BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Totally Outclassed

T4E

It means lots of people are putting money on an overrated Celtic team. Nothing more.

That will be why Fulham are also 16-1.

Lots of people lumping money on an overrated Fulham side!

Aye right!

Of course the betting is influenced by the number of bets placed on a certain side. however there is a certain naivety in suggesting that this is the only determining factor. by your logic the teams with the most fans would be bookies favourites for every tournament.

of course, that would never be Blackburn. You can't even fill your little dinky legoland ground for games against Premiership sides (oh dear..)

No it means the teams that most people put money on will be the shortest odds, which is the case. Not everybody puts money on the team they support see.

Fulham are performing very well in Europe, they won 3-0 away against a decent side, the fact that they are playing pants in the league is a side point, they probably deserve to be 16-1. Due to their performances people are putting money on them.

You can see where Zippy gets his name from.

He's an irritating muppet.

i can see that what was an interesting debate has just been turned into a slagging match.

Bryan, is that really your intelectual level.

As for Dr Rich. dont you see that your argument is flawed. people put money on either the team they support or the team they think will win. surely putting your cash on a bunch of 16-1 no hopers that you don't support is suicide.

anyway, must dash. im off to put the house on Blackburn for the Uefa cup at 40-1

(what a lesson we got last night...)

Easy there guys!!!  All getting a bit out of hand on here!

Bottom line is Blackburn outplayed Celtic last night, but at the end of the day Celtic won, and reading between the lines the rovers fans on here are panicking about their lack of cutting edge.

Read an earlier post that rubbished 14,000 coming down to Blackburn.  That will happen, but obviously only 9,000 or so are going to get in, but we will be noisy.  Parkhead is like a morgue at home, but away from home its non stop singing wherever they go.  This however is hardly going to decide the tie.  Larssons goal may do though!

Blackburn were noisy, but to be honest the 3,000 travelling Inverness Caley Thistle support were louder the week before so dont get too carried away!

Im quietly confident weve weathered the storm and will win through in the end.  Possibly on away goals.

boys. let me apologise.

i was only havin a laugh

certainly did not mean to offend anyone.

is fooball not all about a bit of banter?

we all had a great night with some of your boys in Glasgow and i hope we have the same down your way

lets call a truce and agree to disagree :D

But your agreeing with my argument Zippy, people are putting money on Celtic because they think they will win, but they are over-rating Celtic, maybe because they don't know watch that much football or maybe they support Celtic.

Blackburn probably should be at odds of 40-1 to win it but so should Celtic.

Wait and see Celtic will probably win the soddin' thing after me saying this.

The atmosphere at Parkhead is,i admit rather flat,but one thing i know for sure is that the travelling support are a little more noisy.When we fill the Darwen End with noise and colour you will feel as if your the away team MON THE HOOPS

oh, so the atmosphere's flat now is it. See i'm sure all you scots have been on this board for the last 3 weeks telling us how loud it will be and how rovers fans would not believe the atmosphere.......

going back to an earlier post fulham are obviuosly going to be 16-1. They have just won 3-0 away from home so are pretty much guarenteed to go through to the next round.

boys. let me apologise.

i was only havin a laugh

certainly did not mean to offend anyone.

is fooball not all about a bit of banter?

we all had a great night with some of your boys in Glasgow and i hope we have the same down your way

lets call a truce and agree to disagree :D

HERE !HERE !DONT TAKE FOOTBALL TOO SERIOUSLY ITS ONLY A GAME.HOPE TO HAVE A GOOD DAY AT UTOPIA AND BLACKBURN ON A WHOLE.

oh, so the atmosphere's flat now is it. See i'm sure all you scots have been on this board for the last 3 weeks telling us how loud it will be and how rovers fans would not believe the atmosphere.......

I was extremely dissapointed in the atmosphere last night.  I admit I was one of those saying it'll be a tremendous atmosphere but it just didnt happen.  Reason for that is that for large periods there was nothing to get excited about.  Credit to Blackburn for that as ive seen a lot of teams come to Parkhead and struggle - Juventus, Valencia and Porto to name a few and none have kept the ball for as long as Blackburn did last night.  Now im not for a minute saying you are better than them, but what I am saying is that Rovers caught us on a bad night and played very well themselves.

I know its easy to say Celtic will be better in the 2nd leg, but I do honestly believe that.  If I were a rovers fan Id be worried about your inability to creat chances despite having so much of the ball.

nowt to worry about 1888,4-1 rovers jansen hatrick.

Christ Abbey, you on this link aswell.  You stalking me?!    :sleep:

4-1.  Im willing to bet you my life savings..........£5!! that you will not beat us by that scoreline.

Youve seen Celtic once (playing as bad as ive ever seen) and reckon youve got the beating of us.  That works fine for me as the more were underestimated the better it is!  All I heard in the run up to this game was how you would give us "sweaty jocks" a doing up in Scotland!  Well that didnt happen and neither will the anialation you speak of.  2-1 rovers - Hello 3rd round for Celtic

[

of course, that would never be Blackburn. You can't even fill your little dinky legoland ground for games against Premiership sides (oh dear..)

It is ignorant comments like this that really get under my skin.

Many Blackburn fans will acknoeledge that we don't have a large fan base, we are a small town for crying out loud and there isn't alot of money in the area. Rovers doi very well to get the attendances we do.

So what if Celtic fill their ground week in week out, you are in a massive city and have the whole of Ireland almost to get fans from.

Your comment is pathetic and petty. well my car is better than yours so there does it make me a better driver?

As for the game last night fair play to Celtic you won having played poorly, thats football, but I think we all know including you who was the better team last night.

Now #### ## and gloat to some partick thistle fans about how much better you are you ########

I suppose for every polite, good-mannered celtic supporter, like pete1888, there has to be 3 arrogant little sh*ts running around gloating.

I won't comment on what will or will not happen at Ewood. If Celtic go through, then well done. If Rovers go through, I most certainly will not be somebody who turns up on celtic fc web-sites and engage in taunting/gloating the fans and then to label it as "joking".

Must say....I'm really disappointed with some of the attitudes on here. Before the game I exchanged messages with quite a few of you and everyone seemed pretty sensible.

Something has changed since the game though and there seems to be more numpties around writing a lot of dung.

eg Tucker....you can't have it both ways. All I've read on here is how Celtic fans were really quiet, 'what cauldron ha ha' etc etc......then you criticise a Celtic fan for 'biting' and asking you about your home attendances week in, week out. Think you'll find the 'my car is better than your car' stuff was started by all those the slagging off about our players, our performance and the atmosphere last night.

Really looking forward to the 2nd leg now......and hopefully silencing some of the arrogant arseholes on here. (That's not directed at everyone, just the ones with the pathetic comments)

careful, don't throw your toys out of the pram. What's changed is we lost so people are entitled to be a bit upset.

Larsson's overtaken McCoist now hasn't he? at least some good came of the ball bouncing off him.

Must say....I'm really disappointed with some of the attitudes on here. Before the game I exchanged messages with quite a few of you and everyone seemed pretty sensible.

Something has changed since the game though and there seems to be more numpties around writing a lot of dung.

eg Tucker....you can't have it both ways. All I've read on here is how Celtic fans were really quiet, 'what cauldron ha ha' etc etc......then you criticise a Celtic fan for 'biting' and asking you about your home attendances week in, week out. Think you'll find the 'my car is better than your car' stuff was started by all those the slagging off about our players, our performance and the atmosphere last night.

Really looking forward to the 2nd leg now......and hopefully silencing some of the arrogant arseholes on here. (That's not directed at everyone, just the ones with the pathetic comments)

totally agree. i only hope the majority of Rovers fans are more friendly and more accomodating to guests than some on this messageboard.

:(

think i'll leave this debate now. its starting to stink of sour grapes

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.