BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Andy Todd

• Replies 98
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yesterday Todd was, once again, man of the match by far.

He won the Orange award but missed out on the other one. Don't know who awards the Peter Jackson man of the match but they felt it neccessary to give it to Lucas Niell????

With every impressive performance Todd is fast-earning his place in the affections of the fans, yesterday I even heard one or two chants of Toddy Toddy show us your @rse!!

He's now nearly reached the Hendry-esque level of the fans chanting to bear his rear every week - LEGEND.

the way he is playing this season no wonder he was so pee'd off with being dropped for Amo last season, he's been a rock.

Its lucky Souness went when he did, losing Cole a big blow but losing Todd at the moment, not worth thinking about!

Edited by chris

Got to agree , nice having a bit of steel at the back once more.On another note is it me or is matteo looking more like private pile (spl) from full metal jacket

haha now you mention it yes!!! laugh.gif beautiful!

Todd's been brilliant for us when he's played this season. Whenever he has played in a Blue and White shirt he always gives his best.

Todd's been the reason why we have become more solid, like waggy pointed out.

Todd's a commited defender, shown on Soccer AM a few weeks back, attempting to tackle the ball with his head against Everton. biggrin.gif

apparently the peter jackson motm is given out by.... the manager. i read it a while ago that souness used to select the sponsors motm and dont see any reason why that would stop with hughesy in the fold.

Isn't the PJ MoM picked by some people who are guests in an exec box ?

It can't possibly be the manager - it gets announced on the PA at Ewood about 10 seconds after the final whistle, I can assure you that Hughes has got far more important things to do in the previous 90 minutes than ring Gerald Jackson.

apparently the peter jackson motm is given out by.... the manager. i read it a while ago that souness used to select the sponsors motm and dont see any reason why that would stop with hughesy in the fold.

Souness used to be able to decide the Man of the match by virtue of the large number of games he viewed from the stands, maybe. Thankfully Hughesy doesn't seem as inclined to get involved in that sort of thing.

Have to agree, Andy Todd has been brilliant since his return to the 1st team of late, he put in some brilliant tackles in yesterday's match against Charlton and played a massive part in shutting the Addicks out.

I admit I was one of the few who thought he shouldn't have been given the chance to put a blue and white shirt on again after last season's walk-out before Leeds, so I've been eating alot of humble pie recently! That isn't to say I wasn't a fan of his before the incident, I just felt disappointed about the way he nearly let us down when we needed him. On saying that, I think he has made the most of his chances this season and must be one of the 1st names on the team sheet. His performances so far this season have gone a long way to put last season's fall with Souness behind him and a 2nd player of the season award doesn't look beyond his reach.

His performances under Hughes have been exactly what we've needed, considering the position we've been in and a new contract offer is well deserved. After a fully fit Short, I think Todd is probably our most consistent defender and there's not alot more you can ask from your centre halves. I was worried about how we'd replace Short if he retired at the end of this season (I don't see him getting another contract), but now it's obvious that Todd's capable of filling the void and I don't know if Short would get back into the team as easily as he has done on recovery from injury in the past. Todd and Nissa have put in some great displays as a defensive partnership.

(On saying that, I thought Lucas still deserved his MOTM award, because he defended solidly, supported the attacking play well and showed signs of getting back to his best form, which made him one of the better right backs in the premiership)

Percy, agree with you 100% on that post. I was in the let Todd rot for refusing the bench against Leeds camp but obviously things were horribly wrong at the end of the Souness time. Hughes was right to select from the pros available to him and all credit to both Todd and the new management team for how it is working out.

andy todd has been superb since he has been selected by hughesy! i can honestly say he might not be one of the top players in the squad but he certainly has opened my eyes and he has consistent. he has never ducked out of challenges and has gone up against players taller than him such as big dunc ferguson and kevin davies. i saw him at bolton and he handled the pressure superbly and coped well in front of his old club. full credit to him he has cemeted a position at centre half lets hope he keeps performing like this he can only get better and better.

Surprisingly, I wasn't in the "get Andy Todd out of Ewood" camp! Thank goodness good sense has finally come to the management team.

Now if someone could just make sure that no-one can be tempted by the thought of Amoruso in the team (kidnap him or something) I'd be very happy- however I think for you lucky, lucky boys and girls who are going to the asylum known as Ninian Park on Saturday a sighting is highly likely!!

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.