BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Cambridge Ticketing Fiasco

4 minutes ago, arbitro said:

I have been trading emails with Fraser Read and the upshot is that there will be no compromise from the club. I sent him a link to this thread as what I believe to be a representation from the fans but no climb down.

I'm really disappointed by the club's obstinate stand and absolute failure to listen to supporters.

A thread on here won't cut it.

They just treat it as a load of people whinging.

The more people that refuse to go, the better. 

Edited by Ben-2000

For all the cracking work the fans have put into the Watford game, it shows the biggest obstacle to any progress for Blackburn Rovers is the senior management that have somehow got themselves into position of authority at this great old club and, of course, the owners that keep them there.

• Like 2

If fans don’t like it they just stop going, that’s the best form of protest any fan/customer has in their back pocket in any walk of life and we’ve seen plenty of that here since 2011.

Unprecedented thing here is they don’t even care if folk bugger off, just an excuse to merrily close more stands/amenities, come up with ‘initiatives’ to tick some box, well, 4k will buy an e-ticket anyway feck the rest, and charge more to whoever’s left the season after.

Edited by Mattyblue
  • Like 1

It's a sign of things to come we absolutely know that if they think they can save a few quid in staff/ink/paper money every game by going digi under the BS 'saving the planet' guise they will do.

Even if it costs even more fans because they seem to have concluded we have a certain income level and it's ALL about continual cost reduction within that level.

Lose more regulars but put ticket prices up again or make more games cat A to cover it, that's the thinking. A bumper crowd v Watford albeit at reduced rates allows for a farcical experiment v Cambridge and a guaranteed smaller gate.

49 minutes ago, arbitro said:

I have been trading emails with Fraser Read and the upshot is that there will be no compromise from the club. I sent him a link to this thread as what I believe to be a representation from the fans but no climb down.

I'm really disappointed by the club's obstinate stand and absolute failure to listen to supporters.

Is there any logical reason he has given for doing it, as I've yet to see one in any of their statements.

Another charlatan.

Edited by Hasta

Because it’s a rudderless ship. Naive young staff getting to indulge in silly pet projects based on vague buzzwords they received in an email from the EFL, I.e ‘green’, ‘sustainability’ to the detriment of your actual customer base. Obviously egged on by a CEO that has worked out it will save £47 on paper and ink cartridges.

Where are the adults in the room at this club?

Edited by Mattyblue
  • Like 6

12 minutes ago, Hasta said:

Is there any logical reason he has given for doing it, as I've yet to see one in any of their statements.

Another charlatan.

It was pretty much the party line which has been traded out through various media. Their obstinate attitude is baffling in light of the comments he says he has seen.

As far as I can see there has been no dialogue with and fan groups. They think that by offering this digital hub it will resolve the issues. They just don't understand local people and have buried their heads in the sand.

Keep saying it but this is similar to the government's railway ticket office closure plan (since abandoned after protests). They don't mind losing customers (passengers) if they can make more money out of the existing ones by cutting costs.

This is so wrong on so many levels and another own goal by the club. 

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, arbitro said:

It was pretty much the party line which has been traded out through various media. Their obstinate attitude is baffling in light of the comments he says he has seen.

As far as I can see there has been no dialogue with and fan groups. They think that by offering this digital hub it will resolve the issues. They just don't understand local people and have buried their heads in the sand.

The only line I can see given is " reducing the club’s carbon footprint and helping tackle climate change. "

On the face of it a few thousand paper tickets being printed by the club instead of potentially by the end user makes no difference what so ever.

However when you consider that if they get less people attending, that's less people travelling in cars and less food consumption then they may be on to something.

I'm all for Rovers being more environmentally conscious. Otherwise as a club they could end up actively supporting other environmental hazards, like disposable vapes, or something.

Edited by Hasta

1 hour ago, arbitro said:

That’s because it’s about ‘converting supporters’ (the below being from the linked interview with Mr Read)…

What challenges have you encountered while integrating digital solutions in a traditional sports environment? How were these challenges overcome?

The biggest challenge is converting supporters who have staunch habits. The approach we take is to educate and demonstrate how they can enhance their experience by moving more digitally. We use video-guides, FAQs and have staff available to support this transition and it seems to be working. 

‘Seems to be working’ 🤨

https://www.lasource.io/news/digitaltransformation-blackburn-rovers-football-club

Edited by wilsdenrover
  • Like 1

5 minutes ago, wilsdenrover said:

That’s because it’s about ‘converting supporters’ (the below being from the linked interview with Mr Read)…

What challenges have you encountered while integrating digital solutions in a traditional sports environment? How were these challenges overcome?

The biggest challenge is converting supporters who have staunch habits. The approach we take is to educate and demonstrate how they can enhance their experience by moving more digitally. We use video-guides, FAQs and have staff available to support this transition and it seems to be working. 

‘Seems to be working’ 🤨

https://www.lasource.io/news/digitaltransformation-blackburn-rovers-football-club

Good find.

Staunch habits????? What an arrogant thing to say about life long supporters.

He sounds like another corporate blagger.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, arbitro said:

Good find.

Staunch habits????? What an arrogant thing to say about life long supporters.

He sounds like another corporate blagger.

Just to add - those ‘staunch habits’ are probably the only reason our crowds are still as ‘high’ as they are.

Edited by wilsdenrover
  • Like 6

• Backroom

When I wrote the first draft of the Marketing Prospectus produced by Rovers Trust (now WATR), the mantra I had in mind (and added as a subheading) was:

Make it as easy as possible to support Blackburn Rovers.

I have no marketing experience or qualifications or anything like that. I just mix with fans of all clubs every day, and know what ideals can be pragmatically worked towards or even achieved.

No different from any fan.

Why the FUCK are the club not paying attention? I WANT to give you my money, but you’re making it bloody difficult!

• Like 2