BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Cambridge Ticketing Fiasco

4 minutes ago, Mike Graham said:

So guys you are having a go at me now.  Lovely stuff.

Not at all, Mike.

I’m just asking you to expand on your view. I have seen no improvements in the ‘consumer’ offering in his 18 months plus here, but maybe I’ve missed something. 

Edited by Mattyblue

1 minute ago, RevidgeBlue said:

Hardly having a go, he commented that you didn't reply to him which is only unfair if you had actually replied but he claimed you hadn't.

Sorry but I don’t understand the above.

Good try gents but I am not going to get sucked into what will be a tit for tat argument; I had enough of that in my working life to waste my energy on it.

I sincerely suggest you try and engage with the Club.  This Saturday is a good example of that.  

Just now, Mike Graham said:

Good try gents but I am not going to get sucked into what will be a tit for tat argument; I had enough of that in my working life to waste my energy on it.

I sincerely suggest you try and engage with the Club.  This Saturday is a good example of that.  

i doubt very much the esteemed fraser reid would reply to any of the hoi polloi as he sees us,he no doubt sees himself as superior,judging by his cv

1 minute ago, Mike Graham said:

‘Tit for tat’? I asked you, politely, a very straightforward question and I’m disappointed that you would dodge it. Especially as I’ve been extremely supportive of everything you’ve been doing re Watford.

I’ll ask again, what improvements to sales/marketing has he brought in?

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Wheelton Blue said:

It's not up to the supporter base to engage with him.

Rather, it's his job to engage with us, the 'consumers', especially over something as fundamental as this 'digital' fiasco.

Ah but none of it is his fault, it's ours, we apparently have "staunch habits" ( he makes it sound like heroin addiction) that he finds awkward to overcome.

Just now, RevidgeBlue said:

Ah but none of it is his fault, it's ours, we apparently have "staunch habits" ( he makes it sound like heroin addiction) that he finds awkward to overcome.

To be fair, the below does sound similar to the travails of a modern day Rover’s fan…

Psychological symptoms of heroin addiction:

• Feelings of shame, guilt and depression.
  • Hopelessness and despair.
  • Impaired ability to concentrate or focus.
  • Poor judgement.
  • Confusion and disorientation.

• Like 4

24 minutes ago, Mike Graham said:

Thanks for all your efforts behind the scenes Mike, giving up your own time to try and break down barriers between the fans and the club. It looks like that hard work will bear fruit this weekend with 16k+ getting down to Ewood.

Keep up the good work. 

47 minutes ago, Mike Graham said:

I’ve also worked long enough with people who bullshit about their reason for doing stuff rather than being honest. It is clearly all about money, if only a ‘test’ in this instance.

You say engage with him, but several people have and yet have just been fed the ‘carbon footprint’ line. No explanation as to why not printing off a couple of thousand tickets is worth the risk of alienating long standing supporters. Just trot the same line out again. 

He may have been ultra-helpful in organising Saturday, and fair play to him if he has been. However in this instance he is pissing off supporters by his ‘actions’ and also not being truthful as to the reasons for doing it. It’s just more lack of transparency from those at Ewood.

Edited by Hasta

8 minutes ago, Gav said:

Thanks for all your efforts behind the scenes Mike, giving up your own time to try and break down barriers between the fans and the club. It looks like that hard work will bear fruit this weekend with 16k+ getting down to Ewood.

Keep up the good work. 

Thanks Gav.  If the Trust did not engage (along with the fantastic support of brfcs, RoversChat, Her Game Too, Proud Rovers, and South Asian Supporters*) we would probably have been looking at a miserable 11,500 gate.

* btw this is a powerful coalition we are building 

5 minutes ago, Hasta said:

I’ve also worked long enough with people who bullshit about their reason for doing stuff rather than being honest. It is clearly all about money, if only a ‘test’ at tin this instance.

You say engage with him, but several people have and yet have just been fed the ‘carbon footprint’ line. No explanation as to why not printing off a couple of thousand tickets is worth the risk of alienating long standing supporters. Just trot the same line out again. 

He may have been ultra-helpful in organising Saturday, and fair play to him if he has been. However in this instance he is pissing off supporters by his ‘actions’ and also not being truthful as to the reasons for doing it. It’s just more lack of transparency from those at Ewood.

As a (now retired) National senior trade union official I can spot and smell bullshit a mile off, sorry 5 miles off. Fraser is not one of them.

However you will make your own minds up. 

Edited by Mike Graham

5 minutes ago, Mike Graham said:

Thanks Gav.  If the Trust did not engage (along with the fantastic support of brfcs, RoversChat, Her Game Too, Proud Rovers, and South Asian Supporters*) we would probably have been looking at a miserable 11,500 gate.

* btw this is a powerful coalition we are building 

Who in my opinion will be totally ignored by the club.

22 minutes ago, Mike Graham said:

As a (now retired) National senior trade union official I can spot and smell bullshit a mile off, sorry 5 miles off. Fraser is not one of them.

However you will make your own minds up. 

I’m willing to have my mind changed. So what has he improved on the sales and marketing front in 18 months?

Fraser Reid says Rovers are “working with the EFL and their Green Code standard to ensure we continue to make a positive impact where we can to increase our sustainability levels. It’s all about reducing our carbon footprint.”

Ive just had a look at the EFL’s Green Code. Apparently Bristol City are the first EFL club to achieve Green code accreditation.

I’ve also had a look at Bristol City’s ticketing options, which appear to be post tickets out in the mail, or turn up and buy on a matchday.

• Like 6

So he hasn’t improved the sales and marketing output of the club, thanks Mike, sorry we had to go around the houses.

I don’t need to go into his office and listen to a load of corporate waffle, I pay my subs to the Trust who I think are doing a very good job in driving ideas/potential policies on my behalf, ideas that I have banged on about for years on here (and I’m sure I’ve bored the pants off posters with). They are actually getting (some) implemented too. So that will do for me.

Edited by Mattyblue
  • Like 1

4 minutes ago, Hasta said:

Fraser Reid says Rovers are “working with the EFL and their Green Code standard to ensure we continue to make a positive impact where we can to increase our sustainability levels. It’s all about reducing our carbon footprint.”

Ive just had a look at the EFL’s Green Code. Apparently Bristol City are the first EFL club to achieve Green code accreditation.

I’ve also had a look at Bristol City’s ticketing options, which appear to be post tickets out in the mail, or turn up and buy on a matchday.

First championship club.

Forest Green Rovers were the first EFL club to achieve the accreditation.

They are the only two clubs to have achieved it.

Edited by wilsdenrover

1 minute ago, wilsdenrover said:

First championship club.

Forest Green Rovers were the first EFL club to achieve the accreditation.

They are the only two clubs to have achieved it.

we hav`nt achieved anything that bristol city have in the way of eco sustainability,we are fiddling around banning paper tickets while they are actually doing something worthwhile

2 minutes ago, simongarnerisgod said:

we hav`nt achieved anything that bristol city have in the way of eco sustainability,we are fiddling around banning paper tickets while they are actually doing something worthwhile

What have Bristol City done? 

Ignore that, I’ve now read the article Hasta linked to!!

Edited by wilsdenrover