BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Andy Todd

• Replies 98
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I've been as critical about Fergie as anyone but he has made outstanding performances. Against Newcastle for example. He doesn't do it often enough yet for me but I think he'll improve alongside Savage.

Amen.

He has pulled disappearing acts too often in matches this season.

I've been as critical about Fergie as anyone but he has made outstanding performances. Against Newcastle for example. He doesn't do it often enough yet for me but I think he'll improve alongside Savage.

fair enough, I wasn't at the newcastle game. But his reputation still outwieghs his input.

Emerton has been our best midfielder this season IMO.

rover.gif he was the star off our defence again yesterday,apart from the booking when you realise he could fall back into his old ways he has come on leaps and bounds since his indiscretions against brum when he did what every supporter wanted to do,t--watted dugarry tinykit.gif

On most things we agree Scotty.

I like Philipl's description of Todd which was on the lines of a not overly talented player playing to the best of his ability.I can live with that.

During the Radio commentary Todd was mentioned later on and my wife commented that that was the first time she had heard his name and she had not realised he was playing.

Just as the whole world is beginning to commend Todd on his ability I continue to air the opposite position.

I personally feel that Todd not being mentioned by Radio Lancs is a good thing. I don't want my defenders mentioned, 9 out of 10 times a defender is mentioned it's because he's been left on his arse by a striker. Listen to Arsenal on the radio and you will find one of the least mentioned players is Sol Campbell, it doesn't make him a bad player he's just doing the simple things right which is what Todd is doing at the moment. In the last 5 away (league) games we have conceded 1 goal, Todd deserves a lot of praise for that.

On a side note his temperement also seems a lot better now.

I dont think Todd should get captaincy over Bazza, and if he does, not untill next year - he's come good, I dont think his ego needs that much attention, as much as I do think hes a great player.

Lucas Neill on the other hand, I reckon would be a decent captain. But then I thought we shoulda kept Andresen. sad.gif

On most things we agree Scotty.

I like Philipl's description of Todd which was on the lines of a not overly talented player playing to the best of his ability.I can live with that.

During the Radio commentary Todd was mentioned later on and my wife commented that that was the first time she had heard his name and she had not realised he was playing.

Just as the whole world is beginning to commend Todd on his ability I continue to air the opposite position.

the guys been brilliant FACT, theres no agruement, I'm not sure what you mean by ability, he's a centreback, Head Tackle keep ball from going in net.

If you judge player on their passing then I guess that makes Amoruso better then Hendry

I dont think Todd should get captaincy over Bazza, and if he does, not untill next year - he's come good, I dont think his ego needs that much attention, as much as I do think hes a great player.

Lucas Neill on the other hand, I reckon would be a decent captain. But then I thought we shoulda kept Andresen. sad.gif

Far too quiet as a person.

When I was in the changing room before a game a couple of years ago, Lucas was sat quietly in the corner.

He has been brilliant though during our recent upturn in from.

Next week's selection will be interesting with Neill Nelson Mokoena Todd Matteo and Johansson challenging for 4 places.

I have nothing but praise for Andy. Following the run-in with Souness (and I have to say I felt at the time he should not be let back in the team) he has gone about his business with professionalism and has kept his cool in difficult situations. He has often stated his love for Rovers and his desire to stay and play for the club. He's the first name on my team sheet and I was delighted to see him made Captain yesterday.

He has to be the leading contender so far for Player of the Year.

Well done, Andy!

greggy

You weren't there yesterday, were you? The back 4 should stay exactly as it is (unless any of them get suspended) . Neill isn't fit to shine Nelson's shoes, and the only one I'd think about would be Short to replace one of the others- but I'd probably keep him o the bench at the mo. January sale of spare defenders coming up I think! (I'd keep Jay as he's young and defenders don't mature for years)

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.