BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

The Purgatory or Hope Poll

Purgatory or Hope  

88 members have voted

1. 1. We know Venkys won’t sell, so which option do you prefer?

• Venkys remain and pay the bills
    • Administration

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 02/01/24 at 09:00

As others have said, it’s not so black and white and not a binary issue.

if we’re going to have a wish list, putting the club up for sale (with a realistic price tag) has to be one preferred option, or Venkys staying and investing more in the club, coupled with better management at Ewood, is another.

What is almost certain is that administration would damage the club from which it might never recover. Assets, such as the training ground and academy, would quite likely be sold.  Be careful what you wish for

Always thought this ownership will end in admin one way or another and it seems we've been close a few times over the last 13 years. 

Actually selling the club would be preferable but can't see it and that would end up being a long painful process anyway knowing these lot.  One thing about admin would be it gives the opportunity for someone to pick the club up and rebuild it but i'm not sure there'd be much left.

Edited by tomphil
  • Like 1

Venkys will never ever sell the club of there own accord.

If the investigation goes there way venkys will always do enough to keep us out of administration, but it will be a slow decline into the lower leagues possibly with a first ever stint in the 4th division at some point.

The only hope the club has is if the authorities over there makes them sell the club or refuse funds coming over, and I genuinely think that won't happen.

23 hours ago, Upside Down said:

Not sure why people are so afraid of administration. Losing assets like the training ground have been suggested. 

We've already lost the fucking training ground!

There is more to lose with Venkys than without. 

Well certainly I've lost hope and am finding it increasingly difficult to care. I could handle the gloom of I thought that one day it would lift.

My greatest worry is continually nagging at the back of my head. What if they're here for good, what if they can't be gotten rid of?

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Upside Down said:

Genuinely baffling that anyone could think Venkys are preferable to administration. 

Where have these people been for the last 13 years? 

Even more baffling that some actually prefer administration.

It's a small step from there to liquidation!

• Like 1