BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Guest Norbert

Just do one Blue and White. I'm being so blunt and rude because I am sick of you talking rubbish slating what I guess is your home country's team. You come across as an Asian equivilent of a plastic paddy who boos the likes of Bopara or Panesar for playing for England.

The Ashes do not concern you, and you have made it patently clear you have an agenda and prejudices so your posts contribute nothing other than to annoy everyone else.

Just do one Blue and White. I'm being so blunt and rude because I am sick of you talking rubbish slating what I guess is your home country's team. You come across as an Asian equivilent of a plastic paddy who boos the likes of Bopara or Panesar for playing for England.

The Ashes do not concern you, and you have made it patently clear you have an agenda and prejudices so your posts contribute nothing other than to annoy everyone else.

Boo Bopara and Panesar? I couldn't give a toss about them. If they were that good, they'd be playing for India, that's a fact. ECB cannot match the BCCI when it comes to offering contracts to players. We have too much money. Whereas, county cricket is struggling a huge amount in England with clubs in huge amounts of debt. That's why the likes of Pietersen want to play in the IPL so desperately, in order to pocket themselves a huge payday.

Like I said earlier, I believe I have contributed very fairly to the Ashes discussion. I'm sure Jim will agree with me.

Boo

Like I said earlier, I believe I have contributed very fairly to the Ashes discussion. I'm sure Jim will agree with me.

No I don't. It's obvious now you started this thread not to discuss the Ashes but use it as a vehicle to slag off England. Now kindly fack off.

No I don't. It's obvious now you started this thread not to discuss the Ashes but use it as a vehicle to slag off England. Now kindly fack off.

Come on Jim, I thought we were pals?

I started this thread to discuss what I thought would be a competitive and enjoyable series. Unfortunately, it has been neither and overshadowed by 2 key issues in my opinion, cheating and DRS. By no fault of my own, the England players have been cheating and the DRS has favoured England majority of the time. Had it been Australia, I would have slagged them off all the same.

It seems as though I am not entitled to a cricket opinion as I support neither team. Wonder how Michael Holding feels.

I honestly can't see what BnWR has said to warrant the response he's had other than a view that jim (etc) don't share.

His complete lack of consistency, ability to totally ignore valid points made by others, and one-track mind through 30 pages of discussion might have something to do with it.

He viciously slates Broad through multiple posts for not walking, others point out India players who've done the same, he makes up a pathetic, garbage reason for why its not the same.

He drones on and on and on about DRS whenever it benefits England, says nothing when it benefits Australia.

He is hypercritical about the qualities of a team likely to be ranked 2nd in the world after the next test. When its pointed out to him this team have beaten India home and away in recent series, he makes up a pathetic, garbage reason for why that doesn't matter.

He's a wum at best and a racist at worst. Although I suspect the reality is somewhere between the 2 and he's just a bitter individual who doesn't like the blanket coverage England get in this country when he wants to talk about India. His insertion of utterly irrelevant clips of India into this thread would back that up.

His complete lack of consistency, ability to totally ignore valid points made by others, and one-track mind through 30 pages of discussion might have something to do with it.

He viciously slates Broad through multiple posts for not walking, others point out India players who've done the same, he makes up a pathetic, garbage reason for why its not the same.

He drones on and on and on about DRS whenever it benefits England, says nothing when it benefits Australia.

He is hypercritical about the qualities of a team likely to be ranked 2nd in the world after the next test. When its pointed out to him this team have beaten India home and away in recent series, he makes up a pathetic, garbage reason for why that doesn't matter.

He's a wum at best and a racist at worst. Although I suspect the reality is somewhere between the 2 and he's just a bitter individual who doesn't like the blanket coverage England get in this country when he wants to talk about India. His insertion of utterly irrelevant clips of India into this thread would back that up.

A racist? I'd retract that statement for your own good.

Call me what you like on this thread, but a racist I am not. I dislike the England cricket team with reasons I have explained in this thread earlier on. I have no complaints about the English people or anything else English. In fact, I am off to Wembley tonight to watch England take on Scotland. I was in London throughout the Olympics and will be traveling to Rio next year for the World Cup. All this because I am a racist?

I have made valid points on this thread about the use of DRS, all of which have been picked up by the national media. I guess they are racists too?

I merely pointed out Stuart Broad's cheating antics during the series and the actual use of the word was derived by an interview from Swann. So that makes Swann a racist or hypocritical, you decide?

I was asked who I support, I told them I support India, ever since the reference has always been bought back to India by YOU, not me.

Come on Jim, I thought we were pals?

I started this thread to discuss what I thought would be a competitive and enjoyable series. Unfortunately, it has been neither and overshadowed by 2 key issues in my opinion, cheating and DRS. By no fault of my own, the England players have been cheating and the DRS has favoured England majority of the time. Had it been Australia, I would have slagged them off all the same.

It seems as though I am not entitled to a cricket opinion as I support neither team. Wonder how Michael Holding feels.

1. England players haven't walked but so what ? Rightly or wrongly, international players don't walk - including India's.

2. Sometimes DRS favoured England, sometimes it favoured the opposition. Do you think a machine honestly is as bent as Indian umpires ?

3. It's obvious you wanted the opposition to win and are probably aghast they did not.

This is the last time I respond to your pathetic posts.

1. England players haven't walked but so what ? Rightly or wrongly, international players don't walk - including India's.

2. Sometimes DRS favoured England, sometimes it favoured the opposition. Do you think a machine honestly is as bent as Indian umpires ?

3. It's obvious you wanted the opposition to win and are probably aghast they did not.

This is the last time I respond to your pathetic posts.

1. No India players have accused the opposition of being called a cheat, ala Swann, then done the exact same thing themselves.

2. Which Indian umpire are you referring to exactly? DRS favours one side or the other, it should not do that. It should give the correct decision. Unfortunately it hasn't on a few occasions and there is far too much doubt over the LBW. Hence why I would like it scrapped or serious adjustments to the rules currently in place. Are you 100% satisfied with the system currently in place?

3. I couldn't care less who won. I wanted the best team to win (see the first post of the topic)

Boo Bopara and Panesar? I couldn't give a toss about them. If they were that good, they'd be playing for India, that's a fact. ECB cannot match the BCCI when it comes to offering contracts to players. We have too much money. Whereas, county cricket is struggling a huge amount in England with clubs in huge amounts of debt. That's why the likes of Pietersen want to play in the IPL so desperately, in order to pocket themselves a huge payday.

Nobody likes the nouveau riche rubbing their wealth in people's faces BnWR. May I remind you that whilst you are gloating over the shiny new found money in Indian cricket wealth that one third of India's population is still existing below the poverty line. Why not address that with the vigour that you reserve for your wind ups? Or maybe you did and thats why you are over here and able to bite the hand that is feeding you.

Nobody likes the nouveau riche rubbing their wealth in people's faces BnWR. May I remind you that whilst you are gloating over the shiny new found money in Indian cricket wealth that one third of India's population is still existing below the poverty line. Why not address that with the vigour that you reserve for your wind ups? Or maybe you did and thats why you are over here and able to bite the hand that is feeding you.

Get your beloved Cameron to sort out our country first before you start looking at India. Once again though, the talk is about cricket, not the countries. If you would like to discuss both countries then please do start up a new thread.

I am not on a wind up. I am just stating my opinion. If you don't like it then you know where the ignore button is, go ahead.

• Moderation Lead

Money talks, wealth whispers...

Get your beloved Cameron to sort out our country first before you start looking at India. Once again though, the talk is about cricket, not the countries. If you would like to discuss both countries then please do start up a new thread.

I am not on a wind up. I am just stating my opinion. If you don't like it then you know where the ignore button is, go ahead.

You were the one to start us all looking at the vulgar and unequal wealth distribution in India not me.

However. "your" "our"...... potayto potahto, tomayto, tomahto........ lets call the whole thing off. :P

Edited by thenodrog

You were the one to start us all looking at the vulgar and unequal wealth distribution in India not me.

However. "your" "our"...... potayto potahto, tomayto, tomahto........ lets call the whole thing off. :P

You'll never see me associating myself with that scumbag. His party along with that bitch you brag about in your signature, ruined our lives and he's now ruining our country.

What an odd thing to say on such a good news day..........

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/politics/10241869/Economic-recovery-underway-as-jobless-total-falls-by-4000.html

Especially given that you weren't even born when Margaret Thatcher was PM. :wstu: Oh and the second part of my sig is more appropriate for the likes of you.

Edited by thenodrog

For what it's worth I like DRS.

Of course any new ish system will have shortcomings, yet in my opinion these are showing up more by the exponents using it, for example by the likes of Watson and Broad seeking to review everything. In time the captains will adapt and use their referals far wiser, in order to benefit the original reason for it coming about, i.e. to afford the opportunity to rectify the glaringingly wrong umpiring decisions.

The ICC should insist on rolling the same system out for all test matches played and this will indeed no doubt pass when the Little Master hangs up his bat on a fine career, thus allowing the BCCI to follow suit.

Edited by Boz

Also, I am sure Swann since regrets his outburst in Sri Lanka, I would hope he does, though being a World Class spin bowler you can never be sure, certainly Andy Flower spoke with a great deal of sense afterwards.

The use of the word cheat is extremely emotive, if Mike Denness was still around I am sure he would agree.

What an odd thing to say on such a good news day..........

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/politics/10241869/Economic-recovery-underway-as-jobless-total-falls-by-4000.html

Especially given that you weren't even born when Margaret Thatcher was PM. :wstu: Oh and the second part of my sig is more appropriate for the likes of you.

Even though I wasn't old enough when she was in power, I still, to this very day have to go through the trouble she caused my family re: Hillsborough and how her scumbag party hid the lies.

I think the DRS should be used by the umpires ONLY, if they don't feel 100% comfortable with their decision they can review it. Like they do with third umpire.

The option is there for them and they will by judged by their decisions.

Good idea. Something must change on this current system, it just does not seem to be working and way too much controversy surrounds it. Unfortunately, the England fans seem oblivious to it and when I have suggested change, they think I am being racist. So just a word of advice, be careful what you say or you may well be accused of the same.

1. Even though I wasn't old enough when she was in power, I still, to this very day have to go through the trouble she caused my family re: Hillsborough and how her scumbag party hid the lies.

2. Good idea. Something must change on this current system, it just does not seem to be working and way too much controversy surrounds it. Unfortunately, the England fans seem oblivious to it and when I have suggested change, they think I am being racist. So just a word of advice, be careful what you say or you may well be accused of the same.

1. Thatcher's reign was notable for very many things, economic recovery, defeat of the communist agenda'd unions, Falklands etc. But Hillsborough? Come on. Hillsborough is hardly a stick to beat Thatcher with is it? Every successive govt held an inquiry / investigation of one sort or another with no real variation to the original. Not only that but after the 2012 verdict apologies were issued by David Cameron on behalf of the government, Ed Milliband on behalf of the Labour Party , Sheffield Wednesday , South Yorkshire Police, and Kelvin McKenzie.

Whats your thoughts on the other two footballing disasters? Thatcher at fault for them was she?..... or as I suspect have you not heard of them?

2. DRS....Racism? FFS! Grow up.

Edited by thenodrog

I think the DRS should be used by the umpires ONLY, if they don't feel 100% comfortable with their decision they can review it. Like they do with third umpire.

If you are an umpire you should only give someone out if indeed you are 100% certain that they are out, lbw/caught, any doubt no matter to what degree and the batter is not out, end of. You would be asking umpires to consider degrees of certainty on decisions, which is not realistic really.

They already quite rightly use reviews for run outs/no balls.

Now if a third umpire was able to watch immediate replays and give an opinion then that is a different matter.

Yet I would prefer to persevere with DRS and allow it and the users of it to develop and improve. It is working, just look at the stats, the controversy has mainly arisen from the users and their mismanagement of their reviews.

Overall DRS has clearly improved things. Just because its not perfect isn't a reason to scrap it. That's like scrapping the development of the aeroplane a hundred years ago because some of them crashed to begin with. They weren't scrapped because they were an improvement on the train, well DRS error is an improvement on human error.

I find the amount of criticism of it completely bizarre. It'll overturn maybe 20 wrong decisions in a series, but then if it misses a few (which makes no difference) or overturns 1 correct one, its critics leap on that anomaly with sensationalist outrage. Its a totally illogical way of looking at it, which makes me think its critics either have no ability to remember all the wrong ones its overturned, or have another agenda.

I think thats a really good idea.