BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

22 minutes ago, ABBEY said:

Saw it mentioned in the game thread . Who else nearly shat they're pants at halftime yesterday. I genuinely thought it was a bomb at first, then I thought rovers were having a pyro show and then I saw groundstaff shit it. 

Still can't believe no safety announcement after either. 

I've done stupid things in my life  and thank god no social media  was around but I have never let a huge firework go off in a football ground with fans in .

What an absolute bellend  whoever did this . No idea if the dickeads got caught or not but if they did I hope the rats got an attempted murder charge.

It came over the Riverside and landed in the middle , imagine if  it had ( could of easily) hit one of the groundstaff or landed in the crowd.  Imagine it hit a child  .

Disgusting vile behaviour that. Yes I'm ranting but still can't believe the stupidity of it.

I agree entirely. Surely there will be CCTV covering the back of the Riverside where it appeared to come from. There should be a proper investigation done involving the police and as you say it was just luck that nobody was injured.

• Like 6

2 minutes ago, Hasta said:

It looked like it was from further back than just outside the riverside The smoke plume looked like it from higher up the hill on the other side of the river.

Bloody hell, who threw it? Jeff Capes 😂😂

23 minutes ago, arbitro said:

Bloody hell, who threw it? Jeff Capes 😂😂

I presume it was some kind of rocket fired over the top of the stand. That makes it more dangerous as it could easy have fired into the JW seats. It’s just luck it seems to come down on the pitch.

I may be wrong mind. I’m sure they will have it on camera within the ground.

Edited by Hasta
  • Like 3

I imagine it will be a big part of the match debrief and a big concern for the HSE. It will have to go down as a near miss. If it had happened during play the game would’ve been abandoned, and thank god they didn’t have kids on the pitch taking penalties this particular half time. It’s only extreme fortune that somebody wasn’t badly hurt or worse.

I saw Martin Winters from the Community Trust removing the remnants from the pitch. It looked like a broom handle. I’m not a big fan of fireworks at the best of times, but surely something like that should not be readily available for any idiot to buy in a shop. It’s a potentially lethal explosive. Have to agree with Abbey, they ought to be facing some very serious criminal charges.

• Like 8

Yep, I said similar on the match thread - it wasn't just a firework, it was a pretty heavy duty explosive type.

How nobody was injured is an absolute fluke.

I was sat (with my little lad) central in the JW upper seats and whilst it landed on the pitch, it really wasn't that far off the fans at all.

Hopefully the scrotes responsible are caught.

• Like 3

19 hours ago, arbitro said:

I agree entirely. Surely there will be CCTV covering the back of the Riverside where it appeared to come from. There should be a proper investigation done involving the police and as you say it was just luck that nobody was injured.

The smoke was coming from further back and would be hidden by trees. I personally think if this is where the firework came from I think it was likely a mis firing firework probably aimed  above Ewood rather than the pitch as the Riverside would prevent a direct aim.

• Like 1