SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

More Trouble At Leeds

stegraham

• Replies 473
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I note in AlanK's link that Leeds would incur a 9 point deduction by going into admin . If , say , in March , Leeds still look like going down , that would be a good time to pull the plug . The loss of 9 points wouldn't mean much , and the 10 point loss potentially incurred by the Nationwide presumably wouldn't take place.  (The new rule applies from June 4th , but is going into the rule book right away.)  Just a thought.....

This is the most pessimistic article about Leeds (and football in general).

My guess is that Trevor Birch has done enough to get his reprieve from the creditors for the club to the end of the season.

If the Administrators are called into Leeds today, I have to say that things are so bad that Leeds' disappearance as a football club begins to look a real possibility- and that has been something I have previously dismissed.

However, if the real debts are £135m or bigger, there is £75m of creditor pressure which only has an interest in being paid as opposed to £60m of American creditor pressure to keep the club going in a shape which would repay debts from gate money over the next 25 years.

28 staff made redundant this morning

eddie grays contract is now up and according to the fact he has no eufa badge he can no longer manage them :tu:

a large number of players are granted free transfers as from today.

wages are currently 35% in deferral

trouble ? wot trouble ??

28 staff made redundant this morning

eddie grays contract is now up and according to the fact he has no eufa badge he can no longer manage them :tu:

a large number of players are granted free transfers as from today.

wages are currently 35% in deferral

trouble ? wot trouble ??

Is Gray being kept on as a coach? Wonder who's next to manage them? (Manage might not be the most appropriate word.) How about Brian Kidd?

Mixed news for Leeds. Good thing for them that Robinson has stayed at Leeds, since the deal to Spurs has fallen through, Leeds wanted the cash up front for the deal.

SPURS FAIL WITH ROBINSON MOVE

Lua Lua has decided to go to Portsmouth, as Congo have been eliminated and lost all three matches in the African Nations.

:brfc:

That's good news, at least until they appoint Glenn Hoddle on a rolling contract for £10,000 per year !. No news as yet of any buyer, but then who the hell would want this mess ?.

I do have a sadistic fascination with how Leeds' crises develop, and how far they can go before it all implodes.

Looks like a good enterprising idea. I can only see it causing trouble though....

The closing stages of Leeds last home game of the season against Charlton needing a win to stay up. It's 0-0. A huge clearance by Robinson is flicked on by Viduka neatly into the path of Alan Smith. A perfect first touch takes him clear of the defence. Surely only Dean Kiely can stop him now. This is it, Leeds are saved!

Suddenly, from out of nowhere, Smith is tackled by Beryl Higginbottam (86) of Lowfields Road, Leeds - making her way home across the pitch with her shopping trolley filled with a loaf of bread, two pints of milk and a box of Complan.

During the ensuing melee, the final whistle blows. Leeds are relegated. Smith is later charged by police after the box of Complan he threw explodes on impact with a teenage girls head causing severe matting of her hair. David Batty needs hospital treatment for abrasions consistent with walking-stick prodding and Mrs Higginbottam wins a 4 year contract to play in central defence.

now that really made me chuckle on this rainy morning :cool:

The ASDA scenario is not too bad an idea, didnt the winkers do much the same when they sold half the away end at burnden park to Normid ? They were in serious trouble and sold out if I recall.

As for saving Leeds, well if we believe all the reports that appear in the media then they surely must go into administration on Friday following the cock up over Robinson and lack of a sale of Viduka (heard the 4 mill alleged bid was more like 2.5 mill from boro!). I just wonder how they can manage to survive.

Its a sad scenario but they only have themselves to blame. I mean Champs League semis then this, doesn't bear thinking about does it ? :unhappy:

Looks like a good enterprising idea. I can only see it causing trouble though....

The closing stages of Leeds last home game of the season against Charlton needing a win to stay up. It's 0-0. A huge clearance by Robinson is flicked on by Viduka neatly into the path of Alan Smith. A perfect first touch takes him clear of the defence. Surely only Dean Kiely can stop him now. This is it, Leeds are saved!

Suddenly, from out of nowhere, Smith is tackled by Beryl Higginbottam (86) of Lowfields Road, Leeds - making her way home across the pitch with her shopping trolley filled with a loaf of bread, two pints of milk and a box of Complan.

During the ensuing melee, the final whistle blows. Leeds are relegated. Smith is later charged by police after the box of Complan he threw explodes on impact with a teenage girls head causing severe matting of her hair. David Batty needs hospital treatment for abrasions consistent with walking-stick prodding and Mrs Higginbottam wins a 4 year contract to play in central defence.

Nice one Sox  :laugh:

However, what the new plan of Elland Road, as posted by Glenn, doesn't show, is that they'll be a subway built under the pitch. Beryl with have no need to walk on the pitch - or maybe she will?

Within two weeks of the new ground being finished the subway becomes inhabited by buskers, glue sniffers, tramps and quite frankly begins to smell like a toilet. (A bit like Turf Moor now come to think of it).

So maybe "Tiny" Higginbottam will be turning out for the "Bloodless Rose" next year - aged 87. And good luck to her too I say.

EleanorTeam.jpg

Leeds defender Beryl "Tiny" Higginbottam (pictured centre) enjoys half-time refreshments in the Asda cafe-cum-dressing room with fellow defender Myrtle "Bite yer Legs" Brickthwaite (82, pictured left) and promising youngster Minnie "Syrup" Stuckenhead (73).

We all know Leeds are in the sh_t, we have probably covered all their options and future traumas a few times, so I had an impulse to add some silliness. I would have left it alone if it wasn't for the post about the old woman signing for Leeds.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.