BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Cambridge Ticketing Fiasco

Thought this warranted its own thread whilst I appreciate being discussed in fans forum/ rovers tore felt too important to be tucked away.

I wonder as Cambridge are happy to have tickets sent in the post whether it will also be possible to pay on the day for the away end whereas for home support this would appear not to be available.

51 minutes ago, ABBEY said:

#venkyscumout

Time to get the protests back.  Enough is enough.

Maggot should be fired for shitting on fans again

Perhaps the theme for the cup games should be : Waggot is a Dingle.

Edited by rigger

1 hour ago, Mattyblue said:

Another in the long series of ‘ticketing fiascos’, to go along with ‘merchandise debacles’ and ‘catering shambles’

A commercial operation completely unfit for purpose. A total embarrassment that a club as prestigious as Blackburn Rovers has to suffer this.

I tried get a shirt yesterday but they had ran out of letters for name printing 🙄. Second time I tried after they ran out earlier in the season. Al try again in march 

3 hours ago, Oldgregg86 said:

I tried get a shirt yesterday but they had ran out of letters for name printing 🙄. Second time I tried after they ran out earlier in the season. Al try again in march 

I wouldn't bother. Buy a Burnley shirt with the name "Waggot" on the back.

• Like 3

Saturday 3pm kick off, team doing ok despite injuries/budget, last Saturday of Christmas holiday, chance of progressing to next round, pricing right (for once)

It has to be an intentional effort to keep the crowd low or am I being cynical??

Do the “digital bollocks” for a game with a high turnout and the effect (publicity/aqareness not actual environmental savings as that is bollocks) would be greater as well as not discouraging casual/spontaneous fans from an affordable, winnable game that isn’t on tv 

Just what is Waggots remit - cut matchday expenses irrespective of lost revenue??

• Like 1

This one has really taken the biscuit. I attended the Cardiff game (sitting in my season ticket) only to be lumbered with a monosyllabic oaf who thought it conducive to our chances to shout visceral abuse at our excellent young players for misplacing an ambitious pass (or just breathing for that matter). Now I can’t even guarantee my own seat for Cambridge unless I buy it pronto and then once again I could be subjecting myself to an afternoon shackled to a random Neanderthal with as much knowledge of football as a comatose gerbil! I’m going to buy the whole row with £2 tickets…that’ll sort it. In all seriousness I’m annoyed. I’m going to call the ticket office in the morning and ask for my ticket to be uploaded onto my season ticket card. They’ve got the tech to do it and have done it many times before. If they refuse then so will I…and some other spoon can have my place for the afternoon. 

• Like 4

28 minutes ago, simongarnerisgod said:

could this "digital day " be the brainchild of the idiot marketing moron fraser reid

Sorry but I can’t not respond.  I will say it as it is…….

All my dealings with Fraser have been excellent and he is a credit to the club and is really good to work with.  I do not know whether this is his idea but he is a decent bloke and I am pleased he is with the Rovers.

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, rigger said:

I E-mailed Chritina Haines today to register my disgust at the ticketing fiasco, I await her reply.

I emailed Lyndsey Talbot who confirmed no on the day sales for walk ons all purchases to be done on line but despite being asked how a non digital phone holder and non printer owner got their tickets failed to address this other than direct me to online ticketing sales.

4 minutes ago, Rogerb said:

I emailed Lyndsey Talbot who confirmed no on the day sales for walk ons all purchases to be done on line but despite being asked how a non digital phone holder and non printer owner got their tickets failed to address this other than direct me to online ticketing sales.

When I was kid a gang of us who played for our school team on Saturday mornings would say “ Righto , what game are we going to this afternoon ? “ Utd, City, Rovers, Bolton, Bury, Oldham, Rochdale, Dingles ? 
Once we decided we’d jump on bus to whichever game and pay on the gate. Easy peasy. Why have they made attendance at games so difficult?

• Like 8

20 minutes ago, Rogerb said:

I emailed Lyndsey Talbot who confirmed no on the day sales for walk ons all purchases to be done on line but despite being asked how a non digital phone holder and n

13 minutes ago, Tyrone Shoelaces said:

When I was kid a gang of us who played for our school team on Saturday mornings would say “ Righto , what game are we going to this afternoon ? “ Utd, City, Rovers, Bolton, Bury, Oldham, Rochdale, Dingles ? 
Once we decided we’d jump on bus to whichever game and pay on the gate. Easy peasy. Why have they made attendance at games so difficult?

on printer owner got their tickets failed to address this other than direct me to online ticketing sales.

More questions for the next fans forum meeting

15 minutes ago, Tyrone Shoelaces said:

Because the Rovers are an organisation that doesn't give a toss about its supporters.

Edited by rigger
  • Like 5

4 hours ago, The Mighty Chaffinch said:

This one has really taken the biscuit. I attended the Cardiff game (sitting in my season ticket) only to be lumbered with a monosyllabic oaf who thought it conducive to our chances to shout visceral abuse at our excellent young players for misplacing an ambitious pass (or just breathing for that matter). Now I can’t even guarantee my own seat for Cambridge unless I buy it pronto and then once again I could be subjecting myself to an afternoon shackled to a random Neanderthal with as much knowledge of football as a comatose gerbil! I’m going to buy the whole row with £2 tickets…that’ll sort it. In all seriousness I’m annoyed. I’m going to call the ticket office in the morning and ask for my ticket to be uploaded onto my season ticket card. They’ve got the tech to do it and have done it many times before. If they refuse then so will I…and some other spoon can have my place for the afternoon. 

Do you sit in the JW when relocated by any chance or do we have more than 1?

10 hours ago, Tyrone Shoelaces said:

Because they don't want you to attend.

• Like 1

I'm certain in my own mind that paper tickets will be issued for this match. Complimentary tickets (of which I understand there are a lot) and corporate hospitality won't be expected to go online particularly the freebies (such as Waggott). Yet the lifeblood of the club are being used as guinea pigs for the club to pay lip service to some EFL charter.

• Like 2

19 hours ago, simongarnerisgod said:

could this "digital day " be the brainchild of the idiot marketing moron fraser reid

He's certainly involved, he was cc'd into a reply I received regarding this.

In a nutshell, they fully intend to turn people away if they refuse to buy online. 

Needless to say they've lost at least one tenner from me and subsequent concourse purchases etc.

• Like 1

56 minutes ago, Ben-2000 said:

In a nutshell, they fully intend to turn people away if they refuse to buy online. 

Needless to say they've lost at least one tenner from me and subsequent concourse purchases etc.

If that is the case it's 2 tenners ..

2 hours ago, Ben-2000 said:

Maybe these will be digital only too.