BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Ferguson Hands in Transfer Request

No Nay Never

Oh Theno, I think you'll find the Scottish oil has been a rather important contribution to UK PLC's coffers over the last thirty years.

They haven't got any...... its British oil.

All them jocks dont earn a good living fighting in the Scottish army do they?

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

New offer to be made for Ferguson.

£2m up front, waive the £2.1m, and pay £400k at the end of the season.

Total value of the deal will be £4.5m guaranteed regardless, instead of the £4m "performance based" deal offered on Thursday.

But didn't Rangers say that Thursdays offer was their last? I doubt that you lot can lie straight in bed!

£3.5m up front and scrub the debt please........ or are you all mutton?.

Edited by thenodrog

Oh Theno, I think you'll find the Scottish oil has been a rather important contribution to UK PLC's coffers over the last thirty years.

They haven't got any...... its British oil.

All them jocks dont earn a good living fighting in the Scottish army do they?

Not heard of the North Sea Oil rigs off the coast of Scotland which contributes the vast majority of "British oil" then?

Didn't think so. Drop the racial/stereotypical comments eh? They're so old it's pathetic. "Jock, tenement schemes, haggis, sectarianism" ... all things you read overhyped stories about which are nonsense.

When you finally grow up and leave that Goldfish bowl of an exhistance you might see that the people up here are decent.

Edited by Dado_Prso_9

Total value of the deal will be £4.5m guaranteed regardless, instead of the £4m "performance based" deal offered on Thursday.

just add another £1.5m to that and you've got a deal.

How many more times do Rovers have to tell Rangers, its £6m they want!!!

I think with them it would be an hourly one.

We could probably now include me as a topic haha.

6 million and he's your man, why don't you just stump up the cash and be off with him? We all know you have it after the boumsong deal.

And John Williams knows he cannot realistically expect £6m in a depressed marketplace!

If someone can get Fernando Morientes for £6.3m or Michael Owen for £8m, go figure. 18 months ago those players would have cost at least £2m or £3m more on top of those prices.

Plus, Ferguson sustained a bad knee injury while playing for you lot, so who's to say one bad smack in the knee and he's out again?

Hughes is also chasing Bellamy from what I've been told, and has publicly admitted the piggy bank is empty. It makes no sense to hold onto a player who despises playing for you and then pay MORE money to keep him, and STILL pay him £35k a week. What's the point in paying him all that money till the summer when he WILL walk back to Glasgow for £4m anyway?

I think with them it would be an hourly one.

We could probably now include me as a topic haha.

6 million and he's your man, why don't you just stump up the cash and be off with him? We all know you have it after the boumsong deal.

Again, you're making assumptions based on facts you don't have.

Boumsong was "sold" for £8m.

Boumsong got £1m of this, and his agent Willie McKay got £1m also.

Auxerre and Le Havre also got £750k each as part of Boumsongs "development", leaving us with a total of £4.5m.

Thomas Buffel was signed for £2.3m and Sotirios Kyrgiakos for £1.7m.

Doesn't it help when you actually know what you're taking about?

Well then, no Fergie for Rangers then.

Rovers are in a relegation scrap and keeping Ferguson would get us out of it.So Williams does not want to sell. And soft Barry is going to have to stay unless Rangers offer £6m.

I doubt the gubbing Chelsea will hand out, with or without Fergie, will help ease those relegation fears.

• Backroom
What's the point in paying him all that money till the summer when he WILL walk back to Glasgow for £4m anyway?

He can set off f**@^#& walking now then can't he, might have reached Carlisle by the summer (taking all the stops to moan about his poor tootsies into consideration) tongue.gif

Not heard of the North Sea Oil rigs off the coast of Scotland which contributes the vast majority of "British oil" then?

They are in the sea off the coast of Britain. I'm sure that after we found the oil for you you would have kept it for yourselves if you could have. Funny but for some reason I cannot rem any stirling efforts made by the Scottish navy to defend em.

Boumsong was "sold" for £8m.

Boumsong got £1m of this, and his agent Willie McKay got £1m also.

Auxerre and Le Havre also got £750k each as part of Boumsongs "development", leaving us with a total of £4.5m.

Thomas Buffel was signed for £2.3m and Sotirios Kyrgiakos for £1.7m.

Doesn't it help when you actually know what you're taking about?

So basically what you're saying is that you had the money to buy Barry Ferguson, but you decided that there were other players you wanted to buy instead? I'm sure Barry will be most impressed with his beloved Rangers snapping up players left, right and centre with the money which would have seen him getting the move he desires.

And John Williams knows he cannot realistically expect £6m in a depressed marketplace!

If someone can get Fernando Morientes for £6.3m or Michael Owen for £8m, go figure. 18 months ago those players would have cost at least £2m or £3m more on top of those prices.

Plus, Ferguson sustained a bad knee injury while playing for you lot, so who's to say one bad smack in the knee and he's out again?

Hughes is also chasing Bellamy from what I've been told, and has publicly admitted the piggy bank is empty. It makes no sense to hold onto a player who despises playing for you and then pay MORE money to keep him, and STILL pay him £35k a week. What's the point in paying him all that money till the summer when he WILL walk back to Glasgow for £4m anyway?

Dado, you were doing well, early on.

"And John Williams knows he cannot realistically expect £6m in a depressed marketplace!"

Says who? You got £8m for Boumsong didn't you?

"Plus, Ferguson sustained a bad knee injury while playing for you lot, so who's to say one bad smack in the knee and he's out again?"

He would have to take a medical, wouldn't he?

Listen - Ferguson has been a disgrace in all of this. You blame Viola for the problems but do you really think Ferguson is blameless.

I've no doubt that Ferguson will end up going back to Rangers, but it will be when ROVERS decide.

If your beloved club had acted with dignity and come in with an attractive offer, he would be back at Rangers now. there's one real reason why he's still at Ewood, the totally inept way all three parties [rangers, Viola and Ferguson] have behaved.

Amateurs!

If a deal does not happen, Hughes should first make a statement and publicly strip him of the captaincy. He should not be wearing the armband when whining to get out of here.

He should play him, as he probably is professional enough to still play his best. I don't see him as the Bellamy type who would dog it or feign injury to get out of playing if he isn't happy.

If a deal does not happen, Hughes should first make a statement and publicly strip him of the captaincy. He should not be wearing the armband when whining to get out of here.

Interesting you raise this point. In a recent programme, Flitty was asked his proudest moment as a footballer and his worst experience. The latter answer was "being stripped of the club captaincy for non-footballing reasons". Somehow I doubt if Bazza would be so upset if it happened to him.

I don't know if any of this stuff in the People should be believed.

I think Vyeo is correct on how Rovers would finance a striker purchase- there is no doubt that if we have offered £6m for Ballamy, cash from any sale of Ferguson is NOT part of the financing.

So Fergy would take a £500K a year pay cut to return to Rangers? I had wondered whether he was already on more with the Rovers than the £30K a week that Rangers said they were offering.

And Everton were willing to open the bidding for Ferguson at £5m?

That makes Rangers' arguments that Fergy's value is now only 30% of their own valuation of Boumsong finally disintegrate into a whiskey-hazed halucination. Any offer less than an unconditional £5m is below the current market value based this reported opening offer from Everton.

I see that Chelsea are signing a shirt sponsorship deal with Adidas which is worth twice the £52m that Murray injected into Rangers to delay the day the Gers go bust.

Rangers are wee willy wonkers these days.

Edited by philipl

I don't know if any of this stuff in the People should be believed.

I think Vyeo is correct on how Rovers would finance a striker purchase- there is no doubt that if we have offered £6m for Ballamy, cash from any sale of Ferguson is NOT part of the financing.

So Fergy would take a £500K a year pay cut to return to Rangers? I had wondered whether he was already on more with the Rovers than the £30K a week that Rangers said they were offering.

And Everton were willing to open the bidding for Ferguson at £5m?

That makes Rangers' arguments that Fergy's value is now only 30% of their own valuation of Boumsong finally disintegrate into a whiskey-hazed halucination. Any offer less than an unconditional £5m is below the current market value based this reported opening offer from Everton.

I see that Chelsea are signing a shirt sponsorship deal with Adidas which is worth twice the £52m that Murray injected into Rangers to delay the day the Gers go bust.

Rangers are wee willy wonkers these days.

That's it Phil, keep flapping those gums.

1) Rangers Football Club will never go bust. Since you know so much about us, you'll also know Murray personal fortune yes? I'm sick of explaining how the debt at Ibrox is only £22m and how it's been tied up in long term loans.

2) The reason Chelsea signed a deal worth so much with Adidas is because of the pull they now have thanks to recent success. Also, the Premiership is a big draw because of Sky Sports. Remove Sky's money from the Premiership and where would it be? If you honestly believe that players such as Zola, Bergkamp, Henry, Viera, C Ronaldo, etc would have been playing in England without Sky's backing of the Premiership then you are sorely mistaken. Sky could live without the Premiership. The Premiership could not live without Sky. Add to this that attendances in the bottom 10 clubs are in decline, and viewing figures for matches including those clubs are falling by the month, go figure. Chelsea are a massive club and a very big draw, it's obvious a company such as Adidas would pay such a sum of money to back them given English football's current climate.

3) Ferguson does not want to go to another English team. He only wants home. He's told Iain King this in person, he doesn't care what people think of his ambition, he only wants to come home. End of story.

You only read what you want to hear Phil.

Edited by Dado_Prso_9

That will roughly be what is in the papers tomorrow or Tuesday - an entirely predictable compromise .

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.