BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Ferguson Hands in Transfer Request

No Nay Never

Well just thought lets say our selling price is 6.5 million, which I think is probably about right taking all into consideration.

If we sell him now 6.5 million

Rangers can cancel the 2.5 million payment supposed to be made in august

Give us 2.5 million now

1 million come july 1st

*I've substracted 500,000. Taking into consideration how much we would save in wages between now and July if he were to leave this week, thinking that we are paying him around 30k, and then also adding on a bit more just to make the deal better for us.

If we sell in the summer, with him leaving july first

6.5 million

Cancel the 2.5 million

4 million up front

For me that is the sort of deal that I would accept to see, well either of those. I wouldn't complain if those are the terms on which he left. Oh and perhaps a 50% sell on clause? Knowing souness that means we could be in for about 10 million in 6 months time.

biggrin.gif

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Scotty

a little bit more for the Thatcher line.

Yes his house did get burgled twice, on the 3rd occasion he actually did a "Fergie" and dished out some summary punishment.

Following that "indiscretion" he was threatened by some low life for beating his mate up in front of his partner.

That is the real reason behind him wanting out on mankchester

I have had a chuckle to myself having really enjoyed Dado's pop at me.

The reaction over Stefan Klos is so typical of the supporter of a little club who is scared a big club will come in for a star player.

There is no doubt that the likes of Arsenal and Man U had him watched and that probably his age (33) was a determining factor in them not moving for him. Had they done so, the prospect of playing in the Premiership, as close to guarranteed Champs League later stages each year as you can get and at least a 50% jump in wages (despite being one of Rangers' highest earners) would have been tempting.

Set against that, turning down Advocaat at Monchoengladbac to stay at Rangers bears no comparisson.

Make no mistake, financially Rangers are a little club, under financed and facing cripplingly bad trading conditions- £29m annual losses tend to recur, especially if you lose one third of your income by getting knocked out in the Champs League preliminaries.

Every one of the 20 English Premier League clubs will have a higher revenue than Rangers this season.

Quite probably, Rangers turn over in the current season will dip below £30m.

That would make Rangers only 60% to 70% the size of Blackburn Rovers.

Newcastle are three times bigger than Rangers.

Arsenal four times bigger

Chelsea have a new sponsorship deal which will be about the same size as the whole of Rangers football club.

Oh and Manchester United are more than six times as big as Rangers.

I still expect that Rangers' extremely weak financial position will result in them failing to find the cash to tempt Rovers to sell Ferguson.

"Stefan is not looking left of right - he is 100 percent a Rangers man. He is only interested in playing for Rangers for the rest of his career".

Doesn't that sound very similar to

"I'm loving it at Blackburn and, hopefully, I can stay here for a few more years yet. I definitely see my future here. The main thing is that I'm happy and my family is happy. I'm really enjoying it here."

Now obviously as you've met Klos and you know he's a Rangers man there's probably a bigger chance that he's actually being sincere. But you should never trust a footballer when he says he's "definitely" doing something wink.gif

Amen to that Lathund.

I trust what a footballer says to the media regarding his family about as much as I trust Donald Rumsfeld.

Dado - I admire your optimism wink.gif

I've met Stefan on numerous occassions and enjoyed upteen chats with the guy.

He is one of the genuine good guys in football. He feels extremely settled here and has no desire to move. I think the term he used once was "in with the bricks". He could have walked on a Bosman last summer, but signed a new deal to 2007 and has already indicated an extension may be signed.

I'm not at all "scared" of Stefan going anywhere ... I know the man's character. Let me know when you next speak to him Phil, I'll try and have a word with him on Saturday before the game.

The simple fact is that you give the impression you know everything about my Club, which you don't. It's no wonder the reports and information about Scottish clubs is so vague with people like yourself posting sensationalist comments about players, etc.

And to claim you "scanned" the Scottish papers, sorry but I had to wipe a tear from my eye due to laughing ... my sides have not hurt so much in a long time. Cheers. laugh.gif

Anyway Phil, the reason why the ENTIRE Premiership will be better off is, as I said before, Sky's money. Each Club, under the deal due to expire in 2007, earns £20 million or so per season.

However, one report on the Premiership is slightly worrying.

The intial deal was worth £1.1 billion or so and paid for 66 live games.

The current deal was worth around £1 billion for 133 live games or so.

The new deal, will be lower in value, and will be for yet more games.

More games for Sky with less money being paid out.

I cannot remember the exact numbers, but there is a trend in less cash to the clubs and league for more live games. By comparison, the SPL clubs are lucky to receive £1.5 million per season for TV from the Setanta Sports PPV channel deal we signed in pre season.

No wonder we're worse off.

Edited by Dado_Prso_9

Yes you are paupers.

The dingles will get as much for their domestic football coverage as Rangers do (for a superior product).

As for the Sky deal, there is a new EU Commission in place and a monpoly deal has just been allowed through for French football. I thought the original deal negotiated with Sky hit the right balance between coverage and payments but that got upset by a wierd interpretation of sporting IP rights by the EU Competition Commissioner who really didn't understand what he was doing.

It is possible that the EPL could succeed in putting that particular genie back in the bottle.

Even if that doesn't happen, the economics of EPL broadcasting are such that the degradation in revenues will perhaps be 10% at most- the decline in domestic TV revenues being partly offset by the explosion in overseas payments. At the moment, the EPL earns a touch under £200m pa from global TV sales. Here in Malta, I can watch EPL games on Sky but also Maltese, Italian, Tunisian, Egyptian and Turkish TV channels.

We get to see Maltese, Italian, African, Spanish and Turkish football on TV but EPL dominates. I saw something which I thought might have been SPL once but it turned out to be the Iceland v Norway women's international.

In the next round of broadcast negotiations, the Chinese are likely to start paying big numbers for EPL games.

Ferguson - spoilt brat who's unable or not willing to hack it in the PL.

Sums up the situation well Paul - more succinctly than my long rants....

Maybe but nowhere near as entertaining! smile.gif

The latest from Bonnie Scotland.

I won't risk a flaming by telling you what I read in a number of Scottish sources- you can read it yourself!

Everton emerging empty handed from yet another transfer attempt worries me far more than Rangers earning £500K from forcing out a clearly upset Serb.

Rangers have not budged off offering £3m by the way.

Yes.

But JW is saying £6m guarranteed.

That last word is important because the contractual terms are going to be very important- if Rangers find the £6m, it will push them significantly closer to insolvency in the event of them not making it to Champs League Group Stage next season.

The latest from Bonnie Scotland.

I won't risk a flaming by telling you what I read in a number of Scottish sources- you can read it yourself!

Everton emerging empty handed from yet another transfer attempt worries me far more than Rangers earning £500K from forcing out a clearly upset Serb.

Rangers have not budged off offering £3m by the way.

is the middlesborough chief scout THE Don Mackay? If he's helping Rangers raise the money then thanks Don!

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.