SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

More Trouble At Leeds

stegraham

• Replies 473
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The wages aren't the problem at the moment American, they need £5 million in a weeks time.  Milner is one of very few who they could sell for a reasonable amount at the moment.

The £5m and the "financial stipulations" referred to in any future arrangements probably means the players agreeing to take the necessary wage cut which frees up £5m to keep them going until the end of the season and allows a slightly better price to be realised if any sales do occur.

Anyone with any sense though would be in with a cheeky bid for Smith and Milner before the week is out.

This saga is becoming very similar to the sinking of the Bismarck in WW2.  The huge battleship, pride of the German navy was rendered rudderless by a British Torpedo and spent its last 48 hours steaming helplessly round and round in circles whilst the British Fleet intent on avenging the Hood whilst also scoring a massive propoganda victory simply surrounded it and used it for target practice.  Like the circling vultures of the Prem they did'nt kill it off quickly but blasted another bit off it every time it steamed past obviously with the sole aim of prolonging its death as long as possible.

Not much fun for the poor sods on board I suppose.  Still alls fair in love and war as they say.

Latest news from Leeds is that they've lost the remote control for a JVC Home Cinema surround TV Dolby pro-logic system (installed in the canteen), some Krugeraands and a small kitten.

If anyone has a spare remote could they please send it on.

Nothing as tinpot as that, it would be a 42" Plasma Screen at the very least surely  :O

Latest news from Leeds is that they've lost the remote control for a JVC Home Cinema surround TV Dolby pro-logic system (installed in the canteen), some Krugeraands and a small kitten.

If anyone has a spare remote could they please send it on.

I think I saw Risdale with a remote control. Is the TV permanently tuned to the Shopping Channel now?

.....and the latest from Leeds........players arent prepared to accept a 30% deferred wages cut to save the club the required £5million.

Yes, yes, but have they found the kitten!?

I'm getting quite concerned - it could be locked in the trophy room or something!

Any link to the wage deferral news Alan? The PFA were holding talks with the players last I saw...

It seems it's going to be crunch time at this deadline. Either they sell £5m worth of their players, and have an even worse team, or keep them, and gamble on satying up. Right now, I can't see the latter happening, so it seems they'll get rid of a couple of players to make up the £5m, and go down.

After that, God knows what will happen.

Now would be the time for someone to steam in with a combined bid of £3.5m or £4m for Smith and Milner. The PLC would be in a right stew as to whether or not to sell because the players would feel even more justified in not agreeing to the pay cut with any sort of deal on the table

They've found the kitten. Alan Smith had it. They've also found the third Krugeraand twin. Which is nice.

As Rev has said - hopefully someone will buy half of Leeds team in the next week or so - thus more or less condemning them to relegation. Harsh but ultimately necessary in our current predicament.

if getting relegated will cost us 20 mill, could we not buy teh Leeds team for 15 mill, ensure they get relegated and make ourselves 5 mill?

:laugh:

:laugh:  :laugh:  :laugh:  :laugh:

I wish you'd stop this Bryan.......giggling in the corner isn't a good in-company image for me.

I'm getting quite concerned - it could be locked in the trophy room or something!

Oh no, just had a terrible thought.

What with the budget cutbacks, the chef's cooking might have suffered.

Leave the kitten alone Mr Chef!

:unhappy:

The chef was sold to cut the wage bill and replaced with a toaster (interest free purchase from comet - with extended 5-year warranty at £700). Players are expected to bring their own bread of course.

Alan Smith was no doubt holding the kitten and third Krugeraand twin to ransom to ensure he gets the deferred 30% of his wage back. Sneaky that!

If anyone is to be sold from Leeds, I'd expect it will be Paul Robinson and we don't really need him because all our wheeling and dealing in the transfer market this month has already yielded the following players:-

1. Peter Enckelman - Goalkeeper

:oops:

if getting relegated will cost us 20 mill, could we not buy teh Leeds team for 15 mill, ensure they get relegated and make ourselves 5 mill?

:laugh:  :laugh:  :laugh:  :laugh:

I wish you'd stop this Bryan.......giggling in the corner isn't a good in-company image for me.

(Revidge sits grumpily in the corner)

Paul how come you've got SEVEN smilies in your post when us mere mortals are only allowed 3 per post??  ???

:D  :laugh:

The chef was sold to cut the wage bill and replaced with a toaster (interest free purchase from comet - with extended 5-year warranty at £700

Does the warranty cover accidental insertion into Professor Reg Holdsworth's bumhole?

"Could I have my toast back please Professor? It was that naughty Alan Smiff that did it! Squeeze your bum cheeks together and see if you can get a round out."

Now that is whats called creative accounting.

:D  :D  :D  :D    

mm mods are allowed 4. whoopie doo

The chef was sold to cut the wage bill and replaced with a toaster (interest free purchase from comet - with extended 5-year warranty at £700

Does the warranty cover accidental insertion into Professor Reg Holdsworth's bumhole?

"Could I have my toast back please Professor? It was that naughty Alan Smiff that did it! Squeeze your bum cheeks together and see if you can get a round out."

Not unless I get there first and shove those double glazed windows he keeps shouting about on TV first. Leeds' next manager will be that balding goon with the long hair who does the ads with him, and not Strachan.

I bet no-one knows what I'm on about.

:p *Boing*............ "Ah, chocolate spread too!"

Do you ever wish a thought hadn't lodged itself in your brain?!  :oops:

Have we wandered off thread?

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.