BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Cambridge Ticketing Fiasco

On 30/12/2023 at 12:48, JHRover said:

What would be really funny is if every Rovers fan who hasn't yet bought a ticket simply turns up on the day at the away ticket office and buys a paper ticket to go in the Cambridge end, refusing to participate in the ludicrous and discriminatory 'digital only' scheme for home ends.

This way those people could still have their paper ticket, still watch the game and Rovers would still get the same income, but it would send a message to the imbeciles upstairs and cause them quite the headache trying to cope with it on matchday.

Haha.

Do you think waggott and co would notice/care though?

On 03/01/2024 at 11:58, arbitro said:

I have had further dialogue with Fraser Read after something was sent to me which undermined all the statements and reasoning behind Digital Day. Below is an extract from the last email I had from him. I'm not entirely sure what their intentions are but I'm hoping against hope that they have at last listened and are offering a viable alternative to the nonsense they are currently offering.

I understand your concerns, at the moment the below is as much as I can respond but my suggestion would be to keep an eye on our channels on Thursday for an update which may help. 

https://www.rovers.co.uk/news/2024/january/04/additional-support-ahead-of-digital-day/

So the 'update which may help' is pretty much the same as it was, just rehashed, regurgitated crap. In all my years working with hundreds of different companies I never encountered one who just flatly refused to listen to their customer base of even compromise. It really is sad how these people are alienating supporters, supporters who have been going for decades. And in my experience some of those will simply not return. But Fraser Read, Waggott and all the others won't be here by then, they'll have moved onto pastures new. We will be left with the ruins after it has been dismantled but by bit.

This is our club and yet lots of supporters feel disenfranchised by the imposters who roam the corridors of power.

• Like 7

11 minutes ago, J*B said:

There's another update at 6pm tonight saying you can now buy tickets on the day. 

Hopefully that happens. I suppose them climbing down (albeit still fatuous given the timeframe) hasn't gone down too well but what can't speak can't like - the sales are appalling and heading for a record low crowd for a competitive game at Ewood.

If we’d have had a good month of results and were around the play off places they may have got away with it (not that they deserved to), but piss poor form on the pitch coupled with this shambles off it and it’s a perfect storm and the seat map is for all to see.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, arbitro said:

Hopefully that happens. I suppose them climbing down (albeit still fatuous given the timeframe) hasn't gone down too well but what can't speak can't like - the sales are appalling and heading for a record low crowd for a competitive game at Ewood.

Cambridge away following may avoid the record low crowd c1600 sold at present. Do you feel you have been played by Fraser Read?

6 minutes ago, SIMON GARNERS 194 said:

Vote with your feet in protest at this utter shambles..make a statement.

It's not as easy as that though for some. My granddaughter is looking forward to this as she does every match. I shield her away from the nonsense that goes on off the field and all she wants is to see Rovers play and win. I haven't yet got tickets but why should I deprive her because of the idiocy of people who run the club.

Sometimes I wish I could walk away from Rovers for good and save myself a fortune alongside keeping myself sane. But I can't. I have a forlorn hope that one day we will be shorn of the horrible owners and the half wits they employ.

• Like 5

2 minutes ago, Rogerb said:

Cambridge away following may avoid the record low crowd c1600 sold at present. Do you feel you have been played by Fraser Read?

I'm not sure what you mean by 'played'. What I asked for from the first announcement was a choice but despite many people I know contacting him asking for the same he steadfastly refused to compromise. My gut feeling is that someone has pulled rank on him given the awful sales.

• Like 1

I’m with you arbito, it’s a tough one, do those running the club deserve our support? Not in the slightest, they are a disgrace and I hold them in contempt.

No issue with anyone swerving this game, they bloody well deserve it the arrogant fools. However, more broadly, once you ‘vote with your feet’ you can very quickly get out of the habit as thousands upon thousands have and getting them back becomes very, very difficult in 5, 10, 20 years time when this lot finally feck off.

We need the 10-12k core to remain so we have something to build from when the liberation day finally arrives.

Edited by Mattyblue
  • Like 4

7 minutes ago, arbitro said:

I'm not sure what you mean by 'played'. What I asked for from the first announcement was a choice but despite many people I know contacting him asking for the same he steadfastly refused to compromise. My gut feeling is that someone has pulled rank on him given the awful sales.

You indicated yesterday he was suggesting a change in approach could be announced today as yet that doesn't seem to be the case.

Just now, Rogerb said:

You indicated yesterday he was suggesting a change in approach could be announced today as yet that doesn't seem to be the case.

J*B has posted that there is an announcement at 6 pm this evening. He says it will announce that tickets can be bought on the day.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, J*B said:

There's another update at 6pm tonight saying you can now buy tickets on the day. 

The below suggests this will still be digital only…

‘We will issue further updates on our matchday processes in due course, but rest assured that staffing numbers will not be reduced and all staff will be available on matchday to assist in the online purchase process.’

• Like 1

So @J*B was right about about the announcement and yet just six hours ago (when they must already have known) the club were still pushing the digital only narrative.

You can be sure that in the next few days SW and FR will be proudly stating what percentage of sales were digital ones.

Edited by wilsdenrover
  • Like 1

8 minutes ago, wilsdenrover said:

So @J*B was right about about the announcement and yet just six hours ago (when they must already have known) the club were still pushing the digital only narrative.

You can be sure that in the next few days SW and FR will be proudly stating what percentage of sales were digital ones.

Duncan and I, on behalf of the Supporters Trust, have quietly been making representations on this on behalf of fans.

We were aware of this yesterday but it was always up to the Club to announce.

In my opinion digital is the way forward but not at the expense of losing fans.  A carrot rather than stick approach was our preference.

To be fair the Club has listened and acted.

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, wilsdenrover said:

At least the digital experiment will have negated the problem with getting served at half-time.

• Backroom

So it’s been a success AND the club are graciously helping fans:

Whilst the digital process has worked well, with a number of supporters managing to switch to a digital and more sustainable form of ticketing, we do not want to be a barrier to anyone wishing to attend the match.’

Could have fooled me as it looks like a catastrophic failure and panic reversal from where I am 

• Like 6

One of two things has happened here.

The club have been scared witless about the numbers of tickets that have been sold digitally.

Or

The number of complaints and representations from fan groups and individuals has caused them to swallow their pride and give supporters the option (which is all we asked for In the first instance).

Going forward I at least hope they have the courtesy and sense to gauge supporter opinion before trying something as radical as this.

It is through gritted teeth I say well done because we shouldn't have got to this in the first instance.It

I will be buying ours tomorrow.

• Like 4

20 minutes ago, Mike Graham said:

Duncan and I, on behalf of the Supporters Trust, have quietly been making representations on this on behalf of fans.

We were aware of this yesterday but it was always up to the Club to announce.

In my opinion digital is the way forward but not at the expense of losing fans.  A carrot rather than stick approach was our preference.

To be fair the Club has listened and acted.

So why the 12 ‘o’ clock ‘it’s still digital only’ posting on the club’s website?

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, wilsdenrover said:

So why the 12 ‘o’ clock ‘it’s still digital only’ posting on the club’s website?

Left hand, right hand?????

😂😂

• Like 5