BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Cambridge Ticketing Fiasco

Taking the "reduce the club’s carbon footprint and help tackle climate change" to its logical conclusion then Ewood Park should be closed to all supporters because cars and buses and trains carrying fans to matches are polluting the planet.

Perhaps that is the long term plan. Shut Ewood and sell the stadium and land off, play matches at Brockhall (or Pleasington) and televise games into homes on pay per view. The club saves millions and management rake it in

Brian Clough predicted years ago that football would in the end be played behind closed doors because television would kill off live support. He was wrong about that but maybe the corporate types are having another go via a different route. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Hasta said:

The only line I can see given is " reducing the club’s carbon footprint and helping tackle climate change. "

On the face of it a few thousand paper tickets being printed by the club instead of potentially by the end user makes no difference what so ever.

However when you consider that if they get less people attending, that's less people travelling in cars and less food consumption then they may be on to something.

I'm all for Rovers being more environmentally conscious. Otherwise as a club they could end up actively supporting other environmental hazards, like disposable vapes, or something.

I'd wager maggot drives a gas guzzler and the staff players etc 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Mike E said:

When I wrote the first draft of the Marketing Prospectus produced by Rovers Trust (now WATR), the mantra I had in mind (and added as a subheading) was:

Make it as easy as possible to support Blackburn Rovers.

I have no marketing experience or qualifications or anything like that. I just mix with fans of all clubs every day, and know what ideals can be pragmatically worked towards or even achieved.

No different from any fan.

Why the FUCK are the club not paying attention? I WANT to give you my money, but you’re making it bloody difficult!

A large portion of good marketing is common sense and knowing your customers.

That’s why you (and possibly even I) could do a much better job than the current incumbents.

• Like 3

12 minutes ago, Rogerb said:

Meanwhile Cambridge have had a second block of tickets released for sale.

Away tickets always get sent to the away club in batches, according to expected demand. So nothing new there.

Another flaw to the club's argument making out this is the first time they have done that.

On 17/12/2023 at 08:46, Mattyblue said:

The lowest of the low for me was last season (maybe it’s still going on) when kids had to pitch up in their own replica kit if they wanted to be mascot as the club didn’t have any - so a load of potential mascots would have to be turned away as no parent would be able to get hold of a kit post about September anyway.

I’d call it ‘non league’, amateur’, but that’s an insult to all those well run clubs that really care down the pyramid.

Just spotted it on the website. Yep still is going on. £150 and you have to provide your own kit.

Please note, your child will need to be in a 23/24 Rovers kit (either home, away or third). This will not be provided by the club.

Maybe that’s something the ‘Head of Consumer’ should focus us on instead of taking a load of ‘digital’ twaddle.

Edited by Mattyblue
  • Like 7

Just read that frasier read article. Where on earth do they keep finding these cretins. It’s unbelievable for a business to keep misreading the room across every aspect of pleasing their customers. If I was deliberately trying to conceive a moronic idea I couldn’t actually beat what these dummies put into action. Christ only knows whats left on the cutting room floor at hq. 

Edited by matt83
  • Like 2

f616174f-b858-4fb9-b232-3d2ac5d71ad4.thumb.jpeg.f201c537eb1a1390a286a563283f09b4.jpeg

So it’s the same plank who’s in charge of retail and ticketing. It was bad enough when assumed it was 2 different muppets. No kiddies home kits in for the start of the season or Xmas. Now making the ticketing a shambles. Considering there’s some pretty stiff competition this guy could be up there as the most useless ewood employee, definitely much more suited for his role at Costa coffee frying beans. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Mattyblue said:

Just spotted it on the website. Yep still is going on. £150 and you have to provide your own kit.

Please note, your child will need to be in a 23/24 Rovers kit (either home, away or third). This will not be provided by the club.

Maybe that’s something the ‘Head of Consumer’ should focus us on instead of taking a load of ‘digital’ twaddle.

When you highlighted this originally I posted at the time that it was possibly the most distressing thing I'd read about the Club during the current tenure. Imagine a young fan over the moon with excitement at the prospect of being a mascot only to have that dream cruelly snatched away from him or her because the Club can't provide a shirt even if his or her parents were prepared to buy one!

Then we have this digital fixture bollux. It seems that not only do we not want fans in the ground we dont even want mascots either. Obviously all far too much trouble and hassle for those at the Club.

I absolutely despair reading this thread. Looking at these pathetic and counterproductive attempts to save a few quid in staffing and printing costs my mind wandered over to the time when not that long ago according to the Fans Forum minutes Cheston and Waggott sat in front of them and with a perfectly straight face claimed they'd be willing and able to finance a brand new state of the art training Centre if they were successful in their plan to sell off part of the training facilities.

Yet seemingly we can't even afford a few ink cartridges...............strange that.

5 minutes ago, matt83 said:

f616174f-b858-4fb9-b232-3d2ac5d71ad4.thumb.jpeg.f201c537eb1a1390a286a563283f09b4.jpeg

So it’s the same plank who’s in charge of retail and ticketing. It was bad enough when assumed it was 2 different muppets. No kiddies home kits in for the start of the season or Xmas. Now making the ticketing a shambles. Considering there’s some pretty stiff competition this guy could be up there as the most useless ewood employee, definitely much more suited for his role at Costa coffee frying beans. 

A ‘thriving marketing department’, good to know, bet we’d be seeing a right shambles otherwise…

• Like 3

12 minutes ago, matt83 said:

Sorry to keep digging out the Fans Forum but he's actually "a credit to the Club" according to Mike Graham (of Fans Forum Fame)

(Rightly) Having the piss taken out of us by Darwen FC. That's about where we are right now as a Club.

3 minutes ago, RevidgeBlue said:

Sorry to keep digging out the Fans Forum but he's actually "a credit to the Club" according to Mike Graham (of Fans Forum Fame)

(Rightly) Having the piss taken out of us by Darwen FC. That's about where we are right now as a Club.

Mike Graham is on this thread - he replied to a post of mine denying there would be staff cuts

it`s so obvious they want to reduce staff on matchday and in the club shop,if this fraser reid bloke gets his way there will be one person manning the club shop  and no need for ticketing staff on matchday either if this "digital" lark takes precedent,it`s got nothing to do with carbon footprint more to do with a jobsworth trying to climb the greasy corporate pole,i bet he fancies taking over from swag soon

5 minutes ago, RevidgeBlue said:

Thank you Simon.  I stand by my comments.  Try engaging with the guy.

3 minutes ago, RevidgeBlue said:

Quite. If and until someone can provide tangible evidence as to why he is a credit to the club and not useless I shall continue to believe he’s a coffee bean fryer promoted well beyond his ability. Going off the evidence I’m seeing he’s utterly useless. I’m sure he’s a decent bloke who rescues stray dogs in his spare time but as head of marketing it’s embarrassing