BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Our Feeder Club

benhben

I heard a while ago, that Rovers were negotiation with some team, think it might have been a belgian team or something, cant remember, to be a feeder club to us. Did this ever happen? what was the team called? I wonder if there could be any decent signings available from there. Im sure chelseas feeder club is PSV!! Not a bad club to start with!

Unfortunately, the guys we sent over to Cercle Brugge can't even get a game in the first team. In Weaver's case, I don't his had a match for the reserve team.

I'm sure, as part of the infamously protracted MGP deal, Rovers and Tromso agreed some kind of deal that but gave us first option on future talent.

You can read all about Cercle Brugge on their website, here. At the moment they have Jerome Watt and Paul Weaver on loan, and according to the English language match reports, both are featuring for their reserve team (although they are described as first team squad players).

Cercle Bruge is the club we were reported to be setting links up with, although like you I don't know how far that went. In England though, over recent years, we've turned into a feeder club for Birmingham City.

Or Newcastle.

Given, Shearer, Dalglish, Souness

And we got...

....Darren Peacock

And our feeder club is Rangers

Souness,Tugay,Amoruso and Ferguson.

We were also in talks with Michael ball and Peter Lovenkrands

Were also after Craig Moore not so long ago (until we found out his leg was falling off, or something).

Don't know about "feeder club" but Man Utd love shedding their has beens out to us - Cole, Yorke, Curtis, Berg ohmy.gif

The Rangers connection will hopefully be over now that Souness has headed to the north east and maybe he'll take two players in particular with him.

There was a thing going with Southhampton strikers for a while-

Shearer came, Davies, Ostenstad, (not to mention the constant Le Tissier rumours.) Jeff Kenna and Tim Flowers too.

Then Ripley, Beattie, Davies went down there. The mid nineties saw a good relationship between the clubs tranfer-wise ( apart from the fact that Hodgson paid stupid money just to land Fatty McPieFace-Davies)

Bit harsh to call Berg a has-been, Linny...?

Isn't Watt playing for C. Brugge either? Isn't he quite talented?

Probably is seeing as he had some good spells with Short in defence but I was referring more to his speed. I'm still having nightmares of seeing him a couple of years ago against Jimmy Floyd Hasselbaink. ph34r.gif

I seem to remember the Rovers sending 1 or 2 of our players to our friendly 6-toed rivals over the border in Yorkshire for a bout of "this is where you end up if you don`t listen!"

wasn`t it McEveley & Todd?

blink.gif

• 11 months later...
Yes we're all worried about that.

260972[/snapback]

With Bellamy and Savage performing well recently...are you still worried about the Boyo connection 92er?

In other news, it appears that Rovers are aiming to increase their links with Belgian side Cercle Brugge. They want to extend the loan of Luke Jones to the end of the season and we will have a scout of their players. Not sure if they have any talented players or not but Mokoena has proved a good signing for relatively little outlay.

Blackburn to strengthen European ties

Henchoz, Filan & Mahon are all at Wigan

Let's not get too cocky.

360375[/snapback]

Was that to me? All I'm saying is that Henchoz left us for Liverpool, so he shouldn't be part of the list of players we have bought from Liverpool.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.