BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Can that be right Jim? Only two mentions from English teams and one of those is a Pakistani Hindu.

I'd like to say I'm surprised and shocked...... but I'd be lying.

It's correct alright, one English county player but the majority from the sub-continent. But we're the cheating scumbags apparently.

Avoided this thread for about 10 pages because I had a feeling that utter prat would still be ruining it, and low and behold he is. Don't think I've ever called for anyone to be banned (even Saxoman) but why the mods are letting that bitter, one-dimensional idiot ruin an entire thread on the most enjoyable event in English cricket is beyond me.

Regarding the game, well for 48 runs for 6 wickets, good god. Its like going back in time 20 years.

Today was the poorest I have seen England play in a long time. But then England have been generally poor all summer, yet still secured the Ashes in record time.

Flower needs to deliver an Alex Ferguson-style bollocking to some players for getting themselves out out against a very mediocre attack and it's also obvious the team needs a shake-up. Ballance and Taylor are better young batsmen than Bairstow while Root needs to go down the order. Why Onions wasn't picked for his home Test is a mystery too.

Prior and Bairstow are both wicket keepers and neither are shining as batsmen. Surely we need only one of them to keep wicket and there must be a better batsman available. Root too despite his big innings does not look confident opening. He should be coming in at no.4 until he matures as a test player. We should be getting 400 to 500 against this Aussie attack every first innings.

Looks as though the England bowlers will have to bail the batsmen out again. How the media have portrayed this mediocre England side to be the greatest of all time, is beyond me.

Oh and noticed today that Swann is sponsored by The S*n. My hatred increases.

What do you think would happen to me if I moved to India, went on an Indian sports messageboard, and said the same about Indian cricket that you do about English? Cause I think there'd be a lot of people trying to find out where I lived by now.

Abusing this country's tolerance and decency, and showing no tolerance and decency yourself. What a total **** you are.

• Like 1

Really pleased for Nathan Lyon, hope he can get the final wicket for his 5 for tomorrow. He is only 25, he will learn working McGill at NSW and he could quite easily become a top quality bowler, he just needs to have faith from the likes of Inverarity and Lehman keep selecting him instead of dropping him for no good reason.

On England Bairstow is not a test batsmen yet and it is doing him no good playing him at the moment as his confidence looks shot to pieces, much like Compo during the NZ series. As for Prior I think the end is nigh, his wicket keeping in this series has been as poor as ever. His last test score was batting on one of the flattest test tracks I have seen against NZ but before and since then nothing of any note. He's also the wrong side of 30, so perhaps now is the time for a change of wicket keeper.

Flower needs to deliver an Alex Ferguson-style bollocking to some players for getting themselves out out against a very mediocre attack and it's also obvious the team needs a shake-up. Ballance and Taylor are better young batsmen than Bairstow while Root needs to go down the order. Why Onions wasn't picked for his home Test is a mystery too.

I honestly can't see Onions playing another game for England (I really hope I am wrong), but if he wasn't picked for this game where everything suits him and he is a much better bowler than Broad or Bresnan it is very hard to see him playing again. Especially with Tremlett back fit and lets face it the ECB will always pick a Surrey player over a player from any other county given the choice perhaps apart from Middlesex which is of course Finn's county, so everything suggests Onions has played his last test for England.

Also if you would drop Root down the order who would you open with ? I would go with Varun Chopra, he's a real classy batsman who is always criminally overlooked by selectors and the media. In my opinion he should have taken over from Strauss ahead of Root and Compo anyway, because he's a better player than Root and Compo is not an opener.

Edited by somersetrover

We should be getting 400 to 500 against this Aussie attack every first innings.

Only in your dreams! Siddle, Harris, Starc, Pattinson and Bird make a good assembly of quicks. Allowing Lyon to grab four wickets is a bit careless.

Can Australia make over 200 in reply?

What do you think would happen to me if I moved to India, went on an Indian sports messageboard, and said the same about Indian cricket that you do about English? Cause I think there'd be a lot of people trying to find out where I lived by now.

Abusing this country's tolerance and decency, and showing no tolerance and decency yourself. What a total **** you are.

No, I am not mocking this country's tolerance and decency, so do not accuse me of that. I am stating the faults of the England cricket team, which consists of their management and players, whom I believe are cheats and hypocrites.

I have seen enough of them in this series alone to justify my beliefs.

I didn't move to England, I was born here. If you want to go on an Indian messageboard then feel free, nobody is stopping you.

No, I am not mocking this country's tolerance and decency, so do not accuse me of that. I am stating the faults of the England cricket team, which consists of their management and players, whom I believe are cheats and hypocrites.

I have seen enough of them in this series alone to justify my beliefs.

I didn't move to England, I was born here. If you want to go on an Indian messageboard then feel free, nobody is stopping you.

The England team has plenty of faults - such as complacency and lack of application - but they are not "cheats and hypocrites".

The cheats are mainly Indians and Pakistanis (see below), which makes you the hypocrite.

http://en.wikipedia....or_match_fixing

Guest Norbert

Prior and Bairstow are both wicket keepers and neither are shining as batsmen. Surely we need only one of them to keep wicket and there must be a better batsman available. Root too despite his big innings does not look confident opening. He should be coming in at no.4 until he matures as a test player. We should be getting 400 to 500 against this Aussie attack every first innings.

I agree. If there is a proper opening batsman in the county game, then bring them in. Same for a wicketkeeper, as Prior is not in good form with either bat or gloves. There is a tendancy to pick the same players regardless of form with England, and once you're in you can stay in a very long time.

The squad needs freshening up for the following tour. And Root should bowl a bit more too.

The England team has plenty of faults - such as complacency and lack of application - but they are not "cheats and hypocrites".

The cheats are mainly Indians and Pakistanis (see below), which makes you the hypocrite.

http://en.wikipedia....or_match_fixing

Once again Jim, I ask you, how many of them in the current India squad?

Also, Broad, Root etc not walking, would you say that is fair play or cheating?

Finally, Swann accused the Sri Lanka lad for not walking, yet says it is perfectly fine when Broad didn't walk, do you not think that is hypocritical?

Pitch is moving a lot today. Australia will have to be patient and bat very well to get close to England's target.

12-2 at the moment and Australia in all sorts of trouble.

• Moderation Lead

Once again Jim, I ask you, how many of them in the current India squad?

Also, Broad, Root etc not walking, would you say that is fair play or cheating?

Finally, Swann accused the Sri Lanka lad for not walking, yet says it is perfectly fine when Broad didn't walk, do you not think that is hypocritical?

Pitch is moving a lot today. Australia will have to be patient and bat very well to get close to England's target.

12-2 at the moment and Australia in all sorts of trouble.

Just shut up will you?

If you don't like England and their cricket team, off you pop.

Guest Norbert

I second that. I'm tired of reading some fake one eyed Indian's bitching about the current England team. India own the ICC so be happy with that at least.

I think today is a crucial day in these back to back Ashes series. England need to wake up, and play to their potential ASAP. We have retained the Ashes despite ourselves, and over this last Test and a half, Australia seem to be realising that the English are there for the taking. IF they go on today to make a substantial lead, I reckon they should be able to push on and win this Test. The Oval then sees England on a slippery slope down, while the Aussies are on the way up. Not the way we want to be going into a five test series down under, and I can see us struggling to retain.