SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Ferguson Hands in Transfer Request

No Nay Never

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ferguson due to hold showdown talk. He thinks rovers were asking an unreasonable sum.

L.E.T.

He would be better advised to ask Murray why they provoked him into asking for a transfer, then wouldn't/couldn't pay the fee.

This is disgraceful!

I hate to say it but Hughes has to be very careful with this. As he on our books we need him to play, we cannot have him sitting around for the next six months. Despite what Jan says he is a good player and will be far more effective than Thompson or Flitcroft.

If the LET article is accurate what he has done is disgusting, but what can we do? Phone up Rangers and tell them we will take the four million after all? No way...

Ferguson due to hold showdown talk. He thinks rovers were asking an unreasonable sum.

L.E.T.

He would be better advised to ask Murray why they provoked him into asking for a transfer, then wouldn't/couldn't pay the fee.

This is disgraceful!

To be fair, the article does Ferguson no justice, and gives the impression that he is going to barge into Williams' office with guns blazing.

The "showdown talk" might very well be a simple and friendly re-evaluation of the situation.

However, I am still angry by what has gone on. Ferguson has trigged this sad scenario when the transfer was hardly a possibility to begin with, while Viola and Rangers have pulled the strings without being able to perform the final act.

Edited by James No. 7

I have had a very interesting exchange with dado prso (the lad with whom so many have a problem with - PHIL !! wink.gif ) and he has given me an insight into the working and financial straits Rangers found themselves in.

I dont believe the way the article in the LET will be the ranting of a Scotsman unhappy with his lot, after all Rovers HAVE granted his wish its just that Rangers and Rangers alone have failed to show the required love and attention as well as the transfer fee and it is them who have let him down.

Rovers hold the better hand and I have seen the various thoughts of our members on having an unhappy player on the books. I dont subscribe to that view. Rovers pay his wages, Rovers have his registration and Rovers are the employers. If Fergie decided to play it unprofessionally then he loses wages, he loses bonuses, he loses his general fees and any other contractual payment he would have got. I dont see he has anything to gain in that kind of stance. Another point is that Mark Hughes appears to be a very good man manager who is more than capable of giving the required TLC to him to put him straight.

Maybe he will have to wait for the Summer as Den suggested to get his move.

Rovers have more pressing work to get on with like the signing of a striker to take the strain of our toothless attackers (Dickov excluded).

dado, thanks for the email. I agree entirely with your thoughts biggrin.gif I am sure you know what I mean ohmy.gif

Although Ferguson is a idiot for handing in a transfer request, I'm glad it looks as though he's staying, he is definately one of our best players and we definately missed him against Bolton. Him and Savage in centre midfield looks like a good combination to me! Or maybe with Thommo

Viola says he will "work on this deal until the window closes on Monday night".

There could be some twists yet, and with Klos being ruled out for the remainder of the season, Murray could yet act to remove some of the clouds which have gathered over Govan today.

Also, Iain King in the Scottish Sun published his conversation with Ferguson at 2pm yesterday.

He said: "I've been listening to Scottish radio shows and phone-in's to hear what the Rangers fan think of me coming home. I also hear people question my ambition but I want to come home, it's that simple. I want to scream down the radio and tell everyone it's that simple.

He was also relishing telling the Rangers fans the truth at the signing press conference and wanted to play 45 minutes on Saturday to warm him up for the Cup semi final on Tuesday night.

It's painful reading for a boy who's one of our own. The sooner he's home the better. He's not worth £6m, he never was. Rovers should hold out for £4.5, be it in clauses or not, and let the boy come home.

No doubt, none of you will show any compassion for this, but as I said ... he's a Glesga boy.

From the LET article.........

"The whole situation leaves Ferguson in a tricky position and he was due to hold showdown talks with Hughes today. He feels Rovers have slapped an unfair price on his head, which is scuppering his hopes of an Ibrox return."

I assume the 'tricky position' being that the builders suppliers have put him on stop till his a/c is settled and all his builders have just walked off the site and won't return until their wages are paid in full as he promised they would be by this Fri! wink.gif

(that's No 7 btw)

The simple facts are:

1) Viola informs Rangers of Fergusons' "unrest".

2) Rangers lodge bid of £3m.

3) £3m bid rejected as derisory.

4) Ferguson hands in transfer request, probably on Viola's advice

5) Rangers bid £3m plus Ball, this is rejected.

6) Rangers lodge "final" bid worth £4m.

7) Final bid rejected.

8) Rangers declare deal as "dead" on the Official website.

The Barry Ferguson deal is DEAD.

So you're saying it's not dead? I'm confused withstupid.gif

Last night I honestly thought it was mate ... it looked dead and buried.

However, Viola's public comments suggest it's alive, albeit on life support.

It appears some people on here also think he'll be gone by Monday evening. We'll see soon enough ... although the "respected media source" on here who is "never wrong with transfer news", just was.

I don't see Ferguson undergoing his medical ... do you?

Viola says he will "work on this deal until the window closes on Monday night".

There could be some twists yet, and with Klos being ruled out for the remainder of the season, Murray could yet act to remove some of the clouds which have gathered over Govan today.

Also, Iain King in the Scottish Sun published his conversation with Ferguson at 2pm yesterday.

He said: "I've been listening to Scottish radio shows and phone-in's to hear what the Rangers fan think of me coming home. I also hear people question my ambition but I want to come home, it's that simple. I want to scream down the radio and tell everyone it's that simple.

He was also relishing telling the Rangers fans the truth at the signing press conference and wanted to play 45 minutes on Saturday to warm him up for the Cup semi final on Tuesday night.

It's painful reading for a boy who's one of our own. The sooner he's home the better. He's not worth £6m, he never was. Rovers should hold out for £4.5, be it in clauses or not, and let the boy come home.

No doubt, none of you will show any compassion for this, but as I said ... he's a Glesga boy.

Is he bollax! He's a spoilt mard-arsed puff!

Whats happened to you lot? 'Proper' Glasgow boys who used to come down here to play footy in the 40 or so post war years were tough, mature grown men and bloody hard with it! Not only that but in the main they were damned good footballers too. They constituted a perpetual Scotland team that would never have been the laughing stock of European football, and would have cut their knobs off and put em in the haggis rather than capitulate to the Faroe Islands ffs! And in those days Glasgow was a days travel away not 2 hours up the M6! Check your footballing history and be proud, Mackay, Bremner, Docherty, Baxter, Law, Dalgleish, Shankly, Scoular, White,Souness, Gemmill and others of the same kidney. Then after that compare the behaviour, stature and bearing of the captain of your country and you gotta admit he's just a frickin PUFF!

Edited by thenodrog

He's not worth £6m, he never was. Rovers should hold out for £4.5, be it in clauses or not, and let the boy come home.

We'll hold out for what we think is a fair price. I don't care if he wants his teddy, his needs come second to our finances in this case.

What a puff!

I love reading your lot's reaction:

If he stays its: we missed him against Bolton, a partnership with Savage could be brilliant, etc.

If he goes, or mentions his love for Rangers: he's a puff, he's lacking in ambition.

The SPL might be inferior the Premiership, albeit through Sky's funding, but he wants to come home to HIS team. And if you can't see that, then more fool you.

You don't deserve Barry, the way you turn on him as each report comes in is pathetic.

I can only agree with Mr Dado_Prso_9 that the who people are turning on Ferguson because he wants to return to Glasgow are being mindlessly hypocritical. As I said before, he's putting his family ahead of his career - and who wouldn't?

BTW - If Barry is a 'puff' for being homesick and caring about his family who also want to go back, Robbie Savage is a greedy, devious, Afghan hound, uber-puff.

But I don't see any Rovers fans accusing him of being that.

Edited by rover6

If he stays its: we missed him against Bolton, a partnership with Savage could be brilliant, etc.

If he goes, or mentions his love for Rangers: he's a puff, he's lacking in ambition.

The SPL might be inferior the Premiership, albeit through Sky's funding, but he wants to come home to HIS team. And if you can't see that, then more fool you.

You don't deserve Barry, the way you turn on him as each report comes in is pathetic.

He's still a puff, you're a puff, Murrays a puff and Viola's a puff and if you want him then simply pay up or shut up, its all down to you lot of Scottish PUFFS.

Yep dado with you there these people do not know what they want.

Probably championship football next season is what they will get.

I watched there team on monday they were poor and badly need a main striker,if they had sold fergie then they could probably have gotten one before monday but i doubt it now.

Oh and bye the way could not believe that that ref gave the penalty against them,we thought our refs were bad

No. We are Blackburn Rovers Football Club fans.

We want all our players to care about our club as much as we do. We are a proud club with huge tradition who have punched above our weight for too long.

If Barry doesn't want to wear the blue and white halves, I hope one day in Glasgow he'll wake up and regret this sorry episide.

He's still a puff, you're a puff, Murrays a puff and Viola's a puff and if you want him then simply pay up or shut up, its all down to you lot of Scottish PUFFS.

Oh grow up you f**king idiot .... come back when you can post like an adult.

No. We are Blackburn Rovers Football Club fans.

We want all our players to care about our club as much as we do. We are a proud club with huge tradition who have punched above our weight for too long.

If Barry doesn't want to wear the blue and white halves, I hope one day in Glasgow he'll wake up and regret this sorry episide.

We want all our players to care about our club as much as we do.

So, while using this to determine the criteria required to play for Rovers, you still cannot understand why Ferguson wants home to Ibrox?

Thank you.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.