SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Rovers 0 Everton 0

philipl

• Replies 226
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If as many posters have been asserting, the Rovers squad is not that much different from Everton's, this is going to be a massive test of Mark Hughes' skill, tactical awareness and man management. I still don't think we will get anything out of this game but I will be fascinated to read how it went.

PS Is it being shown on any foreign channels- the web sites I usually use to check these things seem to be down at the moment.

PPS Got my new keyboard so I can do , and . again!

Sadly i agree with alot of people i think Everton will win as they have been consistant all this season plus they have a couple of ex-rovers players who will be keen to impress Bent, Carsley.

Our home form is poor to say the least its gonna be a tough day today.

1-0 Everton

If we win (i hope) i will be the first to hold my hand up and congratulate the team.

If as many posters have been asserting, the Rovers squad is not that much different from Everton's, this is going to be a massive test of Mark Hughes' skill, tactical awareness and man management. I still don't think we will get anything out of this game but I will be fascinated to read how it went.

PS Is it being shown on any foreign channels- the web sites I usually use to check these things seem to be down at the moment.

PPS Got my new keyboard so I can do , and . again!

It's on Canal+ Sport in Scandinavia.

Rovers are unchanged from the game last week:

Friedal

Neill Todd Short Matteo

Reid Flitcroft Ferguson Emerton

Dickov Bothroyd

Bench: Enckleman, Johansson, Stead, Gallagher, Pedersen

Hughes obviously thought that the team did well enough last week. For once, maybe Matteo's inclusion could be justified, when you consider how big and strong Everton are. Good to see Pedersen getting on the bench, even though there isn't much else that Hughes could have looked to in the rest of the squad.

2 more points dropped.

id like to see someone here say it was a good result cause we didnt lose. mad.gif

oh ya we were playing the team 2nd in the league.

15 points,tied with norwich.

when are we ever gonna get some wins from!!!

blasted post in injury time screwed us.looked like we dominated the game,just cant put goals away.

at least the performances are getting better,other than the garbage against spurs,who are on the up btw.

ok I don't get it. Yes, Gally was in an offside position when Ferguson played the ball, but Martyn spilled the shot and then Gally scored. So how is that offside ? I thought it didn't matter if you're in an offside position if the opponment's player last touches the ball. I really need to freshen up on the new offside rules.

and damn that post at the end !!! mad.gif

We played very good, Emerton especially did great, the team as a whole is working very well together. I think we deserved the win, and we would have if we had made just a few more chances. (alot of the ones we did make fell to Flitcroft, but he wasted them) Everton are very organized and have a good defence but they're nothing special really. I still don't see why they're 2nd in the premiership, they don't even look better than us.

For the past few games I've watched Rovers we've been better than the opposition, we're definitely improving, but the results haven't reflected that. We're trying very hard, even the defence is starting to look more solid, for the first time in a long time. If we continue playing like this we should be fine, but we need to start turning these draws into wins.

Edited by Blue and White

I don't think that we can turn these draws into wins without a decent striker though. We havn't scored for a fair few games now, and to be honest it doesn't really look like we are going to (granted I wasn't at the match). I'm afraid we need a Cole like purchase to get us out of this mess. On the plus side, our defence is looking very solid at present-it's just a shame the boys can't do the job at the other end.

We just don't look like scoring. And unfortunately the chances fall to the wrong people. Flitcroft having a couple, and on a counter attack, Andy Todd of all people had a good shooting opportunity and instead played a poor pass wasting the situation.

Defence looks solid, although Everton aren't really an attacking side. At least we can claim that we were better than the 2nd placed team, but we ought to have won this one.

Really disappointed with that result. I think it showed how even the Premier League can be when we were equal if not better than the team in second place. Turned out to be a scrappy game with two teams who were quick to close each other down so it was hard to retain possession and pass the ball around but Rovers did look the better side throughout, getting most of the ball in the second half and managing to string some passes around eventually. However, we seem to lack confidence and determination in the final third, as well as a lack of quality perhaps. WE really struggled to open up their very solid defence and when we finally did, luck was against us.

Gally's goal was well taken, rounding up a good move that opened up Everton but it was correctly called offside. It did seem to drive Rovers on though and we managed to put the pressure on them for the final few minutes but again, what looked a certain goal from Emerton's shot deflected wide off the post.

I though Mark Hughes was a bit conservative with his subs today. Bothroyd wasn't very impressive and could have come off earlier. I would have liked to see Stead start this game in all honesty. Nissa looked good when he came on and the defence on the whole looked pretty solid. Andy Todd showed bravery and commitment when he stopped Cahill from setting off a counter attack after Todd himself had been fouled. When he didn't get the free kick he promtley threw himself at Cahill's feet, without a though for his own well being and got booked for a cynical foul. But that's what we want to see, commited to the team he did what he had to do and he could have been knocked about quite severly with that dive.

The referee had a poor game, letting lots of questionable challanges go with no yellow cards. In all fairness this happened to be somewhat to our advantage as both Neill and Matteo repeatedly hacked down Everton players in what looked like clear cut yellow card offences. However, it also went against us when a fair penalty shout went against us as Hibbert tackled Dickov, never coming near the ball. It looked like a penalty to me. I don't think though that I've seen a game with so many poor set pieces taken, by both teams but specially by us. It's something that we really need to work on if we want to take points from games like these where we're struggling to make it happen from open play.

I dont think anyone who said rovers would lose can slag the boys off!!

Its certainly not 2 points lost as some fools suggested. Its 1 point gained.

We wont play much better defences than that as well.

We are out of the bottom 3 now and next is soueys all stars. *preparing my giving stick to souness on saturday hat on now*

As solid a performance as you could get this season,if only we could turn these draws into wins!.Surprised at Everton who offered little to be honest,infact they were poor.

Agree, they didnt create anything, and we cant score with div 1 strikers like Dickov and Bothroyd. Btw, Bothroyd was woful today, worst performance I've seen for a long time!

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.