SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Ferguson Hands in Transfer Request

No Nay Never

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ferguson is NOT doing a Savage and looking to leave through greed. He's doing it for the benefit of his family and his own well-being. I think Rovers fans are being fickle if they expect Barry to put his Rovers career over his own well-being.

And all you Rovers fans accusing Ferguson of being a puff or whatever - I expect you to show consistency and condemn Savage for being a devious, greedy, loyalty-deficient, uber-puff.

Edited by rover6

So, while using this to determine the criteria required to play for Rovers, you still cannot understand why Ferguson wants home to Ibrox?

Thank you.

You're not the sharpest tool in the box are you?

Read my most again.....with feeling ph34r.gif

Yes, I understand what you mean. Ferguson does not want to play for Rovers, and you only want players who do.

But at the same time, you question his decision to want a return to Rangers.

take out the money equation and what do you have ?

a Rangers outfit that is NOT pulling out all the stops for a "star" player.

They now have a more pressing urgency in another department and that is the goalkeeping position. they do not have an adequate replacement for Klos who as we all know Jan pointed out is the only reason why Rangers are currently second in the SPL, IF he was out any earlier then they would be below Hearts and Aberdeen.

The re-signing of Ferguson guarantees them absolutley NOTHING.

If Rangers want him they will pay the going rate

But at the same time, you question his decision to want a return to Rangers.

Yeah man, I agree with you on that.

Guy's....

He doesn't want to play for us, lets get £6M now and be done with it. As long as we finish above Southampton we'll stay up and I reckon we can manage that with the current squad.

Bye Bazza and thanks....

I can only agree with Mr Dado_Prso_9 that the people are turning on Ferguson because he wants to return to Glasgow are being hypocritical. As I said before, he's putting his family ahead of his career - and who wouldn't?

ME!

Thank ferk I married a woman that supports me for the good of the family rather than undermines me.

Rover 6 have you been paying attention? Whether Savage is also a puff or not is irrelevant cos we behaved with dignity in a proper fashion and paid full price for him. If Rangers can or would do the same or similar he can go with pleasure. But they are trying to shaft us nothing more, nothing less. They even want us to take more of the 2nd rate never- has-beens that have only signed for em cos no one else wants them.... I mean who with any talent and ambition would want to play in modern Scottish football ffs? (btw Larssen was a complete one off). The shyster Murray tries to convince us that footballers values have dropped in the last two years just days after selling free transfer Boumsong for 8million! Well ###### to you matey! For placing some half arsed johnny foreigner defender at double the value of the national captain the man should be reviled up there.

Our bid was backed by hard finance. Sky has transformed the once scottish giants into modern day pygmies but the sad sweaties have not the intellect to accept that. Sooner or later they will have to.

BTW - If Barry is a 'puff' for being homesick and caring about his family who also want to go back, Robbie Savage is a greedy, devious, Afghan hound, uber-puff.

But I don't see any Rovers fans accusing him of being that.

I've seen you doing it. But I guess that last line still applies! tongue.gif

The SPL might be inferior the Premiership, albeit through Sky's funding

You don't deserve Barry, the way you turn on him as each report comes in is pathetic.

Just a slight point - the Scottish League always has been and always will be inferior to the English regardless of who is putting the money in.

Barry Ferguson is not up to the English Prem and that has been my opinion since his first game, not just because he wants to leave. The fact is he knows it too and that is why he is running off home to play against the likes of the mighty Kilmarnock and the Wee Jock McPloppy Arms every week.

Whether we deserve Barry or not, he certainly doesn't deserve us.

take out the money equation and what do you have ?

a Rangers outfit that is NOT pulling out all the stops for a "star" player.

They now have a more pressing urgency in another department and that is the goalkeeping position. they do not have an adequate replacement for Klos who as we all know Jan pointed out is the only reason why Rangers are currently second in the SPL, IF he was out any earlier then they would be below Hearts and Aberdeen.

The re-signing of Ferguson guarantees them absolutley NOTHING.

If Rangers want him they will pay the going rate

Did you pay the going rate for savage?

£4M is the going rate for a midfielder who has had a bad knee injury.

I dont understand the problem

you still owe rangers 1/3 of the transfer fee from when u bought him 18 months ago, rangers are willing to wipe the debt away and offer the difference to what u paid for him back then

£4 - £4.5 million is a good deal for a player who doesnt want to play for you, we should know smile.gif

Guy's....

He doesn't want to play for us, lets get £6M now and be done with it.

Pay attention Alex. They wont pay 6m they want to steal him!

Must be a traditional Scottish thing..... always trying to get summert for nowt out of people this side of the border is obviously based on centuries of us continually subsidising their entire existance.

...... has Murray the Jock tried making 6 bids yet? laugh.gif

I can only agree with Mr Dado_Prso_9 that the people are turning on Ferguson because he wants to return to Glasgow are being hypocritical. As I said before, he's putting his family ahead of his career - and who wouldn't?

ME!

Thank ferk I married a woman that supports me for the good of the family rather than undermines me.

Rover 6 have you been paying attention? Whether Savage is also a puff or not is irrelevant cos we behaved with dignity in a proper fashion and paid full price for him. If Rangers can or would do the same or similar he can go with pleasure. But they are trying to shaft us nothing more, nothing less. They even want us to take more of the 2nd rate never- has-beens that have only signed for em cos no one else wants them.... I mean who with any talent and ambition would want to play in modern Scottish football ffs? (btw Larssen was a complete one off). The shyster Murray tries to convince us that footballers values have dropped in the last two years just days after selling free transfer Boumsong for 8million! Well ###### to you matey! For placing some half arsed johnny foreigner defender at double the value of the national captain the man should be reviled up there.

Our bid was backed by hard finance. Sky has transformed the once scottish giants into modern day pygmies but the sad sweaties have not the intellect to accept that. Sooner or later they will have to.

Thenodrog, take a few deep breaths...it might help.

I was suggesting that if you condemn Ferguson, then you have to condemn Savage who did something similar to Birmingham.

David Murray is being an annoying, sanctimonious prat - but since when has acting genuinely got anyone anywhere in the murky world of football transfers? He's trying to get the best for Rangers and I'm afraid he thinks he can do that by spewing crap.

But after selling Boumsong for 8 million, Amoruso for 1.7 million and Barry Ferguson for nearly 7 million - the man knows what he's doing - give him that.

difference is savage went around the training ground crying like a baby and if that wasnt bad enough the players had to deal with his missus moaning and shouting all the time smile.gif

i think ferguson is professional enough to realise he might have to play for blackburn again this season then leave in the summer

something savage could not comprehend

remember nicky butt last january smile.gif

Are they?

are rangers just offering £4 million and expecting the £2.5 milion to be paid back ?

are they mad !!!

Well I would have thought so seeing as the club put a £6m price tag on him, if Rangers had offered £4m plus the outstanding then it would be £6.5m and thanks very much.

are all these scots on smack

like tearing up barry freguson's contract and letting him walk away on a free

rangers have sold a good £20 million worth of players since beginning of last season!!! why are they being so tight !!

reminds me of you lot when u sold all ya best players and replaced em with unproven talent, ie reid

wouldnt be suprised if this bellamy thing goes through newcastle might rush a deal through for ferguson

Edited by Izzitnot

I'm not going to look through the last 63 pages but I think I've been pretty consistent as well.

An averagely-talented Scottish gaylord. Tada.

So thats why you paid all that money for him???????????

You'll have to ask Graeme Souness about that. The rest of us are puzzled.

Mark Hughes' comments on the Ferguson situation this evening. The welcome back door is very wide open.

I went out for a pleasant evening and came home to all this fun!

Nobody is saying that Rovers have done anything but act in a quiet, restrained and civilised manner.

If Viola, Ferguson and Rangers think they can now turn nasty without risks and consequences, they massively underestimate what Rovers can do to them. In fact the words "Make my day, punk" come to mind.

On the basis that Murray and Viola thought £440,000 plus cancellation of a debt not due for the best part of nine months would be enticing for the Walker Trust, I suppose any sort of miscalculation is possible from north of the border.

Edited by philipl

So what happens now then!

We have rejected an offer for a player who no longer wants to play for us, but wants to go home to his beloved Glasgow.

Too many memories of Shearer for my liking, but and this is a big but, it does appear that Ferguson is going nowhere for the time being. So what do we do?

Go in a sulk, start crying the the media about how Fergie doesn't want to play for us anymore and let him rot in the reserves while still paying him 40.000 per week?

Bring him back into the squad knowing that every failed pass, every wrong ball and he will be slaughtered by the oh so forgiving Ewood faithful?

Support him if he plays, getting behind the lads right now is vital, and there can be no proof that he is disrupting the squad?

Or let him go for 4million, knowing that whatever we save on wages will probably towards the end of the season amass to 6million anyway, and go and buy a decent centre forward for that?

You decide.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.