BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Totally Outclassed

T4E

To all those arrogant sh*thead celtic supporters who left patronising "Blackburn are no more than a mid-table" team messages here and there

Up yours.

Your team was made to look like a Division one team at home.

Let's hope the proportion of Celtic supporters who truly and arrogantly believed this would be a walk-over will now watch their team sink out of the UEFA Cup at Ewood.

To all those arrogant sh*thead celtic supporters who left patronising "Blackburn are no more than a mid-table" team messages here and there

Up yours.

Your team was made to look like a Division one team at home.

Let's hope the proportion of Celtic supporters who truly and arrogantly believed this would be a walk-over will now watch their team sink out of the UEFA Cup at Ewood.

*claps*

hello all. i'm a Celtic fan just back from the game and thought i'd give you my thoughts. first of all, hats off to you. Rovers are a lovely footballing team and should'nt have lost tonight. However the fact is that you did! Its all very well playing lovely patterned football but there was virtually NO end product. How may great saves can you honestly remember Douglas making? Its clear why you are not a really top premiership side because your side is powderpuff and lightweight. All the hard luck stories in the world don't hide the fact that your side lost (ok we were rubbish but who cares). Also, please dont assume this tie will be straightforward in the second leg. I've never seen Celtic play so poorly (including games against sides much better than Blackburn, i.e Juve and Valencia). i think we can score at your patch and it will still be very close.

p.s: just so you don't think i'm trying to cause trouble, just a word for the fans who travelled up. you gave tremendous support to your team and i hope you had a great night in Glasgow. see you in 2 weeks

hello all. i'm a Celtic fan just back from the game and thought i'd give you my thoughts. first of all, hats off to you. Rovers are a lovely footballing team and should'nt have lost tonight. However the fact is that you did! Its all very well playing lovely patterned football but there was virtually NO end product. How may great saves can you honestly remember Douglas making? Its clear why you are not a really top premiership side because your side is powderpuff and lightweight. All the hard luck stories in the world don't hide the fact that your side lost (ok we were rubbish but who cares). Also, please dont assume this tie will be straightforward in the second leg. I've never seen Celtic play so poorly (including games against sides much better than Blackburn, i.e Juve and Valencia). i think we can score at your patch and it will still be very close.

p.s: just so you don't think i'm trying to cause trouble, just a word for the fans who travelled up. you gave tremendous support to your team and i hope you had a great night in Glasgow. see you in 2 weeks

Mate, your team didnt get a kick all night. You think this game showed why we aren't a top Premiership side? Pal, all this game did was show that you are no way near Premiership class and have a hell of a way to go until you are.

Only having seen it on TV, I didn't think we were elaborate. It's just so difficult to get past those back three players when they play so tight in the box.

We battered them. It wasn't a case of them playing poorly - we did them. I hate these pathetic excuses - we beat Juventus, but were run close by you, hence you were punching above your weight, we played poorly, we will do you. @#/?! We showed ourselves to be the better team.

Hats off to Craig Short who's showed himself to be a quality defender.

Only having seen it on TV, I didn't think we were elaborate. It's just so difficult to get past those back three players when they play so tight in the box.

We battered them. It wasn't a case of them playing poorly - we did them. I hate these pathetic excuses - we beat Juventus, but were run close by you, hence you were punching above your weight, we played poorly, we will do you. @#/?! We showed ourselves to be the better team.

"we did them"....Hmmm

thats the first time i've ever heard that phrase define a 1-0 defeat.

you all seem to have Craig Brown syndrome:  "ok, so we lost but we had more posession and more corners etc etc etc"

my heart bleeds

Cheer up Graeme Souness...

"we did them"....Hmmm

thats the first time i've ever heard that phrase define a 1-0 defeat.

you all seem to have Craig Brown syndrome:  "ok, so we lost but we had more posession and more corners etc etc etc"

my heart bleeds

Cheer up Graeme Souness...

At the end of the day, your beloved Celts have been shown up to be a bunch of second rate Premiership rejects and wannabes. You may have won the first game, but there is another to come and Scottish football has been exposed for what it really is - a joke.

We look forward to welcoming you to Ewood. Not to mention sending you back home with your tails between your legs.

well hes right about the keeper, how many great saves did Cetics keeper make?, maybe one average save from Thompson and an easy save from Dunn, that was it, But Celtic really showed the rest of Britain that they are nothing more then an average team, so they won but the aslo lost allot of respect, and hopefully we will finish the chances at home, like  Souness said you don't always get what you deserve.

We were LUCKY against Arsenal, we were UNLUCKY against Cetlic, next time we will make our own luck and finish the job, have to be confident of that!

Have to agree with chris and t4e here, we really outclassed them tonight, but what does it matter if we can't produce the chances to get us the goals? Zippy has a fair point, we need to convert our lovely linkup play and passing into chances and GOALS, or we will never get anywhere. Our defense was good today, apart from the one slip-up that cost us so dearly.

I feel that we are absolutely dependant on the directness of players like Dunn and Jansen to succeed with our game. Cole and Yorke are too similar, too much involved in the build up when they should be right up there ready to pounce on every chance that comes along, for there will be lots of them. We should really have played Jansen instead of Cole today, and put on Dunn a little earlier.

I've never gone home from a game this pleased though, seeing as we played really "sexy" football out there - Celtic really were made to look like a div 2 side if you ask me   :rover:

PS notice the lovely turn on the 18yard line by Thompson - Bergkamp-esque! Lovely move!

At the end of the day, your beloved Celts have been shown up to be a bunch of second rate Premiership rejects and wannabes. You may have won the first game, but there is another to come and Scottish football has been exposed for what it really is - a joke.

We look forward to welcoming you to Ewood. Not to mention sending you back home with your tails between your legs.

You seem to be missing the point. i'm not gloating. in fact i'm more than aware of my team's weaknesses. the point i'm making is that you guys seem to miss the irony that, by your own somewhat fuzzy logic, your team has just lost a crucial game to a bunch of "second rate", "wannabe", "jokers". i did say the return will be close.  given the fact that we played the "mighty" Hearts and Dunfermline whilst Blackburn faced the likes of Newcastle and Arsenal, it only stands to reason that your guys are that bit sharper. nevertheless we have a team full of internationals who are no mugs and can, i can assure you play much better. (you of all people i would have thought would appreciate that Sutton had a stinker! Ditto that for half a dozen others and you have an accurate assesment of how we played). its game on for the second leg

"your team has just lost a crucial game to a bunch of "second rate", "wannabe", "jokers"."

yeah but thats football it happens, we have lost to a team we out classed, its not the first it ever happen is it!!! and let remember that was the AWAY leg, we must be favs at home, its only half way, and we are the better team i think we can all agree on that, i think the two week wait will do Celtic no favours and us the world of good as Cole Jansen and Duff can get match fit, but lets see should be a good game.

You seem to be missing the point. i'm not gloating. in fact i'm more than aware of my team's weaknesses. the point i'm making is that you guys seem to miss the irony that, by your own somewhat fuzzy logic, your team has just lost a crucial game to a bunch of "second rate", "wannabe", "jokers". i did say the return will be close.  given the fact that we played the "mighty" Hearts and Dunfermline whilst Blackburn faced the likes of Newcastle and Arsenal, it only stands to reason that your guys are that bit sharper. nevertheless we have a team full of internationals who are no mugs and can, i can assure you play much better. (you of all people i would have thought would appreciate that Sutton had a stinker! Ditto that for half a dozen others and you have an accurate assesment of how we played). its game on for the second leg

Nah mate, you are missing the point. People keep saying that Celtic can obviously play better and they just had a bad day. Thats not the case. You didnt play well because we didnt let you play well. Taylor and Short snuffed out almost every threat you posed in the final third. Tugay, Flitcroft and Thompson showed your midfield to be very ordinary, and harried you for every second (although there weren't very many) that you had the ball.

The "point" is, if you couldnt get a kick at your place and couldnt be raised by 60,000 of your own fans, why should we expect you play any better, or more to the point us to allow you to play any better, when we get down to our place?

You think we played well tonight? You've seen nothing yet. If I was a Celtic fan I'd be extremely sceptical about my teams chances in the second leg.

You've seen nothing yet.

we've seen nothing yet!!

are you guys prepared for the travelling Celtic support?

the atmosphere at Celtic Park is over hyped whereas the 10000 or so fans who come to Blackburn will sing from first to last minute. in fact Martin O  always acknowledges this as a key factor. doesn't Ewood only hold something in the region of 25000. it will be like another home game for Celts.

p.s sorry cant resist it but Tuguy!!! ha ha. if our players are Premiership rejects, he is worse. A Rangers reject(oh the shame...ousted by the likes of Fernando Rickson)

Anyway. im off to bed but i'll look in over the next few weeks. have enjoyed your banter

You've seen nothing yet.

we've seen nothing yet!!

are you guys prepared for the travelling Celtic support?

the atmosphere at Celtic Park is over hyped whereas the 10000 or so fans who come to Blackburn will sing from first to last minute. in fact Martin O  always acknowledges this as a key factor. doesn't Ewood only hold something in the region of 25000. it will be like another home game for Celts.

p.s sorry cant resist it but Tuguy!!! ha ha. if our players are Premiership rejects, he is worse. A Rangers reject(oh the shame...ousted by the likes of Fernando Rickson)

Anyway. im off to bed but i'll look in over the next few weeks. have enjoyed your banter

Yep, same Tugay who took the p**s out of your midfield all night long. People in glass houses shouldn't through stones. When you've developed a decent midfield, then you can come back and preach about ours.

Don't fret people, it's only a 1-0 away lose. If the game was anything like this quote from The Guardian:

".....Andy Cole came on for Egil Ostenstad at the start of the second half and Blackburn continued where they left off, pushing the ball around neatly and generally frustrating Celtic.

It meant that by and large the home team had to rely on mistakes to pose any real threat and one such moment occurred after 49 minutes when Garry Flitcroft's poor defensive header from an Agathe cross fell nicely for Chris Sutton. But the striker's shot was weak and easy for Friedel..... " we have really nothing to worry about.

Teams have come back from this position before (Australia vs Uruguay comes to mind). I knew after that game (when Australia lead 1-0 at home), that one goal wouldn't be enough and I think that Celtic's lead wont be enough. :rover:

And Zippy, before you say anything about media bias , your local papers aren't painting a rosy picture about this win either.

I hate Steel, I can't remmber getting in last night!

Anyway typical Rovers performance excpet for last night we weren't putting the shots high and wide someone was getting as arse or a leg in the way. Why was it that after 5 minutes the only fans you could hear were Rovers fans. Great atmosphere!

Not wishing to name names but Tiny  :sarc: Oh dear

When was the last time we went to an away game in the Premiership and bossed it that much????

I hate stella

If Rovers play really, really, really well in the second leg also, and again outclass a Nationwide team playing in a pub league, and once more lose 1-0, who goes through?

Everyone tells me it's Celtic but surely if you make lots of pretty patterns with the ball you must be awarded the tie?

You've seen nothing yet.

10000 or so fans who come to Blackburn will sing from first to last minute.

Sing from first minute to last minute? Like last night?

I'm sure i remember hearing the Rovers boys sing

Can you hear the Celtic sing, noo nooo

Roll on Sunday when we pick up 3 points against the scum of the midlands.

BobbyZee

Alright guys?  Celtic fan and ive been posting all week on this site, so thought it only right that I came on and gave you an honest opinion after being at the game last night.

Daylight robbery.

You played us off the park bar a 20 minute spell in the 2nd half and had we been 3-0 down at half time we couldnt have complained.  Our midfield was a mile off the pace and our defence a bit dodgy.  Wouldnt blame Sutton & Larsson as they had no service whatsoever.  We couldve had Rivaldo and Ronaldo up there and it wouldnt have made a jot of difference.  Dire.

All I would say is that Celtic will never play that poorly in the 2nd leg and despite all the fancy football in the middle of the park you never really had an end product.  Douglas wasnt really tested for the whole 90 minutes and if I was a Rovers fans Id be very concerned about that fact.

The atmosphere last night was poor to say the least.  Hats off to the way Rovers played for that.  Had Petrov scored early on it wouldve been a different story.  Must admit from a personal point of view I was sitting waiting for you to thump us, but that never materialised and at half time I did have the feeling we might sneak it as Rovers had squandered so many chances in that first half.

Bottom line from a Celtic point of view is we cant go out on away goals now and im happy with that 1-0.  Ewood Park will be an entirely different story and the fact that every Rovers fan now thinks the 2nd leg is a formality will work in our favour.  Believe me guys Celtic will be 100% better down there.

I look forward to it.

• Like 1

Aren't yous all missing the point here???????  Yous went to and beat the champs of England last Saturday, but they could have taken 10 goals off yous but never. This is deemed a hugh success by the fans!!!! Then the Tic beat yous, end of story, and you want to call us Div 2 material???????? eh, yous passed the ball well, I was impressed by Dunn, seem the only one willing to try and have a shot at goal.

We won't be in poor at Ewood, if your really think its over, I think you may be in for a few suprises!!!!!!

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.