BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Rovers 0 Spurs 1

• Replies 211
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I hate Spurs and their attitude of being a big club, who should be doing better. Well, the fact that they have been crap for years tells you something about the club. Blackburn are on a decent run at the moment, they are playing well and showing huge amounts of passion and determination. We need to carry this form on, with a win moving us further up the table. I think that can win and it will be a huge lift if King is out. We have to be strong in defence, because in Keane and Defoe, Spurs have a genuine attacking threat, which could tear a team apart. But it is not going to happen today. wink.gif

3-1 to Rovers

Rovers 2 - 1 Spurs

I don't think we should play Nissa at left back for this one, bringing Michael Gray back would make more sense. Spurs don't have a right winger, they're playing a defensive minded central midfielder out there at the moment (either Mendes, Carrick or Brown) so shouldn't offer too much of a threat down that side, Paramot also looks like a centre half playing at right back. Being at home we should definitely be looking to take advantage of that and Gray will give us more going forward than Nissa or McEveley. Also think this is a good game to bring Thompson in for, Spurs aren't too physical in the the midfield, they're quite similar to us in the respect that they have ball players not ball winners. I know Tugay was good against Fulham but surely the law of averages states he's now due a run of shocking games? Anyway, my team:

Friedel

Neill Todd Johansson Gray

Reid Thompson Ferguson Emerton

Dickov Gallagher

1) Jacques Santini. What happened?

He was not the right man for the job. Don't think he liked working under Frank Arnesen but his defensive tactics would not have quelled the discontent at the Lane for long

2) How do you feel about Martin Jol's appointment?

Pleased. Been a big fan ever since he wrapped Defoe in a bear hug to protect him from a fired up David Weir earlier in the season. Weir backed off very quickly. Also seems to want to play the Spurs way.

3) Are Spurs living up to your expectations so far this season?

No - but we are turning the corner.

4) What do you think about Rovers so far?

Not much.

6) Who have been your best and worst players this year?

Best - Paul Robinson - England's number 1 for the next ten years.

Worst - Johnnie Jackson will soon be a makeweight in the Andy Reid deal.

7) What style of play can we expect from you on Saturday?

Attacking, passionate - responding to our penalty shoot-out defeat in the right way.

8) Which Rovers player are you most scared of?

Lucas O'Neill - but only cos I suspect he'll try and injure our wonderkid Ziegler

9) Any memories from Blackburn v Spurs games from the past?

The Worthington Cup final where a mixture of amazing luck and shocking refereeing saw you somehow beat us - with a 37 year old Mark Hughes playing in central midfield.

10) Where do you think both teams will finish at the end of the season?

Rovers - fourth from bottom.

Spurs - eighth

Apologies for missing out Mike England on the transfer front. I knew there was someone else and despite voting him into the greatest Rovers side could not remember him when I put the preview together.

Good God, what planet are these people living on?! blink.gif

9) Any memories from Blackburn v Spurs games from the past?

The Worthington Cup final where a mixture of amazing luck and shocking refereeing saw you somehow beat us - with a 37 year old Mark Hughes playing in central midfield.

what shocking refereing decisions?

Does he remember the 4-0 drubbing two seasons ago

Does he?

Does He?

DOES HE?

Guess not.

Oh well god bless spurs, always cheer me up when im down

very disappointed after last week's excellent performance. to be honest, we never showed up bar 5-10min at the start of the 2nd half. everybody seemed to be playing below their best, and there was no believe that we could have won the game at all. oh well, we've got palace next. back to the drawing board, and hope we do well next week. let's hope this performance shocks our boys back into form.

0-1 it is then. We should've had a point, Tottenham weren't good at all. They have a good keeper, solid central defense and two good forwards. They have no midfield.

But I have to say this though, Lucas Neill was absolutely brilliant tonight. Always in on the attacks and did really well defensively too. Great performance, easily my MoM. Todd was very good too.

Again, we were lacking that final pass. Plenty of possession near their box, but the quality of the deliveries wasn't good enough.

disappointing result.

We were much better than Spurs, who did almost nothing the whole game. They sneaked in a goal and we dominated the rest of the game, but didn't create enough chances. Our passing was poor towards the end, but I didn't feel we should have lost this game. The players look commited, they look like they really are trying hard, but there's just something missing to get us the results.

Todd was great I thought, Emerton and Reid did well too. Tugay, Short and Johansson made some bad mistakes. Nice to see that Thommo and Bothroyd aren't afraid to shoot, but a little bit of thought before the shot wouldn't hurt.

Edited by Blue and White

Collectively this is the most inept squad/team I can remember in the 40 odd years of following Rovers. Not a creative idea between them. If we stay up it will only be because the likes of WBA are even worse. While I am at it NJ is the worst professional footballer I have ever had the displeasure of watching - crap he wouldn't get in my Sunday League Pub team. I have nothing positive to say but I feel sorry for Huges and the pile of dog poo that he has inherited. But thanks for the Early Xmas pantomime leading up to the Spurs goal. A girls team could have done better.

Lucas Neill was absolutely brilliant tonight. Always in on the attacks and did really well defensively too.

I thought he was rubbish going forward, his attacking passing was very poor and always narraw. Reid had loads of space on the right, but Lucas always passed the ball centre.

He was solid defensivly though.

I didn't say he actually produced quality passes, but he was there wink.gif I wouldn't call his attacking rubbish though, wasn't any worse than the rest of the team.

And he was more than solid defensively. He took the ball of Defoe easily quite a few times, was the last remaining Rover after corners a couple of times and did well.

And agreed about NEJ. He is solid at the back, but I'd rather have Short going forward in his place. He's an awful passer, no technique and takes way too long.

NEJ's a very good centre back, as he has proved time and again. so it's unfair to call him pure rubbish.

however, when he gets shunted out to left back, he makes mistakes, although he can put in the odd good performance in that position like he did last week at fulham.

he is however, nothing short of a disaster when he gets the ball in attack. the only time he should be involved in an attack is heading them in during corners. other than that, he looks totally uncomfortable, totally lost, and does not know what to do with the ball. so well, i appreciate nissa at centreback, where i think he's among the best we have at the moment, but really, isn't up to it at left back, as its a position which calls for some attacking nous at least.

Everyone apart from Neill, Todd and Friedel were woeful.

Thompsons performance was probably the worst from any rovers player since we've come back up.

But knowing rovers, we'll beat Palace on saturday.

Hopefully that was just an off day and we can just move on.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.