BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

New Manager is Mark Hughes

3rdpillar

But what are the options?  Hughes is by no means proven in the managerial world, he's only failed so far with Wales.

I wouldn't say he's failed at wales at all. He has done the best he can with a crop of prem and div 1 players! Can't be expected to win tournaments, and he did get them to the playoffs for euro 04! The wales fans love him for doing such a good job and are not calling for his head at teh 2 draws so he can't be doing that badly eh?

He isn't proven as a manager by any means but he is up & coming, gives the club alot of power in the transfer market. He would be a big plus all round.

Tooting: brian kidd wasn't an international manager neither did he have a good a career as hughes! I don't think hughes career needs any help he would be fine with or without us! Kidd was simply an assistant manager and why would you employ an assistant manager unsure.gif

Edited by modes98

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

TBH I reckon Houllier will be announced on Monday.

Risk assesment by the board. Houllier is low risk and has experience and has won trophies. Playing style and signings are poor, but if it's security they are after 20-1 is worth a flutter imo.

of course Hughes would be awesome, or even Strachen, but Strachen may be too similar to Souness and might not even have applied. To safeguard the future of the club the board will probably pick Houllier.

Low risk = Houllier.

Ian Dowie the most ugliest man in football, even ahead of hunchback beardsley !

I cannot believe that he is going to be the manager if we believe the cp fan. I would take any of the following before him:

Strachan,Houller,Hughes even Megson or big fat sam. I would even take Jewell as well.

Dowie is NOT the man to take Rovers forward he is too inexperienced.

Moving to Rovers could spell the death knell on his management career as well as consigning us to the Championship

But what are the options?  Hughes is by no means proven in the managerial world, he's only failed so far with Wales.

I wouldn't say he's failed at wales at all. He has done the best he can with a crop of prem and div 1 players! Can't be expected to win tournaments, and he did get them to the playoffs for euro 04! The wales fans love him for doing such a good job and are not calling for his head at teh 2 draws so he can't be doing that badly eh?

He isn't proven as a manager by any means but he is up & coming, gives the club alot of power in the transfer market. He would be a big plus all round.

NORTHERN Ireland. 2 Goals. 'Nuff said.

I won't be too upset by anyone chosen. I have faith in Williams and will wait until things go sour to criticize. The only reason I'd be against Houllier is that he plays a boring style and his transfer record isn't the greatest. My choice would be Dowie, though.

just thought you lot might want an update .

Blackburn are going to officially approach Palace for permission to speak to Dowie .

This has come from a very reliable source who is rarely if ever wrong . My only hope is that it seems Hughes is more favoured at the moment .

Just to add this is not a wind-up or a ploy to make a quick buck on Betfair the only reason i posted it was because this source is always right (sadly)

Personally i'm gutted and so will every Palace fan be if he leaves .

hi there... appreciate your good intentions. but if there is one occasion that your source is wrong, please god, let it be this time. i'll be gutted too if its true. dowie is up and coming, has shown lots of promise. but definitely not what we need now... ohmy.gif

I hope so an all mate ...if anyone else had posted something like that i would have ignored until proof was shown , sadly though this person has been right about everything else he's posted .

But . It seems like like Hughes is still your preferred choice . so fingers x-ed . The fact that all the bookies have slashed their odds on Dowie and that he is now second favorite everywhere seems to back all this up though.

Ian Dowies coming down on betfair to 5.5 now

I've also heard same rumour from a decent source at the club.

I cannot believe that he is going to be the manager if we believe the cp fan.

I never said he was going to be your manager , only that your club had asked CPFC for permission to speak to him .

As for him being ugly - you shouldn't mock the afflicted .....When he was a young lad someone set fire to his face and then used a shovel to put the flames out cool.gif

NORTHERN Ireland. 2 Goals. 'Nuff said.

I wrote a long message and i posted and it couldn't connect to server so i lost it! mad.gif

So if you let in goals to a lesser team you are not good? Right we can't employ anybody then and tony parkes can't be in charge!

Taking into account the match in hand, local derby, 3 people where sent off(should have been 4), meaning a very open game, ie. goals. Jones had a nightmare which is by no mean sthe managers fault when he only gets a few days to work with the whole team! "weeing with the willy you have got", a mix of prem and div 1 players who aren't tip top to be honest! In getting them almost to euro 04 hughes exceeded wales fans expectations and has single handedly transformed welsh football!

laugh.gif

he aint afflicted he is just plain ugly believe me !

I am glad he is doing a job at Palace cause Simon Jordan has had his problems. Apart from when you lot scabbed promotion at our expense I have a lot of time for Palace.

Pleae please please dont send him to Ewood thumbs-up.gif

I cannot believe that he is going to be the manager if we believe the cp fan. I would take any of the following before him:

Strachan,Houller,Hughes even Megson or big fat sam. I would even take Jewell as well.

Dowie is NOT the man to take Rovers forward he is too inexperienced.

Moving to Rovers could spell the death knell on his management career as well as consigning us to the Championship

He's got more experience than Hughes, who I would also like, so i'm not sure how you can call him for that. He would be a risk but i'd say he's exactly what we need. He's worked wonders at Palace, appears keen to try any new method and is very well liked by his players. Can't say I particularly care how ugly he is to be honest.

I'd go for Dowie over Houlier, Hoddle and Co without doubt.

Dowie vs Hughes - for some reason something tells me Hughes would be the better appointment, dont know what just a gut feeling. Neither are experienced at this level of management, maybe its that Hughes may attract a better calibre of player. Can't really justify to myself why i'd prefer Hughes...........

Lets just make the decision based upon Potters weird gut feelings !! laugh.gif

I am glad he is doing a job at Palace cause Simon Jordan has had his problems. Apart from when you lot scabbed promotion at our expense I have a lot of time for Palace.

I'm glad your not still bitter over what happened 15 years ago laugh.gif

I've been up to Ewood park a few times now and always found your lot quite friendly when i've had a drink before the game ...Its still a bloody grim northern place though smile.gif

About Jordan ...I like the bloke personally but he does bring a lot of trouble upon himself , and his relationship with Dowie is not as good as it once was either .

Personally I wouldn't be too unhappy with Dowie. He's more experienced than Hughes is! But for me, his main thing going for him is what he's done at Palace. He took over Palace along way into the season when they were in the bottom half and got them into the Premiership, with practically NO resources.

If that's not weeing with the willy he has then what is? We can no longer go out and buy the best players, Dowie will be largely stuck with the players he has till January where he might lose some and get a meagre transfer budget.

Oldham were nearly down to their youth players and he got them to the playoffs.

His credentials would certainly indicate he can do a job on a limited budget, which has got to be one of the main criteria. If the board, after interview feel he's the right man then I'd be happy to back him. You certainly can't blame them for inviting him to the table.

I've been up to Ewood park a few times now and always found your lot quite friendly when i've had a drink before the game ...Its still a bloody grim northern place though smile.gif

You obviously don't live in the Crystal Palace / Croydon area then, As grim has a whole different meaning there ! wink.gif

You obviously don't live in the Crystal Palace / Croydon area then, As grim has a whole different meaning there ! wink.gif

Not any more mate ...and how can you say that about Croydon , look what it has to offer .....Lunar house , rundown housing stock , Burberry caps and Elizabeth Duke jewelry in abundance .....A veritable Utopia really , this is why property is so expensive there biggrin.gif

Dowie is the lower risk option all round. Virtually no compensation as he hasn't got a contract.

For those who don't remember, he kept Oldham going up the table whilst the club was going bust and players were being sold all around him. That for me was the most impressive piece of football managing in terrible circumstances.

No way should alace be in the Prem. They were battlng wth the dngles for the drop from Div 1 when Dowie took them on before last Christmas, yet he took them to the play-offs and through a win at Cardiff to the Prem. Again outstanding management.

The Rovers are a club full of talented players who are not currently producing their best.

If Friedel, Amoruso, Gray, Neill, Ferguson, Tugay, Emerton, de Pedro, Jansen, Pedersen, Gallagher, Stead, Bothroyd to name some of the more gifted can be motivated and guided to do what they are capable of, WE DON'T NEED ANY TRANSFERS. We have players good enough to finish top six and win cups already at Ewood.

Everything points to the Rovers' transfer kitty being as low as our attendances. I do not believe Souness was denied access to transfer funds for any other reason than they were not there.

Since then, the receipt of £500K compensation from the barcodes and £250K for Yorke don't exactly equip Mr Big Name to go and bend the ear of his galactico drinking buddies.

Getting a big name who can bring in expensive new signings is the equivalent of taking Joan Collins to a photo shoot and leaving the slap behind.

I'll be delighted with Dowie and so will everybody on this board when we are in the top half by Christmas and playing great football.

If Hughes and Dowie are indeed on this mysterious short-list then I'm delighted. They'd both be very good appointments. Yes there would be an element of risk about them but it's a gamble worth taking.

Houllier doesn't really bear thinking about. Surely not John Williams.

I'd still prefer Strachan though.

dont kid yourself guys, Dowie becoming manager smacks of desperation.

High quality candidates?? Well I would of thought Dowie would not be our next manager- who knows though.

Henry Winter summed up last night why we should go for Mark Hughes for our next manager

Being serious for a minute , Philipl is spot on about the motivation . In 25 years of watching Palace ive never seen one person have so much effect on a team . Another thing is that he will probably bring Fitness coach Harbin with him...Before he came we were like Spurs for injuries , once he had a hand in the fitness regime the physio room became empty .

Btw who are the Dingles ?

If the stories that rovers are about to ask permission to speak to Dowie are true, then surely that means that he is the first choice. That's what happened with Kidd, we asked permission, got it and offered him the job.

This all seems to me, if true, to rule out a move for Hughes.