BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

New Manager is Mark Hughes

3rdpillar

Well, apparently he's been stripped of it.

Maybe they took his number away from him in a Voodoo ceremonial ritual?  ohmy.gif  ph34r.gif

Sounds like the work of the tannoy man.....

Saunders will have it in Newcastle - the final parting shot from an extremely evil man. We'll not see his like again, unless John Gregory gets the job unsure.gifhuh.gif

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

According to the Sun, Garry Flipflop is to be given a squad number by TP and will start against Newcastle. sad.gif

Hurry up JW and get someone in! laugh.gif

Well it seems like I am the last remaining Flitcroft fan left amongst Rovers supporters. Personally i can't wait to see him back on the pitch. I reckon he would do alright in the holding position that Souness pigheadedly insisted Matteo would play. Flitcroft is after all the longest serving player at the club having played a whopping 241 games (plus 16 from the bench) and he deserves a chance to show he can still play.

Mark Hughes may well turn out to be one of the best British managers of his generation. When he takes on his first big club job then we will find out if this is indeed the case or not. If this is for BRFC next week then we all must pray that he is in the mould of His Whingerness t' Red Faced de Glasgow and not the incompetent Clown-Prince I Kidd U Knot.

For that reason I would appoint the jockular Gordon Strachan. Unfortunately, despite the laudable ambitions of many here, we are a relatively cash-strapped premiership club with the priority of trying to remain so.

Strachan was blooded as a manager in four seasons of lower half of the premiership battles for Coventry. He then took Southampton from a terrible start to their 2001-2002 season and turned them into a stable top ten side. If he could repeat that feat here then he would've proved himself to be the right choice for us. He is without a club, will not feel like running away to warmer climes when the Lancashire winter winds whip up his kilt ( unlike certain foreign types from Landan and beyond ) and I have fancied his daughter for years ( especially when she was on that show with Pete Waterman ). His no nonsense media style will also suit the morose East Lancs psyche. Glenda Twaddle ? Yor affin 'ar larff !!

If there was ever a marriage made in heaven for club and manager it could well be this.

According to the Sun, Garry Flipflop is to be given a squad number by TP and will start against Newcastle. sad.gif

Hurry up JW and get someone in!  laugh.gif

Well it seems like I am the last remaining Flitcroft fan left amongst Rovers supporters. Personally i can't wait to see him back on the pitch. I reckon he would do alright in the holding position that Souness pigheadedly insisted Matteo would play. Flitcroft is after all the longest serving player at the club having played a whopping 241 games (plus 16 from the bench) and he deserves a chance to show he can still play.

...........Not quite the last. He's far better than Matteo, Gresko.

Mark Hughes for me is a huge risk to be the next manager. He has been in charge of Wales for 2 1/2 years mostly part time for approx 30 games with players who he hasn't bought. I feel currently he is on a crest of a wave (maybe even starting to descend it).

What, other than giving a feel good factor, has he even achieved as a manager to receive 60% of a phone vote?

We as a club NEED a manager who is proven to take a set of under achieving players who are currently in the relegation dogmire and form them into a TEAM and also to run the club as well. Hughes has done the first part with Wales for half of his reign but could he handle the day to day running?

The wrong choice now could spell disaster at the end of the season.

For what it's worth, Strachan or Moyes would be excellent choices.

Why is there no debate on manager vs playing style, is the NAME more impotant than style?

Could former manager of Wimbledon, Egil Olsen, be a candidate them, I don`t think the board have to pay him very much...

Good players want to join a club that play attacking, entertaining football - so I mean that playing style is important if we want to attract good signings...

Comments??

FACT: Every manager is low-profile when they start football management - apart from those who were famous players.

I agree Rover6 (wow i never though i'd hear myself say that) but there is a difference to starting in the Premiership and starting with a Div 2 side. We are not in a position that will allow a novice manager to come in and spend a couple of months finding his feet. We need a manager to come in and help us start winning games *immediately* and it is far more likely that an experienced manager with good credentials and good premiership experience can help us achieve this. It's early days but we are already knee-deep in the relegation zone.

I don't see why a reasonably experienced lower league manager can't make the step up. It's still football with 11 players aside and so on down there.

Granted - they have fewer prima donnas to handle, less money, more physical football.

But if they're a good manager they will be able to transfer their skills to handle a bunch of Premiership footballers.

My deceased great grandfather has just told me there's a crop circle appeared in Manxman Fields that spells out the name George Graham. It's been confirmed on football-rumours.com. Someone have a quick look in the express and see if it's gospel.

Seriously I want Hughes or Jewell. However the man who is appointed may not be who we ideally want just like when Souness was first brought in. A lot of people were unhappy then but most were won around in the space of 18 months. If we get Strachan, Newell, Advocat or even someone like Hoddle we've no choice but to support the man. I really hope those saying "if we get Mr XXXXX I'm not going down again" are just making throwaway comments.

who ever we get there need to be a good coach, the two that come to mind are dowie and hoddle, I would like dowie, but it could be hoddle,

both are good coaches and will get the best out of the players.

I know tjat some fans do not like hoddle, due to his past comments, however people can change and its the football side we are after.

I know tjat some fans do not like hoddle, due to his past comments, however people can change and its the football side we are after.

His football opinions stink just as much as his personal ones.

You aint agreeing with too many people comments today are you.

You aint agreeing with too many people comments today are you.

Well, I'm not agreeing with you, because you talk utter nonsense.

I'm not agreeing with the other chap about Hoddle being a decent choice, because in my opinion Hoddle is an incompetant [edited]. And thats the edited version.

T4E - Watch the language mate, children do read the board [Ricky]

we should go for hughes even if it means he stays part-time with wales.if he does come to us no doubt thoughts of eventually managing utd will already be in his mind but what the hell, if he does end up there via ewood at least we will have had some relatively successful season's[or they wouldn't want him]

So, I'm sitting around the living room last night with a book. The wife walks by and I try to grope her. She turned and yelled at me: READ.

Therefore, I believe Peter Reid is already the choice.

(My 3: Dowie, Strachan and Hoddle - why is he considered a dreamer yet BFS is considered a risk taker?)