SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Gamst Pedersen

krislu

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

hehe, i know he uses the same as me. we're neighbours and use the same hair-dresser biggrin.gif (YES, its a small town). I've even played a match with him for tromsø B. in 2000 when he came to the club i was subbed on the last minute because of injuries and i was 15, ###### nervous!

anyhow, he uses Renati i think!

lol. what a coincidence i knew that. no - i am not a stalker. heh

Don't forget he has only trained with his new teammates 3 times so far. I'm sure he will improve when he gets to know the players, the club, and a new manager.

I agree. The fact that he has only had trained with his team mates three times has a big inpact on his game. Another point is that his been away to Italy and Norway to play two games. There again they use him in another role. Not the easiest start I will say. Give him some games and he will do better. In a year or two he might be the big star.

vO2-max! What crap! And I thought those bloody Opta ratings and FIFA rankings were about as pointless as it was possible to get. I could weep.

What matters is...

Can he pass?

Can he run?

Can he beat a man?

Can he shoot?

Can he score?

Can he be arsed to try?

When we are rating players on the basis of obscure biochemistry it's a very sad day.

vO2-max! What crap! And I thought those bloody Opta ratings and FIFA rankings were about as pointless as it was possible to get. I could weep.

What matters is...

Can he run?

Let's put it simply then, instead of in 'obscure biochemistry' language. I'm no biochemist, but I understood from cuidado's comment that MGP can do more running than anyone in the top Norwegian league. How's that? Pretty good, I say. withstupid.gif

Now, onto the shooting, passing bit...

Just because he CAN run more than anybody else doesn't mean he DOES. Sidders is right - like anybody gives a damn about his vO2-max! He'll be judged on how well he plays on the pitch, not the amount of lactic acid in his legs whilst hes doing it.

I didn't realise we had a sports physiologist on here!

Cuidado, could you help me get my 10K time down, please?! wink.gif

I went to 3 years of football-school in tromsø from i was 15-18, so thats probably why!

If a players ability to run for a long time isnt important, what is?

Just because he CAN run more than anybody else doesn't mean he DOES. Sidders is right - like anybody gives a damn about his vO2-max! He'll be judged on how well he plays on the pitch, not the amount of lactic acid in his legs whilst hes doing it.

I certainly found it interesting to know he's got what must be an extreme stamina. It is a relevant piece of information in terms of what we can expect to see from him, but it's obviously no indication of his skill level, nor was it ever meant to be.

It doesn't matter if he's got good stanmia levels if he's totally sh1te at playing football it's self, i'm not saying he is just commenting that's all

What's the point in commenting then? I'd thought i'd share a piece on information on a new player and i get slagged. What a welcome. Why do people want to know if Henry's fast? What if he is "totallt sh1te at playing football"? Stamina IS and will be an important asset. But if you want me to give you his playing abilities in an overview in one post, sorry, i cant help you.

It doesn't matter if he's got good stanmia levels if he's totally sh1te at playing football it's self, i'm not saying he is just commenting that's all

What's the point in commenting then? I'd thought i'd share a piece on information on a new player and i get slagged. What a welcome. Why do people want to know if Henry's fast? What if he is "totallt sh1te at playing football"? Stamina IS and will be an important asset. But if you want me to give you his playing abilities in an overview in one post, sorry, i cant help you.

Don't take it personally mate, some people on here seem to think that burnley fans are throughout this board, what with the responses you get. Any more info on mgp that you have i and i presume almost all Rovers fans would be happy to hear.

I don't think anybody doensn't appreciate your contribution here. The point I made was that just because he has a small amount of lactic doesn't mean he'll be a workforce for us. Just because Stead is 6 foot 4 doesn't mean he'll be a massive aerial threat from corners.

What you've said suggests that MGP should have a great deal of stamina. That doesn't mean he'll work hard and cover every blade of grass. People are just a little uneasy about him because in his first two games he's shown little-to-nothing.

I spoke to MGP today and he is a very decent and confident guy. He sincerely thinks he'll be a become a good player and I have belief in him. I know it doesnt count for much if he doens't peform on saturdays, but he's impressed many people in training so far.

Did you also tell him that he looks likes one of those tw@ts from Busted.

I think Bjarte was just scrubbing for free tickets wink.gif

I don't think anybody doensn't appreciate your contribution here. The point I made was that just because he has a small amount of lactic doesn't mean he'll be a workforce for us. Just because Stead is 6 foot 4 doesn't mean he'll be a massive aerial threat from corners.

What you've said suggests that MGP should have a great deal of stamina. That doesn't mean he'll work hard and cover every blade of grass. People are just a little uneasy about him because in his first two games he's shown little-to-nothing.

But if you just did biy stead, you would LIKE TO KNOW that he is 6''4.

I agree, Morten has been @#/?, but he has 3 (three) trainings sessions, and been constantly travelling the last 2 or 3 weeks, give him time and he will shine. Also, he is dependant on having good players around him.

I agree, Morten has been @#/?, but he has 3 (three) trainings sessions, and been constantly travelling the last 2 or 3 weeks, give him time and he will shine. Also, he is dependant on having good players around him.

We should buy one of your star players then, like Bjørn Johansen and Thomas Hafstad... laugh.giflaugh.gif

Perhaps you could trow in Arne Vidar Moen as well, we need some to hassle now that Yorke is gone.. laugh.giflaugh.gif

Soueys gone and wasted another 2 million on a dud.  hurry up depedro. All Pedersen cares about is when his latest toni and guy appointment is.

Somebody's bitter because norwegians are dead sexy!!! Isnt that true, Bjarte? biggrin.gif

Yep, Oyvind Leonhardsen and Henning Berg were real stud muffins.

And your Norwegian Beckham Andresen couldn't score at Mr.G's.