BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

The Purgatory or Hope Poll

Purgatory or Hope  

88 members have voted

1. 1. We know Venkys won’t sell, so which option do you prefer?

• Venkys remain and pay the bills
    • Administration

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 02/01/24 at 09:00

Administration. Sure we'll probably be scuppered, possibly relegated whenever we get the 10 point deduction, but other clubs have gone through that and recovered e.g. Brighton, Luton, Bournemouth, Leeds, Coventry. We need to get out of this awful situation with delusional happy clappers fans, negligent owners and falling standards.

Venkys have crapped all over the club, the town and are vindictively running the club towards the lower leagues.

• Like 7

Like I've said before if we were treading water with an outside hope of promotion then having the venkys paying that bills is the lesser of two evils. 

They're stripping us of anything and everything and it's depressing. You take the ups and downs of being a fan but when you can no longer see any ups on the horizon I'd rather just put the club out of its misery. 

• Like 1

As a direct alternative to immediate administration I'd rather they stayed and paid the bills in the short term.

However the only palatable option in the medium to long term is they put the Club up for sale immediately. This routine of having to run off cap in hand to an Indian Court every 3 months to cover expenses and not being able to sign any players simply isn't viable or sustainable in the long run.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Tyrone Shoelaces said:

They’ve hollowed the club out into next to nothingness. It’s now a husk of the club I grew up supporting.

And I don't think Waggott has finished yet.....

God knows if there'll be anything left by the time he departs.

Probably be ground sharing with Preston and back training at Pleasington trying to avoid the dog turds.

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, RevidgeBlue said:

As a direct alternative to immediate administration I'd rather they stayed and paid the bills in the short term.

However the only palatable option in the medium to long term is they put the Club up for sale immediately. This routine of having to run off cap in hand to an Indian Court every 3 months to cover expenses and not being able to sign any players simply isn't viable or sustainable in the long run.

If I thought they would put us up for sale and someone would buy us then I would agree with that

Two points however. 1) I really don't think they will put us up for sale. Ever since we dropped out of the premiership the value of the club had dropped each year until we've turned into the basket case we are today with enormous debts and low turnover. If they wanted to claw back their losses as much as possible before selling, they would've made a much greater effort to build a decent team. In short, I just don't see them putting us up for sale as , if that were on their list of options, they would've done it already. 2) in the event that they did put us up for sale, I get the feeling that they would be looking for an unrealistic amount of money, plus they would be absolute murder to negotiate with, that is if you could get on touch with them.

So, I'm not prepared to wait, the optics of the last more than decade suggest that we've waited long enough. They have to go and the only way to do it is to take it off of them.

• Like 3

5 minutes ago, broadsword said:

If I thought they would put us up for sale and someone would buy us then I would agree with that

Two points however. 1) I really don't think they will put us up for sale. Ever since we dropped out of the premiership the value of the club had dropped each year until we've turned into the basket case we are today with enormous debts and low turnover. If they wanted to claw back their losses as much as possible before selling, they would've made a much greater effort to build a decent team. In short, I just don't see them putting us up for sale as , if that were on their list of options, they would've done it already. 2) in the event that they did put us up for sale, I get the feeling that they would be looking for an unrealistic amount of money, plus they would be absolute murder to negotiate with, that is if you could get on touch with them.

So, I'm not prepared to wait, the optics of the last more than decade suggest that we've waited long enough. They have to go and the only way to do it is to take it off of them.

I understand most thinking like that however as one or two like den have said I really don't think administration would be the simple guaranteed long term solution most people think it would be.

Admin. My only fear if/when that comes is will we lose the academy? It's still the one glimmer of hope that's left. Though I suppose it would be fitting that as Venkys lose control of the club they also f... us out of that too. One last hurrah.

• Like 1

Administration is the only way they'll be shifted. Also a sale conducted by the Administrator might just avoid some of the swindlers and chancers that Venkys themselves would be happy to do a deal with.

• Like 5

21 hours ago, Oldgregg86 said:

I’d rather watch us play darwen next season than this continue indefinitely 

THE PEOPLE HAVE SUFFERED FOR FAR TOO LONG. YA BASTA!*

A phrase used by south American revolutionaries, it roughly translates as ENOUGH IS FUCKING ENOUGH, WE AIN'T TAKING THIS SHIT NO MORE

Edited by broadsword
  • Like 2

On 21/01/2024 at 22:49, JamieUK said:

Admin. My only fear if/when that comes is will we lose the academy? It's still the one glimmer of hope that's left. Though I suppose it would be fitting that as Venkys lose control of the club they also f... us out of that too. One last hurrah.

Start again always gonna be kids. 

is the academy all its cracked up to be tho. Always  developing other teams kids .

• Like 1

On 22/01/2024 at 19:31, broadsword said:

THE PEOPLE HAVE SUFFERED FOR FAR TOO LONG. YA BASTA!*

A phrase used by south American revolutionaries, it roughly translates as ENOUGH IS FUCKING ENOUGH, WE AIN'T TAKING THIS SHIT NO MORE

It's also gratifyingly close to 'ya bastards!'

• Like 1

On 22/01/2024 at 09:50, alcd said:

Administration is the only way they'll be shifted. Also a sale conducted by the Administrator might just avoid some of the swindlers and chancers that Venkys themselves would be happy to do a deal with.

Yes---real fear that they'd sell us to another bunch of bastards as a form of revenge.