BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Stop The Fecking Goal Music!

Off topic but I was at in the JW for the west ham game. Nice, normal volume level for the PA system.

In the Blackburn End it is just deafening. When the music comes on at half time you can't even talk to the person next to you. Turn it down FFS.

The only positive is we no longer get drown out by that bloody HSA advert from a few years ago. That scarred me!

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

We need a Rovers anthem a bit like Stoke with Delila and Sheff Utd with the Wet Woodbine song.

As long as it is not Wild Rover!!

It needs to be based on an old classic rather than a modern Mumbo jumbo song that you either love or hate.

I Guess Why They Call It (Us) The Blues by Elton John.

Now over to someone else to write new lyrics suited to BRFC!

I wouldn't mind the goal music if it was delayed somewhat, seems like as soon as it's in the back of the net the fans are being drowned out. Coldplay however are such a depressing band, how on Earth is that music supposed to hype anyone up for a match? We need something upbeat and exciting rather than something that wouldn't be out of place at a funeral.

its not specifically just the goal music that i cant stand, its the volume and choice of music and the volume of tannoy announcements pre and post match, I struggle at the best of times to hear people and have a conversation when theres even moderate background noise around, so when its as excessive as it is at ewood i find it impossible

Maybe if we actually gave it some welly when we did score instead of Rovers Rovers Ra Ra Ra we would nt actually hear the bloody music ..

its not specifically just the goal music that i cant stand, its the volume and choice of music and the volume of tannoy announcements pre and post match, I struggle at the best of times to hear people and have a conversation when theres even moderate background noise around, so when its as excessive as it is at ewood i find it impossible

I suggest you go to the library then .Avoid public places and noisy environments at all costs.

You don't need to visit grounds .. Match of the day . Unless you watch it on mute . 20/20 is for lazy , clueless,chavs.

Totally agree about goal music - its the fans who should be making the noise not some stupid tannoy

BUT 20/20 is not for lazy chavs - as a lover of the 5 day game - the technical innovations are brilliant have you watched McCullum Guptill Root and Williamson recently ? (Yes I know its not a cricket thread but was provoked ! ) :)

Maybe if we actually gave it some welly when we did score instead of Rovers Rovers Ra Ra Ra we would nt actually hear the bloody music ..

I suggest you go to the library then .Avoid public places and noisy toenvironments at all costs.

I suggest you go fiddle with yourself

I suggest you go fiddle with yourself

Now now...

The whole idea of a match day experience unfortunately involves noise ..we ve enough problems with 70% of the crowd not partaking...take away the pre/post match announcements( ie Team news ..half time scores ..full time scores ) and we re not left with very much. Maybe thats the next craze ..Football noise intrusion? Loss of hearing? ring 0750....

Sorry if i interrupted your nap ..

There's no need for unnecessarily loud noise that nobody even wants to hear in the first place.

P.s. Khod-i dont even know what "flaming" is but if you think its worth a warning ill have to take your word for it, personally i dont think there was any need for blueboys sarcy remarks but im not going to lose any sleep over what a stranger says nor would i waste my time 'reporting' his comments/posts.

I wouldn't mind the goal music if it was delayed somewhat, seems like as soon as it's in the back of the net the fans are being drowned out. Coldplay however are such a depressing band, how on Earth is that music supposed to hype anyone up for a match? We need something upbeat and exciting rather than something that wouldn't be out of place at a funeral.

That was my point about it really, on Sat the ball literally hit the back off the net and it boomed out as if the ball hitting the net triggered it. People stopped cheering it was ridiculous. When we had it before and at other grounds there seems a few seconds delay uuntil the initial yesss has died down. As always at Ewood they are pigging clueless.

Quite like the music at the beginning with a bit of Guru Josh, Faithless etc all big tunes in Blackburn back in the day when it was buzzing so kind of nostalgic. I'd like to wire Chis Martins teeth together but apart from that I've no problem with Coldplay :blink:

Abbey you should get over here to a Perth Glory game, your head will explode,big purple gorilla, dancing girls with pom poms, chelsea dagger, after every PG goal, which there as been quite a lot recently!

Not a fan of after goal music but can say that it works at PG, doesnt start the second the goal is scored but comes in after about 5 secs and blends in with the cheers and prolongs the celebrations until re-start, suppose it helps its a bouncy tune

examples after PG 3rd and 4th Goals, dancing girls in view after 1st goal

p.s ex rover Jamie Mclaren knocking the first in for Brisabane

I find that difficult to believe, Paul. It is extremely loud where I'm sat in N01. It doesn't bother me, but I don't believe for a single second anyone in or near the BBE is 'totally unaware' when it plays. It genuinely is THAT loud in there.

Perhaps he's deaf?

and why do we have to listen to Infinity by Guru Josh every bloody game?

Played in most stadiums ? Rubbish
Coldplay and anyone who likkes Coldplay should be thrown off the stadium roof .

No need - they'll throw themselves off if Coldplay is played for long enough!

Hate also the same old same old England Trumpet led stuff ..been the same same same for years .

.As for Rovers .The Best after goal chants emerge from the crowd..as you see when they play away from home and score.Music not needed

Now now...

The whole idea of a match day experience unfortunately involves noise ..we ve enough problems with 70% of the crowd not partaking...take away the pre/post match announcements( ie Team news ..half time scores ..full time scores ) and we re not left with very much. Maybe thats the next craze ..Football noise intrusion? Loss of hearing? ring 0750....

Sorry if i interrupted your nap ..

So why does it have to be twice as loud in the Blackburn End than in the Jack Walker as I posted earlier?

I think Kung Fu Panda and Co. turned it up years ago to drown out the 'abuse' (Paul Merson and friends) and none has turned it back down since.

So why does it have to be twice as loud in the Blackburn End than in the Jack Walker as I posted earlier?

I think Kung Fu Panda and Co. turned it up years ago to drown out the 'abuse' (Paul Merson and friends) and none has turned it back down since.

i don't believe they'd struggle to find a knob behind the scenes at ewood

The volume varies sometimes it's not been so bad and it hasn't been always that loud since Agnews gang were in charge. Saturday was unbearable but there'll be some amateur in charge of it probably. Wish they'd come on and explain themselves it can't be that difficult.

Archived