BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Celtic fans' behaviour tonight

Paul Mellelieu

I wish I could report that it was the Rovers' performance that had depressed me tonight.  Well it did. but I need to say what I saw tonight both inside and outside the ground.  I travel from Manchester and park at Darwen Vale.  I brought my child with me, who's Irish and a Celtic fan.  On the way to the ground we were repeatedly pushed and abused by drunk Celtic fans.  In McDonalds we were sworn at by some drunk who had to restrained by fellow Celtic fans who were sharing a bottle of Cider with their food.  Inside the ground, at hlf time I was abused and spat at by the Celtic fans and to cap off a great night, as we walked back to our car we had to run the gauntlet of hundreds of aggressive Celtic fans.  It wasmy worst experience at EP since the 70s.  I have no respect at all for Celtic, their sectarian heritage and hooligan fans.  

I think the following points need making;

1.  The police should have banned drinking on the streets

2.  Celtic fans should not have been allowed to travel, excpet on official coaches

3.  There should ahve been a corridor of empty seats at the corner of the Darwen End

• Replies 146
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I wish I could report that it was the Rovers' performance that had depressed me tonight.  Well it did. but I need to say what I saw tonight both inside and outside the ground.  I travel from Manchester and park at Darwen Vale.  I brought my child with me, who's Irish and a Celtic fan.  On the way to the ground we were repeatedly pushed and abused by drunk Celtic fans.  In McDonalds we were sworn at by some drunk who had to restrained by fellow Celtic fans who were sharing a bottle of Cider with their food.  Inside the ground, at hlf time I was abused and spat at by the Celtic fans and to cap off a great night, as we walked back to our car we had to run the gauntlet of hundreds of aggressive Celtic fans.  It wasmy worst experience at EP since the 70s.  I have no respect at all for Celtic, their sectarian heritage and hooligan fans.  

I think the following points need making;

1.  The police should have banned drinking on the streets

2.  Celtic fans should not have been allowed to travel, excpet on official coaches

3.  There should ahve been a corridor of empty seats at the corner of the Darwen End

There was bound to be a lot of trouble with the huge amount of Celtic fans coming down............sorry for you and your kid though.  :(

Guest grahamhowarth
It's a sad state of affairs when anyone is abused but what intrigues me is.You live in Manchester yet support B'burn, you bring your son who supports Celtic????Confused or what.

I live in East Kent and support Rovers. Bizarre.

Mr Colin - long time, no banter!

Mr Bryan,

Hello to you too.

I was going to let you know I've just got the "Butterfly And The Diving Bell" out of the library. You recomended it in a far distant "What's your favourite book" thread from a while ago.

I've just got to finish John Diamond's book on his cancer. Makes me seem a bit of an ambulance-chaser.

Anyway, I'm diverting this thread like Flopsy on diversion mode so, back to the subject.

I cant comment on that Waggy, but I do know that Celtic fans did verbally and physically  assault a girl on Bolton Road who worked on the retail park , surley this behaivour is unforgivable and we should have some kind of apology from Celtic over the behaivour of some of there so called fans

I've heard but cannot confirm there was serious trouble at the Darwen End turnstiles before the game as ticketless fans tried to get in. I don't suppose any of us were round there but wondered if others heard the same?

Leaving the ground I shook hands with every Celtic fan I saw. Remember how we were treated in Glasgow, we've been beaten fair and square, the Celtic fans I spoke to were just as we found them in Glasgow - great bunch.

There's been a great spirit building up between the clubs since the draw was made. We shouldn't make a few idiots the focus of our disappointment in losing and spoil that spirit.

When I can think rationally about this match I might comment further but for the momment we just have to accept Celtic out-witted us last night.

I have to say that I didnt have any trouble last night. I walked past all the celtic fans and they were singing rude songs about us but they werent violent or anything. I was sent flying when a drunk Celtic fan fell over but that was just funny because he couldn't stand up at all.

What did concern me last night was the reaction of a few in the Blackburn end when Celtic scored. I know that by jumping up and cheering you take your life into your own hands but beating the crap out of him was probably a little harsh! Pushing him down the stairs, well i wasnt impressed.

Anyway, we are out and thats that really! Just wish Rovers had looked more up for it. Some of us risked a lot to go and watch them last night!

Wasn't impressed that there were a few up in the family stand. Some got thrown out but the three celtic fans and one rangers fan behind us stayed there the whole match and didn't cause any trouble at all.

But what I am less than impressed about is the "Rovers fans" who gave them the tickets.

Well folks. A good day was had in blackburn yesterday. i am just home a couple of hours after travelling by car from county armagh in ireland and i enjoyed my trip greatly. most blackburn fans i met were spot on. top lads.

the reason there was some bother outside the turnstiles was that genuine fans with genuine tickets were turned away because people had got in with fake tickets. poor by blackburn imo :O

anyway i enjoyed my day out and found the people of blackburn very hospitable but i have two gripes.

a lot of pubs said "home fans only". when yous came up to glasgow we welcomed you with open arms into every celtic pub in the city. why did you not show us the same common courtesy :oops:

and your big mouth players really angered me in the week build up to the game. as henrik larsson said on the bbc. "we played @#/? at celtic park but tonight we've taught them a lesson. don't talk until the match is over!"

good luck in the premiership.....

:razz:

Took my Gran to the game last night. Couldnt believe what I was seeing as we walked from Darwen to Ewood. Complete chaos outside the Ferhurst not under any control at all.

Every second Celtic fan as good as attacked us for are tickets, think the most I got offered was £150. Maybe I should have sold them!  :)

Didnt see any trouble as we got picked from the Blackburn end side, so we could avoide going back through them lot.

Guest Kamy100
On matchdays I work as a turnstile steward, last night I had the misfortune of working on the Darwen End Turnstiles.  There was loads of trouble at the Darwen End Turnstiles.  What happened is that loads of Celtic fans with fake tickets got into the ground and then when the authorities realised what had happened they had to close the turnstiles which left 800 celtic fans with genuine tickets not being able to get into the ground, all hell broke loose.  Stewards were beaten up, one was left with a broken arm.  Some of my colleagues were in tears from the abuse that we suffered, there were people banging on the window and when we shut the turnstiles I thought that they were going to rip of the doors.  All in all a very scarey experience, I know that some quit working last night, a real shame because before the game I met loads of celtic fans and they were really friendly but as kick off time approached they got more and more aggressive.  I for one hope that they never get into the premiership.

On matchdays I work as a turnstile steward, last night I had the misfortune of working on the Darwen End Turnstiles.  There was loads of trouble at the Darwen End Turnstiles.  What happened is that loads of Celtic fans with fake tickets got into the ground and then when the authorities realised what had happened they had to close the turnstiles which left 800 celtic fans with genuine tickets not being able to get into the ground, all hell broke loose.  Stewards were beaten up, one was left with a broken arm.  Some of my colleagues were in tears from the abuse that we suffered, there were people banging on the window and when we shut the turnstiles I thought that they were going to rip of the doors.  All in all a very scarey experience, I know that some quit working last night, a real shame because before the game I met loads of celtic fans and they were really friendly but as kick off time approached they got more and more aggressive.  I for one hope that they never get into the premiership.

Well as much as I feel sorry for you, and your fellow stewards. What we must ask is why the hell did fans with fake tickets get in?

Good to see as pormised security was spot on!

As an Irishman and a product of a Celtic family/back-ground, I have little problem with the Celtic fans. From where I was sitting in the Jack Walker stand, the Darwen End became the most impressive thing inside the stadium (considering the dross being played out on the pitch.) The atmosphere and sound coming from there was awesome. But I do appreciate that to the non-Celtic fan/English football supporter their antics and behaviour are in many cases totally unacceptable. The chanting of Republican maxims and the singing of rebels songs by Scotsmen who clearly have little idea about the subject matter (something which is hostile to a state of which they are citizens ???) repels me and my family (my father and brother were at the game last night also.) To hear a bloke with a Glaswegian accent walking down the street singing (phonetically as I'm not an Irish speaker) "Chuckie ar lah" is frankly embarrasing. To Mr and Mrs Lancashire the chanting of such things is not only totally alien but also highly offensive.

When I came out of the game I could not believe that the cops had allowed the Darwen End to empty, considering the violent undertones during the game (After Larsson's goal/at half time.)

Very stupid.

The guy was the Rangers shirt actually made my night. It was absolutely hilarious :laugh: The days of planning were obvious and the moment carefully chosen. I'd say the Celtic fans found it amusing also, as they were winning comfortably. :laugh: He may have made a fool of himself by wearing that cap but it was certainly a mood-lightener.

Guest Kamy100
Believe me Damo, these forgeries were extremely good.  Normally you can spot them a mile of but these were almost perfect.  Still we have to take some of the blame for this, maybe we should have got a few more.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.