BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Ferguson Hands in Transfer Request

No Nay Never

I hope Moyes comes along.. up the bid, force Rangers into doing the same. (alternatively, sod off and let Ferguson replace Gravesen laugh.gif )

Either way, was sorry to see Barry turning into such a t***, but now that he has done it - good riddance. Thommo can replace him, as long as he stays injury free. Totally agree with whoever it was, btw, the thing McLeish said to SkySports about Blackburn not having much choice if Barry wanted to leave - is a disgrace. "I don't want to talk about other clubs' players" was the last thing we've heard from him.. then shut your mouth!

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Will Rangers do a buy one get one free package ? - with every midfielder comes a quality centre back who can, if all else fails be used to cook food ?

Barry you know it makes sense - take Amo back to the promised land that is Ibrox.

I CANNOT BELIVE THIS PUSSY WHIMP ARSEHOLE!!(SORRY TO B RUDE, BUT I DO NOT GIVE A TOSS THIS TIME!!)

HE ONLY LEFT RANGERS COS HE WANTED TO TRY HIMSELF IM PREMIERSHIP

WHAT DOES HE GET?? A MOVE TO THE PREMIERSHIP AND AS CLOSE CLUB AS POSSIBLE TO SCOTLAND ( OK NEWCASTLE, BUT STILL)

SO THEN HE HOMESICK ( A FEW HRS DRIVE), MY ARSE.. I BET HIS WIFE WHINING OR SUMMIN, BUT FOR GODS SAKE, THIS HIS CAREER AND HE WILL REGRET FOR THE REST OF HIS LIFE.. IF GIVEN THE CHANCE HE SHOULD NOT GIVE UP!!

IF HE GOES TO NEWCASTLE OR WHATEVER THEN HE WOULD BE A RUDE @#/?, INJURD FOR AGES AND WE PAY HIM LOADS WHILST HE WITH US FOR NO TIME AND THE WASTED CONFLICT MAKING HIM CAPTAIN.. I MEAN WHAT MORE COULD THIS GUY ASK FOR?? SERIOUSLY, MAYBE HE WANTS SOUNESSES ARSE... IF HE GOES THERE WILL JUST PROVE HOW SILLY SOUNESS ACTUALLY IS

NO EXCUSE WILL MAKE HIM LOOK GOOD, JUST A FAILURE, HOW CAN HE MAKE THIS DECISION

SO

I HOPE TO GOD WE DO NOT ALLOW HIM TO GO TO ANOTHER PREM CLUB ( UNLESS CHELASE FOR 10 MILL OR SUMMIN, BUT HE TOO CRAP, NE NEVER REALLY CAUGHT ANY PUNDITS EYE OR ANYTHING, JUST NORMAL)

ALSO SEASON TICKET HOLDERS MAINLY HAVE THE RIGHT TO BE ###### OFF ABOUT THIS UNLESS WE GET EVERY PENNY BACK FOR HIM... AND WHY DONT WE MAKE A STANCE SEEING RANGERS WANT HIM AND HE WANTS TO GO, WHY SHOULD WE SELL HIM FOR ANY LESS FOR GODS SAKE SPECIALLY AS THEY JUST GOT MONEY FROM BOUMSONG ( ANY WAY WE CAN COMPLAIN TO THE BOARD ? PLS HAHA)

HE NEVER LOOKED HAPPY IN ROVERS WORLD INTERVIEWS THE GRUMPY OLD FAG

JUST CANNOT BELIEVE A SEEMINGLY SO TOUGH SCOTSMAN COULD BE SUCH A WHIMP??

SORRY I HAD TO VENT, WHO THE HELL HE THINK HE IS DOING THIS TO ROVERS CONSIDERING WE WERE SOOO NICE TO HIM???

ANY FEEDBACK??

Even if we only get £3m - it will still be another £3m above the Savage money for Hughes to work his magic (hopefully).

The BBC are reporting that Blackburn still owe £2.5m on the original transfer, meaning Rangers' insulting £3m is now only worth £500k to the club.

Yet again, the Souness legacy bites us in the arse. mad.gif

AndyC Posted on Jan 18 2005, 14:39 

QUOTE (streakyb @ Jan 18 2005, 14:34 )

QUOTE (philipl @ Jan 18 2005, 14:32 )

I would slap an asking price of £8.5m on the basis that his original price was £7.5m and he is a better player now than he was at Rangers. 

But we overpaid for him to begin with. He is still worth the 4 mil that he was when we bought him. 

I don't think we did overpay at the time.

He was the most highly rated footballer outside the premier league. Was the international captain and had played many games in Europe where he was the best player on the park. Players like that don't come cheap. 

Oh for goodness sake remove the veil from your eyes. He became international captain because Paul Lambert retired. It was a choice between him and Christian Dailly (check the SFA website and you'll see that they each captained a couple of games when Lambert wasn't playing).

"The most highly rated footballer outside the Premiership"? That's a Souness. What about Larsson, Sutton (for two) and then there're the "few" good players in France, Italy, Spain etc.

"Had played many games in Europe when he was the best player in the park". Have you LOOKED at Rangers recent European record? Their results with Barry were never great and I don't even think his mammy would make the claim that on many he was the best player on the park. Some, probably (against Estonians and Luxemburgers) but many? I don't think so.

He was Souness's pet, and was bought for about twice as much as we should have spent. He didn't perform at the price of a top-class midfielder for us, and I'm afraid that's just a fact.

Even if we only get £3m - it will still be another £3m above the Savage money for Hughes to work his magic (hopefully).

The BBC are reporting that Blackburn still owe £2.5m on the original transfer, meaning Rangers' insulting £3m is now only worth £500k to the club.

yourt joking, i'd rather see him rot in the reserves, i doubt thats right, surely its 3 million including the money owe

Ferguson said the situation had got so bad that he even dreaded taking his kids to the local swimming baths for fear of the abuse he would get off Celtic fans.

But now the Ferguson family are looking forward to a quieter life in the North West after swapping Lanarkshire for Lancashire.

And the 25-year-old is viewing his move to Rovers as the chance to make a fresh start on and off the pitch.

Clearly there's not enough sectarian bigotry in the Ribble Valley

yourt joking, i'd rather see him rot in the reserves, i doubt thats right, surely its 3 million including the money owe

nope, here it is straight from the BBC's footy website.BBC football

Bit disappointed with the fickle reactions on here.

First of all Fregie is a great player! (admittedly, he has only showed flashes of this since the injury).

Secondly, no one yet knows the real reason for handing in the transfer request.

It could be family related, if so you have to ADMIRE the guy's bottle because he would know that he would get stick (from all quarters south of the border, as well as one half of Glasgow) for returning to Scotland.

So personally I am going to wait and watch developments before I make any knee jerk comments cool.gif

AndyC Posted on Jan 18 2005, 14:39 

QUOTE (streakyb @ Jan 18 2005, 14:34 )

QUOTE (philipl @ Jan 18 2005, 14:32 )

I would slap an asking price of £8.5m on the basis that his original price was £7.5m and he is a better player now than he was at Rangers. 

But we overpaid for him to begin with. He is still worth the 4 mil that he was when we bought him. 

I don't think we did overpay at the time.

He was the most highly rated footballer outside the premier league. Was the international captain and had played many games in Europe where he was the best player on the park. Players like that don't come cheap. 

You're kidding?? Most highly rated footballer outside the Premiership??

I'm sure I could find around 50 players more "highly rated" in Europe.. Perhaps he was the most highly rated player in the UK outside the Prem, was that the original opinion..?

Roverbath: I think you are wrong there, it doesn't say that at all. It says a 3 million bid was rejected, that 3 million bid included the deletion of our debt. (I'm sure someone can find a link)

Sell him for at least £4m, or put pressure on him to stay. Spend the £4m on Ben Watson plus a striker, and use Thommo as our attacking midfielder.

??

Bit disappointed with the fickle reactions on here.

First of all Fregie is a great player! (admittedly, he has only showed flashes of this since the injury).

Secondly, no one yet knows the real reason for handing in the transfer request.

It could be family related, if so you have to ADMIRE the guy's bottle because he would know that he would get stick (from all quarters south of the border, as well as one half of Glasgow) for returning to Scotland.

So personally I am going to wait and watch developments before I make any knee jerk comments cool.gif

Yeah I'm full of admiration for him - that was exactly my first reaction. dry.gif

Jeez, do you walk round with your fingers in your ears saying "everything's fine" all the time?

I CANNOT BELIVE THIS PUSSY WHIMP ARSEHOLE!!(SORRY TO B RUDE, BUT I DO NOT GIVE A TOSS THIS TIME!!)

HE ONLY LEFT RANGERS COS HE WANTED TO TRY HIMSELF IM PREMIERSHIP

WHAT DOES HE GET?? A MOVE TO THE PREMIERSHIP AND AS CLOSE CLUB AS POSSIBLE TO SCOTLAND ( OK NEWCASTLE, BUT STILL)

SO THEN HE HOMESICK ( A FEW HRS DRIVE), MY ARSE.. I BET HIS WIFE WHINING OR SUMMIN, BUT FOR GODS SAKE, THIS HIS CAREER AND HE WILL REGRET FOR THE REST OF HIS LIFE.. IF GIVEN THE CHANCE HE SHOULD NOT GIVE UP!!

IF HE GOES TO NEWCASTLE OR WHATEVER THEN HE WOULD BE A RUDE @#/?, INJURD FOR AGES AND WE PAY HIM LOADS WHILST HE WITH US FOR NO TIME AND THE WASTED CONFLICT MAKING HIM CAPTAIN.. I MEAN WHAT MORE COULD THIS GUY ASK FOR?? SERIOUSLY, MAYBE HE WANTS SOUNESSES ARSE... IF HE GOES THERE WILL JUST PROVE HOW SILLY SOUNESS ACTUALLY IS

NO EXCUSE WILL MAKE HIM LOOK GOOD, JUST A FAILURE, HOW CAN HE MAKE THIS DECISION

SO

I HOPE TO GOD WE DO NOT ALLOW HIM TO GO TO ANOTHER PREM CLUB ( UNLESS CHELASE FOR 10 MILL OR SUMMIN, BUT HE TOO CRAP, NE NEVER REALLY CAUGHT ANY PUNDITS EYE OR ANYTHING, JUST NORMAL)

ALSO SEASON TICKET HOLDERS MAINLY HAVE THE RIGHT TO BE ###### OFF ABOUT THIS UNLESS WE GET EVERY PENNY BACK FOR HIM... AND WHY DONT WE MAKE A STANCE SEEING RANGERS WANT HIM AND HE WANTS TO GO, WHY SHOULD WE SELL HIM FOR ANY LESS FOR GODS SAKE SPECIALLY AS THEY JUST GOT MONEY FROM BOUMSONG ( ANY WAY WE CAN COMPLAIN TO THE BOARD ? PLS HAHA)

HE NEVER LOOKED HAPPY IN ROVERS WORLD INTERVIEWS THE GRUMPY OLD FAG

JUST CANNOT BELIEVE A SEEMINGLY SO TOUGH SCOTSMAN COULD BE SUCH A WHIMP??

SORRY I HAD TO VENT, WHO THE HELL HE THINK HE IS DOING THIS TO ROVERS CONSIDERING WE WERE SOOO NICE TO HIM???

ANY FEEDBACK??

hee thought it twas me with sausage fingers and caps lock problem laugh.gif

As I understand it, Ferguson wants home to Rangers. In that case it doesn't matter if Newcastle or Everton tries to buy him. Ferguson would have to agree on a personal contract so Rovers cannot force him to go to a club against his wishes. If Rangers are the only club Ferguson are willing to go to, they have all the power when it comes to deciding on a transfer fee.

Roverbath: I think you are wrong there, it doesn't say that at all. It says a 3 million bid was rejected, that 3 million bid included the deletion of our debt. (I'm sure someone can find a link)

Well I hope you're right. I was only quoting from the one news report.

Scotty (Oh mighty one!) Please point out where I have even intimated everything is fine.

I feel I am just a little more objective than most cool.gif

You can just call me Scotty.

Objective my arse - usual blinkered rubbish.

OK if me waiting for the facts to come out is blinkered then so be it. I bow to your superior judgement! dry.gif

If there's a chance we might get more than the £4m he's "really" worth, why shouldn't we take it? As the selling club our goal is to get the most money possible, regardless of what he's ACTUALLY worth. Nothing wrong with setting the asking price at £6m+ and just wait. If Rangers really want him, they'll up their £3m bid. I doubt we'll get £6m+, but £5m isn't out of the question.

TDI, I feel that that is spin-doctoring that would put Alistair Campbell to shame.

How can you admire the bottle of one of our own players in handing in a transfer request? He never showed any bottle on the park and he hasn't shown any here by scuttling off to a poorer league because he can't hack it here. Let's face it, he's been upstaged by far greater talents, and hasn't responded to the challenge.

As for finding out the real reasons for the transfer request, we'll simply never know, we just have to use our intuition.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.