck off and enjoy (or preferably endure) his retirement.

On 15/12/2023 at 20:57, Tyrone Shoelaces said:

When I was kid a gang of us who played for our school team on Saturday mornings would say “ Righto , what game are we going to this afternoon ? “ Utd, City, Rovers, Bolton, Bury, Oldham, Rochdale, Dingles ? 
Once we decided we’d jump on bus to whichever game and pay on the gate. Easy peasy. Why have they made attendance at games so difficult?

Easy. Cost cutting. 

This is the Rovers equivalent of Network Rail trying to shut ticket offices.

If it's successful (which Maggott is bound to claim) he'll try it again  

2 hours ago, Mattyblue said:

From my own point of view regarding the price I am happy with the price for those reasons I outlined previously but alot of fans are struggling financially cos going to Rovers isn't their main social activity like mine is. 

2 hours ago, Mattyblue said:

I agree there is potential here to grow the fan base plus have a regular 12k ST holders and 4k walk.ons for weekend games

1 hour ago, wilsdenrover said:

Yep - see below…

IMG_1405.jpeg

Thanks for that. Didn't realise that one

Would anyone be prepared to sign a vote of no confidence in Waggott.

Given the fans takeover on Saturday, perhaps something can be drawn up and made available somewhere on one of the stalls.

We the undersigned, as supporters and by default custodians of BRFC declare that we have no confidence in the current CEO and would therefore like the owners to remove him form his position.

Below are a number of his failings that we consider to be harmful to the club and furthermore have put the very future of the club in grave danger.

1. Over pricing of the season tickets for several years.

2. Over pricing of match day tickets and made them difficult to purchase.

3. Overseen a huge drop of in both season tickets and tickets for the casual supporter.

4. Been unable to provide merchandise in the club shop, including replica shirts for the supporters to purchase

5. Allowed the general maintenance of the ground and pitch to decline to unacceptable levels.

6. Seen the club get involved in a very public and embarrassing failed transfer, due to incompetence that could well have cost a premier league place and the riches that entails.

7. Allowed the contract of players to expire and therefore see potentially millions of pounds in transfer fees leave the club.

• Like 4

27 minutes ago, lraC said:

Would anyone be prepared to sign a vote of no confidence in Waggott.

Given the fans takeover on Saturday, perhaps something can be drawn up and made available somewhere on one of the stalls.

We the undersigned, as supporters and by default custodians of BRFC declare that we have no confidence in the current CEO and would therefore like the owners to remove him form his position.

Below are a number of his failings that we consider to be harmful to the club and furthermore have put the very future of the club in grave danger.

1. Over pricing of the season tickets for several years.

2. Over pricing of match day tickets and made them difficult to purchase.

3. Overseen a huge drop of in both season tickets and tickets for the casual supporter.

4. Been unable to provide merchandise in the club shop, including replica shirts for the supporters to purchase

5. Allowed the general maintenance of the ground and pitch to decline to unacceptable levels.

6. Seen the club get involved in a very public and embarrassing failed transfer, due to incompetence that could well have cost a premier league place and the riches that entails.

7. Allowed the contract of players to expire and therefore see potentially millions of pounds in transfer fees leave the club.

Whilst understanding the motivation for this idea, it’s extremely likely fewer people would sign than would not.

He’d be certain to spin this as showing the majority of the fans having confidence in him.

17 hours ago, JHRover said:

Good, I think it is external humiliation particularly by the media and rival clubs that will get Waggott's back up. He clearly has no interest in what Rovers fans think or want, because such grumbles can be kept 'in house', but the more people outside the club know what a tinpot outfit we are the more likely it is he'll feel some degree of embarrassment, hopefully.

I very much doubt that. He doesn’t have to  impress other bosses

To be fair a lot of those grounds are situated in far bigger towns/cities, some are substantially smaller grounds than Ewood, some fit both of those categories.

Even in 2000/01 with a 20,000+ average gate that was only 66% of capacity.

But yes, with all that spare capacity charging the prices we do after a decade of shite isn’t getting us off the bottom any time soon.

Edited by Mattyblue

16 minutes ago, Mattyblue said:

To be fair a lot of those grounds are situated in far bigger towns/cities, some are substantially smaller grounds than Ewood, some fit both of those categories.

Even in 2000/01 with a 20,000+ average gate that was only 66% of capacity.

But yes, with all that spare capacity charging the prices we do after a decade of shite isn’t getting us off the bottom any time soon.

Sorry to be clear the point wasn't 'our attendance is low and it's justified to close stands/not bothered about selling tickets' rather the opposite. 

For me we'd have leased 5 coaches rather than 'bought' the one and be having a different school every fortnight at ewood with a shirt to go home with 

Oh there’s so many initiatives the club could pursue, alas I’ve accepted that nothing proactive will happen here until you know who fecks off (no, not them, presumably they’ll still be pissing their 20 million up the wall in 2043).

The next appointment on that score is absolutely vital, a Swag mk2 and we might as we padlock the place.

1 hour ago, B16Rover said:

Unsure if this was posted already 

RDT_20231218_2003516906190280830436983.jpg

Only one of those clubs have categorically stated they have no ambition of promotion.

Put venkys in charge of any other club and see how full the ground is.

Absolutely no reason we wouldn't be able to bring in 17-18 thousand a week with decent people running the place and actual ambition.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Mattyblue said:

Oh there’s so many initiatives the club could pursue, alas I’ve accepted that nothing proactive will happen here until you know who fecks off (no, not them, presumably they’ll still be pissing their 20 million up the wall in 2043).

The next appointment on that score is absolutely vital, a Swag mk2 and we might as we padlock the place.

But it is them. 100%.

Of course it is, they are the root cause of this whole sorry shell of a football club. But they aren’t going anywhere. Whereas a CEO can, and eventually will feck off.

However, I would wager the owners have had zero input into these ridiculous policies. It’s Swag’s path of least resistance to hit his revenue targets. Another CEO could well take a totally different approach to hit them. We just need to find out, and quick.

Edited by Mattyblue

13 minutes ago, Mattyblue said:

Of course it is, they are the root cause of this whole sorry shell of a football club. But they aren’t going anywhere. Whereas a CEO can, and eventually will feck off.

However, I would wager the owners have had zero input into these ridiculous policies. It’s Swag’s path of least resistance to hit his revenue targets. Another CEO could well take a totally different approach to hit them. We just need to find out, and quick.

A club with no ambition will always struggle to attract a decent following.

That is all down to the owners.

Granted, when that lazy piece of shit leaves things will improve.