SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

More Trouble At Leeds

stegraham

• Replies 473
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Dont you pay any attention Sox, Fleming and clive.. a couple of freeforalls just what this site needs! Worked wonders for my relationship!!  :tu:  :tu:  :tu:

I never do pay any attention to him - that's why he won £120 when Ripley scored his first goal for three years and I chose that week to stop betting on him.

Anyway, he's ruined this thread now. Taken all the fun out of it. And it's not even about Leeds any more. I'm off to spice up the "Matt Jansen, Is this the End?" thread.

Dont you pay any attention Sox, Fleming and clive.. a couple of freeforalls just what this site needs!

No, it is NOT what this site needs..

What it needs is the official board opening up again.

Expect some sort of a crackdown in the near future.. probably just after we start winning again.

I'll agree, if only because you're a moderator  :D. Just let me do my thing on the 'Burnley on the edge of a cliff' thread, if that's OK. Right now, I'm in the kind of mood where I'd probably decide to post some typed free-form jazz vocals on the AGM thread :).

Sorry SteB :unhappy:

Its the only thing that keeps us smiling at the mo though! If it wasnt for random wittisisms people reading the site would become throughly depressed! And then youd have more deaths on your hand than Shipman!!! And you wouldnt want that would you?! Exactly.

Promise Ill stop when we get a run together though or something worthwhile to talk about! :tu:

Dont you pay any attention Sox, Fleming and clive.. a couple of freeforalls just what this site needs! Worked wonders for my relationship!!  :tu:  :tu:  :tu:

I never do pay any attention to him - that's why he won £120 when Ripley scored his first goal for three years and I chose that week to stop betting on him.

Now that's funny!

You as well !!

Gave up doing the lottery after that happened, it just left an empty feeling in the pit of the stomach, bloody Ripley !!!

You as well !!

Gave up doing the lottery after that happened, it just left an empty feeling in the pit of the stomach, bloody Ripley !!!

I know that empty feeling well. It's not helped when you get reminded of it at least every other week either. I've kept fairly calm about it and laughed it off so far but i still feel it bubbling away inside (unless that's the parsnip soup I had for lunch) and one day it's going to blow.

You don't want to be around when that happens, Scotty, I'm warning you.    :O

I know that empty feeling well. It's not helped when you get reminded of it at least every other week either. I've kept fairly calm about it and laughed it off so far but i still feel it bubbling away inside (unless that's the parsnip soup I had for lunch) and one day it's going to blow.

most certainly not ... messy things, parsnips

most certainly not ... messy things, parsnips

Bloody hell, you just try and get a thread on track, and the usual suspects go and drive it off subject...  Might just have to rename it to "Does Parsnip soup make you fart" :):):)

:laugh:

Be fair SteB. It was driven off-thread on page 33 by a fellow administrator. I don't want to name names but it was Glenn. It drifted off down an imaginary subway that smelled like Turf Moor and looked like the Life of Brian. Then Scotty - looking to get one hand on the "Messageboard Grouch Grooby" - intervened and it, quite logically, progressed from there to a parsnip soup thread - which does make you fart by the way.

I can't see what's wrong with that on a football-dedicated messageboard!

:oops:

To get it back on track we really some news from Leeds Utd. from the BBC earlier.

To get it back on track we really some news from Leeds Utd. from the BBC earlier.

Boo

oh well if you want to play sensibly

Birch's formula to revive ailing Leeds

:laugh:

I'm curious now, as to whether Parsnip soup does make you fart now.

But to get on the topic of Leeds, the failure to sell Robinson has really stuffed Leeds if they go down. Take away the £20m or so in Sky money, and then you could probably add £20m of debt to the figure. Personally, I can't see how Leeds can avoid administartion since wages have been deffered and not cut, and they're running out of players other teams want.

If they did go into administration what would happen to the debts ?. Would they be cut/removed, or would they still have to divvy up the £100m+ to their creditors ?.

Birch has done a brilliant job in avoiding administration so far AND keeping the squad together.

However, I don't know whether he has enough in the bag to stop the creditors pulling the plug this Friday.

Even worse, the current squad and management only have the slimmest of chances of avoiding relegation. Almost certainly, the heroic efforts to avoid administration now will make the collapse when it does come even more traumatic:

- the players will have had another half a season to show to potential bidders they are not good enough,

- more chance for one or more players to pick up an injury which makes them non-sellable during the summer,

- at the beginning of December, I thought it inconceivable that Leeds would disappear altogether, now I am not so sure...

- going into administration in the summer means that there won;t be 20,000 season ticket holders sitting there as unsecured creditors. The prospect of having the fans as creditors was perversely one of Leeds best hopes of survival. If the fans are not part of the equation because they have had their money's worth of 19 home matches, the moneymen behind the scenes will have more freedom to swing the axe.

leeds cannot rely on fans stumping up the cash for next season tickets in March ! What fan is going to pay 400-800 quid only to see it devoured in the debt owed to creditors as that is a real possiblity.

Also the depreciation value of the players will have all gone down another 20% (if we use the figures Rovers quoted) therefore any potential sales/transfers will all be lowered.

The club is on its arse big style.

The big named players "smith" "viduka" and "matteo" are the only ones that will command decent transfer fees.

the youngsters "milner" "kilgannon" will only being in moderate fees as they are only tied to "first contracts" that are renewable at 18 yrs of age.

If leeds do stave off administration on friday then it will be nothing short of a miracle. Personally I used to like the way leeds played their football, if they go down then I think they will struggle to get back. :O

I don't know if this is simply stirring trouble or a sign that the Leeds management team are totally exhausted from looking down the barrel of a gun for the past two months or so.

Yet more signs that the wheels are falling off the cash-starved Elland Road "outfit".

Administration is a form of protection from creditors- looks like they need it!

I hadn't seen this reported before.

According to the Independent, the Premiership voted to make the nine points deduction retroactive so if Leeds avoid relegation then go into administration in the summer, they will lose the nine points and probably be relegated.

The way the clubs voted is interesting. Votes against the motion were

Leeds (quel surprise!)

Leicester (guilty conscience)

Man City (we're next)

Spuds (we're not that far off)

Arsenal (to boldly go to Ashburton Grove...)

Self-interest dictating?

It's been hard to read the attitude of the creditors on this, but the following point seem to lead to the conclusion that they are in agreement with the go for broke attitude of the Leeds board, banking on avoiding relegation in hope that the ship can be righted without administration in the summer.

They've given Leeds quite a few extensions on their repayments, when they could have forced administration then and there. That seems to me that they've decided it is in their best interest to choose the lesser of two evils, that being that administration now would almost certainly be just as bad for them as for Leeds, and that they are willing to gamble on Leeds staying up as well.

In which case, this ruling seems to change nothing. Birch must be doing enough to satisfy them that he is doing enough to a) give them a fighting chance at avoiding relegation B) in the event that Leeds do avoid administration, and that they can't force administration (defeating the purpose of a)), that his team can continue to satisfy them in sorting out the mess in the post-season.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.