BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] "half Year" Season Tickets

• Replies 108
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Is it actually against the law for the pubs to show these games from foreign channels? Seems to be somewhat of a grey area in law but no landlord has the cash or the patience to challenge Sky. Sky themselves have after all sold these games to the foreign channels.

359223[/snapback]

My understanding is that it is not a criminal offence, but is a breach of copyright. So yes, it is illegal.

My understanding is that it is not a criminal offence, but is a breach of copyright.  So yes, it is illegal.

359285[/snapback]

So it is not a criminal offence then? But BskyB could sue in a civil court. Hardly worth their while then against a pub landlord with limited funds I would think.

So it is not a criminal offence then? But BskyB could sue in a civil court. Hardly worth their while then against a pub landlord with limited funds I would think.

359312[/snapback]

I might be wrong. It has been known!

I heard that Sky "fine" establishments rather than take them to court over the matters, for a large pub it is alledged that they act as no deterent to the trade they get in for a big game. But that is purely hearsay.

Sorry, off topic again, but there are more trenches dug now. What's going on?

358136[/snapback]

See my PM to you and BobF smile.gif

But for those other Fernhurst Farmians, BT have put the copper overlay in, I'm told it just needs connecting up. I should have had 1mb broadband done today, but I'm now told it will be tomorrow, no doubt the BT man stayed in his van instead of getting wet.

Anyway just so you are back on topic:

half season ticket prices

rover.gif

tinykit.gif

Half a season of football, including some of the higher profile matches, starting at just £100?

Those living in or near to Blackburn really shouldn't take this for granted. I really do wish I could take advantage of this offer.

EDIT: sorry, thos eprices are for young adults, like me. Even so, £160 ain't half bad!

Edited by tcj_jones

Half a season of football, including some of the higher profile matches, starting at just £100?

Those living in or near to Blackburn really shouldn't take this for granted.  I really do wish I could take advantage of this offer.

EDIT: sorry, thos eprices are for young adults, like me.  Even so, £160 ain't half bad!

359326[/snapback]

Third time lucky, from £150 in the JW Outer Wingy thingy.

well I am sorry for this

but if the wavering supporter cannot see the deal of a lifetime that is being offered then they dont deserve to watch premier league football at Ewood.

the costs are not even the price of christmas presents per child per year.

get your hands in the pockets, for the workers it is a small hit in the pocket, for the others its pennies from heaven.

if you cant be persuaded, watch the recorded highlights of Rovers v Charlton, v manure, v leeds, v birmingham and co.

Rovers a re a team playing bloody good football - ask Chelsea laugh.gif

Is it actually against the law for the pubs to show these games from foreign channels? Seems to be somewhat of a grey area in law but no landlord has the cash or the patience to challenge Sky. Sky themselves have after all sold these games to the foreign channels.

359223[/snapback]

I dont think its the fact they are showing games from foreign channels that is illegal.

It is the showing of domestic football between 2.45-5.15 on a Saturday (cup finals are exempt I presume) that is illegal.

with todays digital technology even SKY will have some difficulty in stopping euro broadcasters screening Premiership games on saturday afternoon.

After monopolising the footie for a decade or more the hand is now on the other foot. Companies like SKY always have side issues, whether it be decodes, digi cyphercodes or whatever, they are always there to be broken no matter what.

Lee, for a half season ticket ticket in the Darwen End the club site link states £272 for an adult. When does the the ticket become `active`, IE which is the first game?

If if starts 28th December then thats 11 games, including all the North West derbies at except Everton(no loss there).

Price equates to £24 a match, £1 less than a standard Cat B game . If at the start of the season someone looked at those figures there would have been even less full season ticket sales sold pre-season!

Maybe some folk cottoned on to this?

Those living in or near to Blackburn really shouldn't take this for granted.  I really do wish I could take advantage of this offer.

359326[/snapback]

If you want to go that badly there's nothing really stopping you is there?

People who don't go, criticising other people that don't go, get on my nerves.

359442[/snapback]

So it goes like this?

Okay boss I really want to go to the Rovers when I'm on afternoon shift or evening shift.

Sack me if you like because you can't stop me going and I don't really care about the mortgage or food bill etc withstupid.gif

People who don't go, criticising other people that don't go, get on my nerves.

359442[/snapback]

I wasn't criticsing those that weren't going, just stating that I wish I could take advantage of it and that those going should not take it for granted. I also think that those in Blackburn should consider how lucky they are to have this offer in front of them and am trying to motivate them to go.

I'm afraid there is a lot stopping me from taking it up. Currently I am studying in Canterbury and it would cost anywhere between £45-75 to travel PER WEEK, not including any evening matches, which I would also have to book over night accomodation. It would take 6 hours to get there and 6 hours back, taking up the entire day. I play football on Sundays and that would mean I would barely get a chance to do any work or see my girlfriend. Unless I moved considerably further north there is everything stopping me from taking up this offer.

Edited by tcj_jones

Delighted!! My upstream speeds aren't great, which thankfully isn't an issue for me right now, but the downstream ones are fine.

http://www.adslguide.org.uk/tools/speedcha...3d712fa46131e8d

thumbs-up.gif

360232[/snapback]

you lucky git i still cannot get because checker isnt changed

Hmm, if you see someone sat on your wall, its me with my laptop searching for an unrestricted wireless zone smile.gif Whats the speed? As I'm 2.55km from the exchange, i'm not expecting anything above 1 mb.

351070[/snapback]

I'd have to watch my internet when i sort a wireless network out for labtop biggrin.gif

That is if i can get broadband with the rain i think bt thought forget doing the copper now even though they got one off them tent things they can use.

If do get we can easily switch to the fibre internet once it comes out i no they testing one or 2 now like 20 times faster than adsl biggrin.gif

• 2 months later...

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.