BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Sort of a parallel thread to the music discussion thread as both are always intertwined.

What sort of clobber are you all sporting?

What have you just got and what did you used to have?

What are your recommendations?

Personally loving these Diadora trainers I've had for a bit. They were a bit narrow at first but once broken in they're extremely soft.

https://www.diadora.com/en/nz/game_l_low_waxed/501.178301_C6180.html

• Like 1

• Moderation Lead

Love Adidas spezial and similar trainers, really. The odd Stone Island and CP Company bits, if I’m a bit more flush 😅.

Otherwise, can pick up some lovely Vivienne Westwood bits on Vinted for a bargain, these days!

• Like 2

2 hours ago, K-Hod said:

Love Adidas spezial and similar trainers, really. The odd Stone Island and CP Company bits, if I’m a bit more flush 😅.

Otherwise, can pick up some lovely Vivienne Westwood bits on Vinted for a bargain, these days!

I do like the Spezials. The quintessential Adidas trainers really. Munchens are good also.

Never been flush enough to get a CP Company jacket, well I probably have been but would have spent it on guitars, amps, records etc.

Also show some love for winkle picker Chelsea boots. Something no serious Beatles fan can do without.

• Like 1

I’m not really a fan of Spezials (either the shoes or the clothing) and much prefer the old school Adidas stuff. 
I’m off to see From the Jam at Glasgow Barrowlands on Saturday and I’ll be wearing my trusty Adidas Japan trainers with a pair of Levi 510s and this top:

IMG_9916.jpeg

21 minutes ago, Norbert Rassragr said:

Thought you'd all be wearing Adidas Sambas after the Prime minister wore them at an interview. It always makes me laugh when someone like a politician tries to be cool like that and fails. Anyone remember William Hague in a baseball cap?

I wear Sambas for work. I got some stick when that fucking clown had the same shoes on!

On 22/04/2024 at 07:42, K-Hod said:

I used to wear Stone Island and CP back in 90's, I had loads of the stuff, so much so Originals used to ring me when a new item came in!

These days I look like an advert for Next........something I swore I'd never become.......with a Canada Goose and Moncler jacket to show I'm still a bit mad and willing to pay ridiculous prices when the mood takes me.  

• Like 2

• Moderation Lead
14 hours ago, Gav said:

I used to wear Stone Island and CP back in 90's, I had loads of the stuff, so much so Originals used to ring me when a new item came in!

These days I look like an advert for Next........something I swore I'd never become.......with a Canada Goose and Moncler jacket to show I'm still a bit mad and willing to pay ridiculous prices when the mood takes me.  

Yeah, I’ve got a Moncler puffer jacket that I treated myself to! The warmest and comfiest jacket I’ve ever owned!

1 hour ago, K-Hod said:

Yeah, I’ve got a Moncler puffer jacket that I treated myself to! The warmest and comfiest jacket I’ve ever owned!

I'll be honest, I bought a Canada Goose jacket probably 10yrs ago now before they did many puffers jackets. Its to hot to wear, even on the coldest days in UK! 

Its like new, sat on a hook under the stairs waiting for the next ice age to kick in!

Edited by Gav

Yeah I bought a “ Yeti “ - it’s a sort of very thin puffer style jacket but made fom some sort of magic ingredients. It’s so warm I can only wear it two months of the year. The rest of the time it’s in my ward robe. They started out making sleeping bags for the German Army.

I used to dress really smartly. Nice suits, best quality shirts and ties etc. When you’re were wearing overalls all day it was nice to have a change. 

I just wear casual stuff now. I’m going out later so I’ll be wearing “ Puma “ Oslo City trainers , dark “ Pantherella “ socks, dark blue “ Wrangler “ jeans ( not distressed or with holes in ! ), “ DSquared “ underpants , a black/brown “ CP Company “ shirt, black “ John Smedley “ sweater,  and a thin light blue “ Montane “ sort of zip up rain top.

All of those came from TkMaxx apart from the “ John Smedley “ sweater the came from the late and much lamented “ Jenners “ of Edinburgh.

Edited by Tyrone Shoelaces
  • Like 2

Whilst we are on the subject of “ Adidas “ Samba trainers. I bought a pair a while ago. Black leather with a sort of corrugated tongue. They squeak like nothing on earth when you wear them. It’s that bad Mrs Shoelaces has refused to let me wear them when we go out together ! The problem is the tongue. Anybody else come across this issue and if so - how did you cure it ? I’ve tried talcum powder and it only works for so long. 

I've never been a fan of Samba, to flat for me, but I did consider a pair of these, but at £200 right now, I've decided against them.

I do wonder where Gary Aspen got the colour scheme from, I'm sure its based on something relevant to Blackburn, maybe the Night Safe Project itself, but I'm not sure.

Blackburn spezial.jpg

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Tyrone Shoelaces said:

Whilst we are on the subject of “ Adidas “ Samba trainers. I bought a pair a while ago. Black leather with a sort of corrugated tongue. They squeak like nothing on earth when you wear them. It’s that bad Mrs Shoelaces has refused to let me wear them when we go out together ! The problem is the tongue. Anybody else come across this issue and if so - how did you cure it ? I’ve tried talcum powder and it only works for so long. 

There's no solution. You just have to wear them in. Eventually it does stop. Somebody I know recommended lightly scratching them and apparently that works. The area of the tongue that is impacted isn't visible so you won't see the scratches. Seems silly to me though

• Like 1

• Moderation Lead
1 hour ago, Gav said:

I've never been a fan of Samba, to flat for me, but I did consider a pair of these, but at £200 right now, I've decided against them.

I do wonder where Gary Aspen got the colour scheme from, I'm sure its based on something relevant to Blackburn, maybe the Night Safe Project itself, but I'm not sure.

Blackburn spezial.jpg

Managed to get a pair of these on release at RRP.
3x browser windows open at 11pm on the dot, luckily someone didn’t want a size 11 and that got me in! 
Probably wheel them out about 5 times a year, tbf!

• Like 2

8 hours ago, Tyrone Shoelaces said:

Ah right when my missus said “put some talc on your tongue” I assumed she meant it gave her extra sensation?! 😬

• Like 4

2 hours ago, oldjamfan1 said:

Ah right when my missus said “put some talc on your tongue” I assumed she meant it gave her extra sensation?! 😬

I did have a reply ready for this but I deemed it inappropriate for a football forum! 😄😬

• Like 2

15 hours ago, Tyrone Shoelaces said:

Yeah I bought a “ Yeti “ - it’s a sort of very thin puffer style jacket but made fom some sort of magic ingredients. It’s so warm I can only wear it two months of the year. The rest of the time it’s in my ward robe. They started out making sleeping bags for the German Army.

I used to dress really smartly. Nice suits, best quality shirts and ties etc. When you’re were wearing overalls all day it was nice to have a change. 

I just wear casual stuff now. I’m going out later so I’ll be wearing “ Puma “ Oslo City trainers , dark “ Pantherella “ socks, dark blue “ Wrangler “ jeans ( not distressed or with holes in ! ), “ DSquared “ underpants , a black/brown “ CP Company “ shirt, black “ John Smedley “ sweater,  and a thin light blue “ Montane “ sort of zip up rain top.

All of those came from TkMaxx apart from the “ John Smedley “ sweater the came from the late and much lamented “ Jenners “ of Edinburgh.

I'm glad you didn't omit the underpants.

I miss TKMaxx it had some gems to be found in there. I remember finding a Germany 1980 Euro champions Adidas Originals shirt in there years ago. That was mint I loved it. Sadly I am too fat to wear it now.

As for outdoor jackets there's some pretty nice gear over here with Kathmandu, MacPac and Mountain Design. Swanndri makes some decent gear as well.

Unfortunately the majority of fashion in this country is dire to none existent. You can't even get Fred Perry over here, what the fuck's that all about?

As for the sambas, the squeaking is from the tongue rubbing the leather, just rub it down with sand paper a bit and it should stop.

I must be TKMaxx’s best customer. One of my favourite purchase’s was a pair of replica New York Cosmos shirts, one home, one away, with the “ Pele “ No 10 letters and numbers sewn on. Brilliant quality, I I can’t recall who made them, it might have been “ Umbro” . They are both out in our flat in Spain at the moment.

Edited by Tyrone Shoelaces
  • Like 1

13 hours ago, Norbert Rassragr said:

Is there a product that can protect and waterproof suede? I'd like to keep those new trainers of mine looking good for a while.

There is a spray you can get. It's ok, regular use of it is recommended.

Don't know what it's called in England, I have one called crepe or something like that and another one that's just a home brand name from the shoe shop.

12 hours ago, DeeCee said:

Thought this thread was going to be about the clothes shop by the Hake Boat 🙏😁

I think my dad used to get gear from there back in the day.

Also I have very fond memories of the Hake Boat. Best chippy in the world.

• Like 1

• Moderation Lead
On 25/04/2024 at 13:11, Norbert Rassragr said:

Is there a product that can protect and waterproof suede? I'd like to keep those new trainers of mine looking good for a while.

I know JD Sports sell one called ‘crep protect’ that people seem to like.

Otherwise, I’d have a Google, I’m sure there are some reasonably priced ones knocking about!

• Like 1