BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Rovers 0 Everton 0

philipl

The journo would presumably have been given a club parking spot for free and is doing nothing other than having the usual media pop at Rovers.

Mr Hopps travelled from North Yorkshire, with the brother of my step-father, who parked some way up LBR, opposite the former Rocket garage.

• Replies 226
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

While I wasn't at the game, since Hughes has taken the managers post at Rovers, I have picked up that he is very reluctant to make any kind of tactical changes or substitutions until it's too late to make a real impact, if at all. All too often we have been crying out for a change up front or even in midfield and Hughes just runs down the clock. We may be in a relegation fight but from my observations I would say he more after securing a point then going for all three, whoever we play. I do think he is a very good manager, but I hope he becomes slightly more adventurous in the future.

On the match day parking thing:

The local authorities who have Liverpool, Everton, Manchester City, The Red Scum, and even Stockport County all have parking schemes for match days.

They all have an obvious problem with parking on match days and they all have to address it the best they can without upsetting the locals and the fans. There is no simple solution.

The Transport Planning Group of my firm have apparently come up with a successful solution to Wolverhampton Wanderer's matchday parking solution.

They did a presentation in our theatre but I didn't go. Perhaps Blackburn Council can get in touch with us!

• 4 months later...

So will YOU take me up on the bet?

Love to - shall we say a tenner?

Was thinking a little more than a tenner. £50?

No probs. I'd have thought £50 would be about a months wages for someone from Ossy biggrin.gif but, if you're prepared to not eat for a month then I'll gladly take it off your hands.

£50 bet - Everton to finish 6th or higher. May the best man win. thumbs-up.gif

I believe that Everton can't finish any lower than 6th now.

I'll accept cash or cheque - but no credit cards please. thumbs-up.gif and I intend to donate all my winnings to den. thumbs-up.gif

....and I intend to donate all my winnings to den. thumbs-up.gif

I'd just like to point out that I didn't write that last bit. I have no intention of doing anything other than giving them to Ste B so he can ###### it up against a wall.

Edited by Ste B

....and I intend to donate all my winnings to den. thumbs-up.gif

I'd just like to point out that I didn't write that last bit. I have no intention of doing anything other than giving them to Ste B so he can ###### it up against a wall.

I don't know why but I just can't stop laughing at this.

laugh.gif

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
I think I can manage £50  laugh.gif

If you've got a paypal account I'll send it to you now........

Or if you prefer cheque Pm me an address, up to you.

316455[/snapback]

Still not got the money. Ossydave is clearly all mouth and no trousers.

Mr OssyDave seems to have disappeared and hasn't posted since his "I think I can manage £50" comment on May 16th - nearly a month ago.

If you have a bet with someone, you should be prepared to pay up. Raid the piggy bank, cash in the savings, sell the shares or whatever - but you should damn well come up with the money.

Poor show from Dave....

I had a similar situation a few years ago, when a former "mate" of mine had a £50 football bet with me that Rovers wouldn't get automatic promotion in 2001. (He thought we'd only reach the play-offs.)

The cheeky bugger didn't pay up when we finished 2nd.

It used to be said that "An Englishman's word is his bond."

Sadly that's no longer the case....

Edited by Anti Euro Smiths Fan

I had one with my mate at school on various sporting events double or quits £5 at first i got up to £40 when rovers won the league cup! Had to let him off £20 as he was skint but i did get £20 out of it laugh.gif

Show your face ozzydave! rover.gif

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.