BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

New Manager is Mark Hughes

3rdpillar

JW made it plain that Rovers would not go and approach a manager but wait for people to contact them, before drawing up a short-list.

No he hasn't he made a statement saying there have been loads of applicants and we don't need to advertise but i do not believe he has ever made such a bold statement as "we will not approach a manager". It would be obserd to think that, you have to keep all options open!

Hughes is an obvious fans & player favourite so why not at least ask him if he would be interested if he hasn't applied!

JW is very clever and knows what he is doing......(i might change that statement depending on if Hughes gets the job or not wink.gif )

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

And Mark Hughes has made it plain that he will not be approaching Rovers when he said, 'I don't expect them to call.`

How the hell do you know if Hughes has approached Rovers from that quote?

He may well have applied but is modestly expecting the job to go to someone else.

Stop jumping to conclusions

Hughesy, stop posting crap. I come on this board for vital info of which the quality is getting less and less thanks to you two liking the sound of your own voice.

Facts please, facts, if not shut it.

just thought you lot might want an update .

Blackburn are going to officially approach Palace for permission to speak to Dowie .

This has come from a very reliable source who is rarely if ever wrong . My only hope is that it seems Hughes is more favoured at the moment .

Just to add this is not a wind-up or a ploy to make a quick buck on Betfair the only reason i posted it was because this source is always right (sadly)

Personally i'm gutted and so will every Palace fan be if he leaves .

No Offence but I too would be gutted if this was true. Dowie is an excellent manager but not the type of manager that we need at the moment.

That's where you're wrong grizfoot! My uncle's, neighbour's, local fishmonger's, daughter's, hairdresser's, niece's Welsh pen-pal living in Oslo had that information hours ago. Was hoping the information wouldn't make it into the media and that I could make a packet on Betfair but now Ossydave's gone and blown it. mad.gif

Blackburn are going to officially approach Palace for permission to speak to Dowie .

This has come from a very reliable source who is rarely if ever wrong . My only hope is that it seems Hughes is more favoured at the moment .

Just to add this is not a wind-up or a ploy to make a quick buck on Betfair the only reason i posted it was because this source is always right (sadly)

hi there... appreciate your good intentions. but if there is one occasion that your source is wrong, please god, let it be this time. i'll be gutted too if its true. dowie is up and coming, has shown lots of promise. but definitely not what we need now... ohmy.gif

Regardless of whether the short list includes 3 or 5, surely if anyone on the list is already in management Rovers will have to ask for permission to speak to them. John Williams talked about interviews, so if Dowie has made it to the last 5 or even 3 (Which I hope not) we would have to approach Palace just to interview him, this doesn't mean he will get the job. I hope this is the case anyway, Dowie may be an up and coming manager but he is not what we need the present time - 6 months success at Palace does not add up to a top name manager in my opinion

hi there... appreciate your good intentions. but if there is one occasion that your source is wrong, please god, let it be this time. i'll be gutted too if its true. dowie is up and coming, has shown lots of promise. but definitely not what we need now... ohmy.gif

I hope so an all mate ...if anyone else had posted something like that i would have ignored until proof was shown , sadly though this person has been right about everything else he's posted .

But . It seems like like Hughes is still your preferred choice . so fingers x-ed . The fact that all the bookies have slashed their odds on Dowie and that he is now second favorite everywhere seems to back all this up though.

Dowie may be an up and coming manager but he is not what we need the present time - 6 months success at Palace does not add up to a top name manager in my opinion

But what are the options? Hughes is by no means proven in the managerial world, he's only failed so far with Wales. Houllier has failed pretty much everywhere he's been and Advocaat isn't much better.

Dowie is definitely who I want now, I fully believe he's the man to take us forward.

Dowie is definitely who I want now, I fully believe he's the man to take us forward.

Out of Hughes and Dowie, I'd take Dowie any day. He may be 'up and coming' at club level, but how would you rather have it - another 'big name' failure looking for another chance to ressurrect his career? Dowie is an articulte and modern manager who has worked wonders at both Oldham and Palace. With the greatest respect, what has Hughes achieved at club level in a coaching and management capacity? Less than Brian Kidd.....