BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Cambridge Ticketing Fiasco

21 hours ago, Mike Graham said:

Sorry but I can’t not respond.  I will say it as it is…….

All my dealings with Fraser have been excellent and he is a credit to the club and is really good to work with.  I do not know whether this is his idea but he is a decent bloke and I am pleased he is with the Rovers.

That may all be correct. 

The important question is whether he is any good at his job, not whether he tries, listens or is a decent bloke.

This is supposed to be a professional organisation in a cut throat competitive industry.

Having a cup of tea with people and listening to their views pretty insignificant in the scheme of things.

It really takes a special level of thought process to give away fans more options and choice than you do for home fans including season ticket holders, but that's what we have here.

'Sh1t on your own fans' certainly applies here

• Like 4

36 minutes ago, tomphil said:

Knowledge, experience, drive, common sense and knowing your subject matter thoroughly trump being a decent bloke or nice guy when it comes to business.

Or football !

Even the way that the idea was announced was very amateur. Digital day my arse.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, JHRover said:

That may all be correct. 

The important question is whether he is any good at his job, not whether he tries, listens or is a decent bloke.

This is supposed to be a professional organisation in a cut throat competitive industry.

Having a cup of tea with people and listening to their views pretty insignificant in the scheme of things.

It really takes a special level of thought process to give away fans more options and choice than you do for home fans including season ticket holders, but that's what we have here.

'Sh1t on your own fans' certainly applies here

I have met Fraser plenty of times, never over a brew nor biscuits, and I am confident from what I have seen and heard that he is bloody good at his job.  It may not be popular but I am prepared to stand up for, and stand by people who have the Club and fans at heart.  We could do with a few more like Fraser at Ewood.

Edited by Mike Graham

• Backroom
2 minutes ago, MarkBRFC said:

Didn't Fraser once come out with the gem "There is nothing special about Blackburn Rovers" at one of those fans meetings?

No that was his twat of a predecessor, Paul Fielder. Fraser Reed, while younger, has a much better head on his shoulders.

• Like 3

Just now, Mike E said:

No that was his twat of a predecessor, Paul Fielder. Fraser Reed, while younger, has a much better head on his shoulders.

Brilliant, didn't realise there had been a change in that department.

That comment always come to mind when someone mentions the marketing manager at Ewood!

• Like 2

• Backroom
Just now, MarkBRFC said:

Brilliant, didn't realise there had been a change in that department.

That comment always come to mind when someone mentions the marketing manager at Ewood!

I was in the room with John and Dunc when he said it. It was in that meeting he kept going on about NFTs, and look at all the lawsuits about NFTs now! So glad he left.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Mattyblue said:

What has improved since this Fraser came on board?

Now I could be being a little harsh as he may have very little in the way of actual executive authority but the commercial/marketing operation looks as shambolic as ever from where I’m standing.

The relationship with Mike Graham.

• Like 6

34 minutes ago, MarkBRFC said:

Didn't Fraser once come out with the gem "There is nothing special about Blackburn Rovers" at one of those fans meetings?

As @Mike E points out above that was definitely Paul Fielder. His idea of a digital (every)day was having an empty ground where everyone watched on a screen and could use virtual reality to go wherever they wanted in the ground when a match was on. I’m not even joking. He categorically stated he didn’t want fans in the ground and pretty soon it would be a thing of the past. Also supporting a team was outdated as people supported players these days, and he was all about finding players who were a brand. He also told me he had approached Liam Gallagher about playing a gig at Ewood Park and “it’s happening, trust me.”

This was the reality of his efforts…

IMG_0486.thumb.jpeg.0af5b54aa341eae5f73e319d69479080.jpeg

He also repeatedly referred to himself as @the most qualified man in football”.

If a certain one time poster on here who went to QEGS is to be believed, Fielder had been hand picked and recommended to Venky’s and would soon be taking over from Waggott. Obviously that didn’t happen, and Fielder is now residing and working in Australia.

On the flip side, when Fraser Read was asked why he had joined Rovers, his answer was “Why wouldn’t I jump at the chance to join Rovers. It’s a massive club with all the potential in the world. It’s a sleeping giant and we need to get back to the Premier League”.

For clarity Fraser didn’t replace Fielder, there was some overlap and since he buggered off they haven’t bothered replacing Fielder at all which speaks volumes. The two have different roles.

That said, the plans for Cambridge are clearly unacceptable. The Supporters Trust have made this clear to both Fraser Read and Steve Waggott, let’s see if they are willing to alter their approach as I’m sure the backlash has been pretty severe and the criticism unanimous.

Edited by Miller11
  • Like 7

12 minutes ago, Miller11 said:

As @Mike E points out above that was definitely Paul Fielder. His idea of a digital (every)day was having an empty ground where everyone watched on a screen and could use virtual reality to go wherever they wanted in the ground when a match was on. I’m not even joking. He categorically stated he didn’t want fans in the ground and pretty soon it would be a thing of the past. Also supporting a team was outdated as people supported players these days, and he was all about finding players who were a brand. He also told me he had approached Liam Gallagher about playing a gig at Ewood Park and “it’s happening, trust me.”

If a certain one time poster on here who went to QEGS is to be believed, Fielder had been hand picked and recommended to Venky’s and would soon be taking over from Waggott. Obviously that didn’t happen, and Fielder is now residing and working in Australia.

On the flip side, when Fraser Read was asked why he had joined Rovers, his answer was “Why wouldn’t I jump at the chance to join Rovers. It’s a massive club with all the potential in the world. It’s a sleeping giant and we need to get back to the Premier League”.

For clarity Fraser didn’t replace Fielder, there was some overlap and since he buggered off they haven’t bothered replacing Fielder at all which speaks volumes. The two have different roles.

That said, the plans for Cambridge are clearly unacceptable. The Supporters Trust have made this clear to both Fraser Read and Steve Waggott, let’s see if they are willing to alter their approach as I’m sure the backlash has been pretty severe and the criticism unanimous.

It would be a start on the road to reconcilliation, if they admitted it was a bad idea and reversed their decission.

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, Herbie6590 said:

I too can’t see them backing down. 

if you want a change in behaviour - uptake of digital ticketing - the way to do it is with incentives to adopt NOT to punish  non-adoption. It’s an insane approach. 
“Buy a digital ticket & win a chance to it in the Directors Box/meet the players/win a shirt” it’s really not difficult to come up with something to promote digitisation.

I’ve spent over 40 years in financial services having to design and implement  processes that enabled inclusion, allowed vulnerable customers to fulfil their needs and helping them to do so with minimum effort.
This approach beggars belief.

I think you meant to put a s here 🤔

or maybe a s and a h 😁

• Like 1

• Backroom
28 minutes ago, Herbie6590 said:

if you want a change in behaviour - uptake of digital ticketing - the way to do it is with incentives to adopt NOT to punish  non-adoption. It’s an insane approach. 
“Buy a digital ticket & win a chance to it in the Directors Box/meet the players/win a shirt” it’s really not difficult to come up with something to promote digitisation.

I’ve spent over 40 years in financial services having to design and implement  processes that enabled inclusion, allowed vulnerable customers to fulfil their needs and helping them to do so with minimum effort.

Explains why BRFCS is so fucking difficult to use 😉

4 hours ago, Miller11 said:

He'll fit in well there. There's a lot of thick twats in Aussie.

3 hours ago, Herbie6590 said:

"Congratulations! You've won the prize of sitting in the directors box. You'll be spending the day in the company of Steve Waggot."

Erm, any chance I can trade this prize for a savage beating?

• Like 2

Somebody was telling me about this in the ground yesterday. I thought to myself what a load of bollocks. It’s not that a didn’t believe him but I thought there’s just no way. Not even the numpties at rovers would enforce a policy that will 100% have a negative impact on an already likely low attendance.

Where do they dream up this crap. It’s like they want to lose money. It’s up there with not having kiddies home shirts available for the start of the season and Xmas. Or closing the Bburn end. They’re just a bunch of feckless morons they really are. 

Edited by matt83