Jump to content

Recommended Posts

15 minutes ago, SIMON GARNERS 194 said:

There is no plan white boy,there hasn't been from day one of their acquisition of Rovers!

They have spent some £250 MILLION to see us relegated to DIV1....unprecedented.

:wacko:

presumably, they make revenue elsewhere to cover that loss?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Hasta said:

It was definitely sang clearly twice, once towards the end of the first half and one half way through the second half. It was also followed by a chant of Ooh Ahh Gallagher which showed that nobody was questioning Gallagher's commitment or effort. Just the fact he is clearly in the wrong position.

ok fair enough, well I only heard it once. I asked the people I went with who sit in Blackburn End and Jack Walker upper. they heard it once. 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, Amo said:

Promotion. Have you seen the figures? It's boom or bust for Rovers.

Will it happen? Nope. The club's fucked from the top down.

That could’ve been, and most certainly was, written 8 years ago. Mercer has been saying they are skint for at least that long and yet here we still are. Not once has their approach to the manager situation given any hint of it ever being boom or bust. No-one knows what their plan is and under what circumstances they would sell, pull out or something else altogether. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 minutes ago, Exiled in Toronto said:

That could’ve been, and most certainly was, written 8 years ago. Mercer has been saying they are skint for at least that long and yet here we still are. Not once has their approach to the manager situation given any hint of it ever being boom or bust. No-one knows what their plan is and under what circumstances they would sell, pull out or something else altogether. 

While Mercer is obviously full of hyperbole alot of the time, how long do you think we can keep doing this? Owners have money yes, they are keeping the lights on and even investing a little in the last few years (badly though it has to be said). How many hundreds of millions are we at now? What is clear is that they will not be around forever and what does that spell for our club if we are not able to get to a position to reduce that debt significantly so that they can finally walk?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, starscascade said:

presumably, they make revenue elsewhere to cover that loss?

Of course. They are billionaires who make their money from chickens and pharmaceuticals. So if ever your cock needs a shot of antibiotics give Rovers a ring, hey?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, JacknOry said:

While Mercer is obviously full of hyperbole alot of the time, how long do you think we can keep doing this? Owners have money yes, they are keeping the lights on and even investing a little in the last few years (badly though it has to be said). How many hundreds of millions are we at now? What is clear is that they will not be around forever and what does that spell for our club if we are not able to get to a position to reduce that debt significantly so that they can finally walk?

Impossible to answer for two reasons:

1) None of us can begin to imagine how billionaires think about anything. Barry owns 70 luxury cars and I own a Ford Escape, so I doubt we ever share a similar thought about motoring.

2) There is no ‘we’. The ownership and the fans have absolutely nothing in common, even though they own our club. The only stakeholders in ‘keeping going like this’ are them, and they could probably keep going for decades on a financial basis.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, Mattyblue said:

Weird though, isn’t it?

Very, indeed having visited plenty of clubs we seem to have a lot of fans that talk absolute rot, very often... and really have no manners especially those under 30 that only reall understanding of football is FIFA on the play station.  I think the under 30 seem to have a general disrespect for most things mind....

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, Tyrone Shoelaces said:

The owners have absolutely no plan what so ever. They've already forgotten all about football, Blackburn and anything else.They don't know how to resolve the situation so they are just ignoring the issue ostrich style.

haha

 

well lets hope your wrong ....

 

At least youve still not got our old chairman around ..... or was he somebody you had faith in?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, Amo said:

Promotion. Have you seen the figures? It's boom or bust for Rovers.

Will it happen? Nope. The club's fucked from the top down.

Well lets hope we dont have another Bolton or even worse Bury

 

Always have feelings for the fans when half wits ruin a club its them that suffer...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, SIMON GARNERS 194 said:

There is no plan white boy,there hasn't been from day one of their acquisition of Rovers!

They have spent some £250 MILLION to see us relegated to DIV1....unprecedented.

:wacko:

I think to be fair they've been very badly advised from the very start... to be honest i am surprised they haven't bailed

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 minutes ago, white boy said:

I think to be fair they've been very badly advised from the very start... to be honest i am surprised they haven't bailed

it`s indian culture,part of their caste or something like that,selling the club would mean defeat to them and they`de lose face to their business rivals,friends and colleagues,they will never sell,the only way they`de relinquish control is if the whole venkys empire looked in danger of collapsing,a long shot at best imo

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, white boy said:

I think to be fair they've been very badly advised from the very start... to be honest i am surprised they haven't bailed

I don't know, I thought my advice to them was very good - two words, one starts with F the other ends with F.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.