BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Meesage To The Drummer

KEEP THE DRUMMER!!!

He's a BIG Rovers fan, and he does DRUM up an atmosphere!! thumbs-up.gif

I'm all for a band like England/Sheff Wed have, what a great atmos that would create. If i can lay my mits on a cheapo trumpet, I shall join in with the drummer tongue.gifbiggrin.gif

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Does anyone else find it disturbing when he starts bouncing around like a demented one-legged kangaroo trapped in a lift ?

No.

See, now, here we go again. Anyone would think most of you didn't have the ability to speak.

Go and talk to the drummer. And/or arrange to meet up and sort out some chants or songs instead of moaning. He's only supporting the club he loves, and trying to get some atmosphere going.

Still, I suppose if you did anything about it, it would take up valuable drinking time and we can't have that, can we?

Tsk

dry.gifwacko.gif

whilst the crowd is conditioned to react the the beat of a drum they'll continue to do so and the drummers will remain necessary.

What absolute twaddle. It's like saying that so long as a child has stabalisers on its bike it can't cycle on two wheels, so best keep them. Why not just get rid of them and see how the atmosphere improves. There may be a lull as the crowd adapts but they'll soon be cycling away no probs.

Try sitting at the back of the BBE towards the JWS. I'm sick to death of chants (and practically every football chant can be drummed to) being destroyed by the drummer, who doesn't understand that sound travels at a set speed. By the time he hears the chants near us, starts beating his bloody drum and the sound gets back it's invariably half a beat out and the chant is destoyed. THAT'S WHY THERE'S NO ATMOSPHERE!!!! mad.gif

nail on the head!

whilst the crowd is conditioned to react the the beat of a drum they'll continue to do so and the drummers will remain necessary.

What absolute twaddle. It's like saying that so long as a child has stabalisers on its bike it can't cycle on two wheels, so best keep them. Why not just get rid of them and see how the atmosphere improves. There may be a lull as the crowd adapts but they'll soon be cycling away no probs.

Try sitting at the back of the BBE towards the JWS. I'm sick to death of chants (and practically every football chant can be drummed to) being destroyed by the drummer, who doesn't understand that sound travels at a set speed. By the time he hears the chants near us, starts beating his bloody drum and the sound gets back it's invariably half a beat out and the chant is destoyed. THAT'S WHY THERE'S NO ATMOSPHERE!!!! mad.gif

nail on the head!

I can't comment to much, as I have only been to a couple of live games. But on the tele, it sounds terrible. We need a few italian ultra imports to bring their drums, I'm sure Souey has some contacts!

As I said before Glenn

This should have been taken up at the FF - it was the club who gave him the bloody thing in the first place - get them to take it back off him.

No we can't blame the guy ( Billy?) for trying but we need to let him no its an embarrassment and he would be better off using his time to play it a Girls Aloud concert where it just might blend in a bit better laugh.gif

Edited by CAPT KAYOS

This should have been taken up at the FF - it was the club who gave him the bloody thing in the first place - get them to take it back off him.

It has been, and will be every time I get the opportunity. I appear to be in a minority however.

Unfortunately, the chairman is also a Blackburn End Drummer, and Billy doesnt seem to let concerns about how popular his drumming is bother him (so long as he gets his free ticket).

One thing he does know is that he would get a "warm" welcome if he came near my seat in the Blackburn End.

Nothing against the bloke but the drumming does interfere with the singing.

He seems to just thump the thing rather than try to get a rythmn out of it.

I go to more away games than home and the singing is just better away. What more can I say.

PS Was it too early to sing Jingle Bells on Saturday? I'm a firm believer that Christmas starts in December but I made an exception this weekend.

I'm pretty indifferent about the drummer but I'm full of admiration for anyone who is prepared to beat his hands raw every game for the team.

If his hands are raw then it serves him right for the misery he inflicts on thousands of ears .

I wouldn't mind if he could beat the bloody thing with any kind of rhythm . But he can't . Get rid .

It has been, and will be every time I get the opportunity. I appear to be in a minority however.

Unfortunately, the chairman is also a Blackburn End Drummer, and Billy doesnt seem to let concerns about how popular his drumming is bother him (so long as he gets his free ticket).

Make him bloody pay like everyone else!

Does he also get first choice for away games????

tinykit.gifcool.gif

Some friends of mine are spurs fans and are attending saturdays game. The first thing they asked is "have you still got that pathetic annoying drummer?" Am I alone on this forum in believing that the drummer is making our fans and atmosphere a laughing stock? Some mates of mine refuse to go on ewood these days because of the 'kiddy' atmosphere there is now. Any proper footy songs we usually start singing (eg no nay never or u r my sunshine) are usually drowned out by that clown banging 'get into em', the worst chant in the history of chants! Plus, particularly at away games, we are more vocal without the drummer.

I think its time we got rid of the drum! Its time we recreated the partisan atmosphere of ewood in the past!

BAN THE DRUMMER! mad.gif

I can't comment to much, as I have only been to a couple of live games. But on the tele, it sounds terrible.

Absolutely spot on mate. Except I would go further than that and describe it as totally and utterly embarrassing.

It is more of a hinderance to the atmosphere than a help.

Only about 20-30 of them but clean, tuneful and powerful vocals - they might need lyric sheets for some chants (eg for the Blackburn Infantry, I was born etc) and there might be some potential away fans amongst their number but it's got to be worth a shot.

mmmmmm ...blackburn infrinty??and clean??

"stands a 6 ft zulu warrier being f.......lalala

billy?known him for years ...he knows if he comes nr us his stick will be used like a RAMPANT RABBIT IN A NUNS BOUDOIR!!

It would be amazing to re-inctroduce songs like 'blacburn infantry' but i cannot understand why the drummer continues to participate in home games!

He's clearly not wanted at all, but yet still gets a thrill from being on camera every season and being able to run up and down the touchline during the game.

No doubt this will be seen as a personal insult and removed, but it had to be said...Go and bang for Burnley

Just a reminder guys wink.gif

One question for all the critics, how is it we never hear any of these classic songs and chants? The drummer probably only plays for 20 minutes at most in a game. Leaves you 70 minutes to prove your point - will we hear you on Saturday? I shall be all ears ...... but I don't think I'll be surprised.

In some ways I'm glad we have a drummer and then I'm not.

The drummer is good when the atmosphere is dead and encourages all fans to get into it with basic barmy army chants.

But there are times where fans start to chant something, then the drummer drains it out with a massive thud.

Sounds awful on the highlights though.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.