BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

More Trouble At Leeds

stegraham

Well everything I predicted in the previous posting has happened. Leeds DID go into administration and will be liquidated but nobody in officialdom minds because the Krassner consortium picked up the pieces. The exception will be the directors of the old Leeds during the past three years who WILL be investigated.

Leeds financil position is still extremely tricky but it seems that Krassner and his backers have pulled off a major coup and paid absolutely bottom dollar. Getting the major creditors to walk away at 20 pence in the pound is an amazing achievement especially as there are no lingering claims over future revenue streams.

Trevor Birch's achievement in not selling in the January window and keeping the players who theoreticall are good enough to avoid relegation whilst keeping the club going to the point at which the Krassner deat could be done is equally immense.

Yes the Krassner consortium are going to have to purge Leeds of the extravagently high earners but this is surgery every Premiership club outside the top three are going to have to do. Expect to start hearing high levels of distress to start coming from Man City pretty soon. If they get relegated, they have very few assets to fall back on- if liquidation was a likely outcome for Leeds following administration, it is doubly likely at Man City.

The Berlusconi financial rescue package for Italian football has collapsed so I expect that Prem players in general are going to find their wages bubble has burst this summer.

The only upwards pressure will be in the G14/ perenial Champs League clubs and they will be paying more than they can afford in another bubble which will surely burst one day.

• 3 months later...
  • Replies 473
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

A lot of our supporters should remember the plight of Leeds, when the complain that John Williams and the board dont spend big money on transfers.

Something that we tend to forget, that not only did Jack Walker rebuild the club, he as a successful businessman appointed the right people people. Whilst the publicity was regarding the appointment of Kenny, no recognition was given to the fact that Jack appointed the clubs first chief executive John Williams, from Granada.

Can it get any worse for them? Actually every time I think that - it does (maybe it's my fault).

How would we feel if we'd just let our Club Captain walk away on a free transfer? A player who was one of a select few to come out of last season with any credit and held in high esteem by their fans.

sad.gif

Bob there is more

Krasner has lost the vital income support of his playmate who has now reneged on a deal which could have brought around 3 million into the club coffers over 2 years.

As a result an emergency meeting is currently taking place to decide exactly who else has to leave the club, from tea lady to players.

As a consequence the youth and reserve set ups are under threat as they simply cannot afford to run them.

Its all gone horribly wrong sad.gif

How does a player go from the England first team to ignomy before he is 31? Did he have an injury or something? He has been awful for so long that I have forgotten when he actually became rubbish.

He stupidly signed for a club managed by Gerard Houllier - and we know what that does for your form - Baros, Heskey, Camara, Smicer, Diao, Diouf, Meijer, Dudek... and so on, will all vouch for that.

As a result an emergency meeting is currently taking place to decide exactly who else has to leave the club, from tea lady to players.

As a consequence the youth and reserve set ups are under threat as they simply cannot afford to run them.

I'll admit that this will sound a bit cutthroat... but if Leeds really are teetering over the edge, even with their youth setup, then it certainly wouldn't be a bad idea for Rovers to get in there with bids for a few Leeds youngsters, e.g. Kilgallon.

I agree Philly. A cheeky bid for Scott Carson (Goalkeeper) would be a good move, perhaps we could also sign one of their tea ladies as well, just as cover, in case one of our TL's comes down with flu in November. I heard that their Tea Ladies were on as much as £25,000 a week - just shows what a crazy world they lived in up there for a bit. I blame O'Leary, Ridsdale - and of course Saunders.

I think as a result of the latest crisis meeting Bahb they've put the tea ladies on the game. Times are hard at Elland Road (quite liderally).

Maybe a cheeky bid of Bukta tracksuits for Killgallon and a bag of skag for a couple of tea ladies?

Edited by Bryan

I think as a result of the latest crisis meeting Bahb they've put the tea ladies on the game. Times are hard at Elland Road (quite liderally).

Are you telling me that Dean Saunders is responsible for putting the Leeds United tea-ladies on the game? If this is true surely Saunders' position at Rovers has become untenable. The man's a monster.

I agree Philly. A cheeky bid for Scott Carson (Goalkeeper) would be a good move, perhaps we could also sign one of their tea ladies as well, just as cover, in case one of our TL's comes down with flu in November. I heard that their Tea Ladies were on as much as £25,000 a week - just shows what a crazy world they lived in up there for a bit. I blame O'Leary, Ridsdale - and of course Saunders.

Good lad, I taught you well. You know Dean Saunders is the source of all evil, and must be stopped from reeking (sp ?) his 5-a-side dustruction of civilisation as we know it. He gives Al-Queda Nuclear weapons don't you know ?. And he's Leeds Utd's Pimp Master, by forcing middle aged women into prostitution. Kill Saunders before it's too late. You know it makes sense.

P.S. Good to see you are consistent on Scott Carson. I'll have a look next time on CM.

Hadn't really seen this anywhere before and just saw it on Sky Sports.

Harte to Levante

So Ian Harte's off to Spain and that makes yet another exit from the Yorkshire club--and I once again doubt that the Whites will be recouping anything of a transfer fee.

Does anyone have a list of players who have left the club in the past two seasons? It's got to be more than an entire squad of players. All that I could come up with: Nigel Martyn, Paul Robinson, Jonathan Woodgate, Dominic Matteo, Ian Harte, Olivier Dacourt, Jason Wilcox, Nicky Barmby, Stephen McPhail, Lee Bowyer, Harry Kewell, Robbie Keane, Alan Smith, Mark Viduka, Michael Bridges. That, of course, does not include any of the loans Leeds brought in and subsequently let go (a list that includes Bravo, Camara, Lucic, Sakho and Olembe). Quite amazing if you ask me.

P.S. Good to see you are consistent on Scott Carson. I'll have a look next time on CM.

Never played CM in my life Billy so I don't know what that will tell you. As I said at the time if he doesn't do anything in the game then I don't want this mentioned ever again. I wanted everyone to forget I'd even mentioned him in the first place and then look a right smart ar*se in 2010, when I dig out my original post, and he makes a substitutes appearance for Leeds United who'll then be in the Coca Cola Champions League (i.e. The Conference).

Sorry to be dense, but I'm pretty new to the messageboard and wouldn't mind knowing the origin of the "Dean Saunders is evil" comments, if anyone can fill me in?

Obviously, his perm and perma-grin are cardinal sins, but how else has he been a naughty boy?

Sorry to be dense, but I'm pretty new to the messageboard and wouldn't mind knowing the origin of the "Dean Saunders is evil" comments, if anyone can fill me in?

Obviously, his perm and perma-grin are cardinal sins, but how else has he been a naughty boy?

If I'm not mistaken it came about when everyone was blaming him for our performances last season. I'm sure someone will enlighten you further.

Cos he's Welsh! wink.gif

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.