BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Bolton Game 0-1

Scotty

Blokes like that Senegalese moron do the game no favors.

Deserved to get egged for the celebration.

As much as it sucks, still not sure I agree with video replays for penalties and offsides.

But I would be in favour of a video review of the incident where blatant divers can be suspended for up to five games.

That might help stamp it out.

And as nearly everyone has said, boy, did we miss Dickov.

• Replies 541
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hey buddy, could you please take your illiterate txt spk back to the Birmingham boards. We are ###### off and not interested in the opinions of a 13 year old ######-stirrer

firstly i am not 13

secondly i am post graduate studing Meng in network engineering

Bloody hell. They're handing them out to anyone nowadays. I had to be literate for mine. Education! Education! Education!

'Furious' doesn't quite cover it. It's very hard to put across in words how seriously ####ed off I am by Diouf - the dive, the celebration instead of embarassed cringe when he realised the sham had worked and finally his goading of the Rovers fans after his ill-gotten goal. Completely shameless. There must be a way dish out fines and penalty points for this kind of behaviour. Rovers hardly deserved anyhting from this game, but that is beside the point - a point was stolen from us tonight. And how in the nine Hells did Nolan stay on the park after his assault on Savage? Gutted.

Could you go into more detail TCJ. The commentators were making it seem like Mokoena was the best player on the pitch.

I can.

After watching him out of his depth against Cardiff I thought he had a decent game tonight. He generally won all the headers he went up for and his distribution seemed reasonably good.

I'd just like to add that we need a striker. Cow's arse, banjo, barn door.

rover.gif

We were crap tonight

Todd and Moekena looked good.

Neill and Matteo looked totally crap.

Midfield Savage looked good and im sure he will go onto be a hero, the rest totally inept.

Up front we were a lost cause, didnt help that we kept playing the ball in the air when the Notlob defence won everything thrown at them, we didnt seem keen to keep the ball on the floor!!

El Hadj Gobber should be ashamed of himself, elbow on Todd then diving.

Im totally ###### off after getting home from the match, but things could be worse, I could support Notlob!!!!!!

Mokoena was improved from the Cardiff game but I'd rather have Nissa there; and there is always a chance Nissa will score from a corner. We are absolutely no threat from them at the moment.

Did anyone notice a Bolton player knee Todd during the preparations for one of the corners? Then complained to the Referee about something.

Well tonight I'm truly thankful. Truly thankful I'm not a Bolton supporter. They cheat, the way they play is boring, I don't like the look of them or their manager (probably not their supporters either although the one or two I know are not bad, if misguided), I couldn't care less if they win the league - no wonder attendances are falling with teams like that playing! At least with the likes of Arsenal and Chelsea you usually get some football that is good to watch!

What is is with these referees? They are totally incompetent. If most people did their job as badly the unemployment figures would rocket.

In all honesty, MGP was the only one who seemed up for it. although Lucas did better than of late.

Bothroyd - lazier than Yorke tonight but enjoys the view of the pretty yellow ball sailing past him.

Gallagher - love this lad but he still needs experience.

Matteo - oh dear. Please, someone, draw him a map. All that dithering when he takes a free kick or a throw.

It must have been bad. I almost wanted Flitcroft to come on. ph34r.gif

I'm going to bed. mad.gif Goodnight all.

Edited by roversmum

What you all gotta realise is

1. that Senegal was a French colony and Senegalese speak French. Nuff said.

2. Bennett is a complete nob and should suffer discipline.......... but we all knew that before tonights match didn't we?

3. Something that I've felt all season and was totally, completely and unequivocably proven tonight........... If Paul Dickov gets a long term injury we are relegated! Period. Bothroyd has bags of skill but hasn't got a ferkin clue how to use it other than emulating weebles wobbling, Jansen is history, and as for Gally and Stead..... forget it. They will never cut it in the Prem as loing as they have holes in their you know whats. The pair of em have no pace whatsoever, no trickery, no first touch, no physical presence, no control, no aereal threat, no great shot, no vision, no goals .................. in fact Nothing! Lower div players to be potted and replaced asap.

That "penalty" has changed my opinion about replays. Something has to be done to stop this happening. The referee was bad but I'm still not blaming him. There has to be a way in this day and age to avoid such a ridiculous decision without suspending play for very long.

Can he be suspended or booked retrospectively by TV replay for diving ? If you can be given a 3 match ban for a sending off offence that was missed by the ref why not for diving

Neill - Not really tested defensivly, but his attacking game and passing game was poor to say the least. The lad really cant pick out a pass.

Sure the defense wasn't tested tonight, that i agree with you.

But to say Lucas CAN'T pick out a pass, is rubbish. the guy was spot on with most of his passes, if not all

And did you forget he probably came the closest to scoring tonight for the rovers.

He continually ran up the flank, but didnt have many options. Emerton didnt make it easy for him either.

Emerton looked like his heart wasnt in it tonight.

Edited by Poita

Bloody hell...

1) Mokoena is an excellent signing, he's everything you could wish from a centre half. £300,000 is a bargain, we'll be talking about him as a Hughes bargain in a few years.

2) Bothroyd is crap. Admit it whilst it's early, just....let go.

3) Write Stead off? He was given a crap through ball but adjusted his balance to feed Johnson. The guy is class, just feed him properly and we've got a top striker on our hands.

Geez, you complete moron.

You didnt happen to study at the same university as that brum git did you?

2. Bennett is a complete nob and should suffer discipline.......... but we all knew that before tonights match didn't we?

3. Something that I've felt all season and was totally, completely and unequivocably proven tonight........... If Paul Dickov gets a long term injury we are relegated! Period. Bothroyd has bags of skill but hasn't got a ferkin clue how to use it other than emulating weebles wobbling, Jansen is history, and as for Gally and Stead..... forget it. They will never cut it in the Prem as loing as they have holes in their you know whats. The pair of em have no pace whatsoever, no trickery, no first touch, no physical presence, no control, no aereal threat, no great shot, no vision, no goals .................. in fact Nothing! Lower div players to be potted and replaced asap.

Hah....you prick.

It's one thing giving views to shock...it's another to talk crap unknowingly.

Please go away, racism nor teenage football talk is a topic of interest to people other than you. Cleverly, you combine the two, good luck with that.

Being a w***** isn't as easy to hide as pulling the covers over your head though. Shame.

3. Something that I've felt all season and was totally, completely and unequivocably proven tonight........... If Paul Dickov gets a long term injury we are relegated!  Period.  Bothroyd has bags of skill but hasn't got a ferkin clue how to use it other than emulating weebles wobbling, Jansen is history, and as for Gally and Stead..... forget it.  They will never cut it in the Prem as loing as they have holes in their you know whats.  The pair of em have no pace whatsoever, no trickery, no first touch, no physical presence, no control, no aereal threat, no great shot, no vision, no goals .................. in fact Nothing!  Lower div players to be potted and replaced asap.

Hah....you prick.

It's one thing giving views to shock...it's another to talk crap unknowingly.

Please go away, racism nor teenage football talk is a topic of interest to people other than you. Cleverly, you combine the two, good luck with that.

Being a w***** isn't as easy to hide as pulling the covers over your head though. Shame.

amen

thumbs-up.gif

gallagher n bothyrod were totally toothless. not a shot from them. rightly substituted.

defence did all that they could. i jus kept seeing mokoena winning headers after headers, more than todd. he's a bargain at 300k.

neil n matteo as usual, not impressive.

todd, did well to serve diouf his yellow very early on the game but didn't do quite enough to send him off.

MGP was good gettin into positions wher bothyrod, gallagher n stead should have gotten into. but is MGP is no winger, he hardly crosses n 'll never dribble like duff.

emerton tried hard but wasn't his best.

thompson n savage were average. savage got his yellow early on n has to keep quiet to prevent getting a red on his debut. thompson didn't get forward as much as i will like, making it looked more like fergurson is sorely missed.

stead, i think he's losing it.

jemal johnson, surely got pace if not anything else.

end of the day, we might have gotten just one point at most if bolton didn't get that penalty.

so a night to forget. sleep.gif

Diouf is a blatant cheating hack. I too would be ashamed to have him wearing my colours. Bring in the TV ref.

That said, we clearly missed Dickov tonight. As I've been claiming for awhile, Bothroyd is rubbish - worse than Ciccio Grabbi. His loan deal should be cancelled already and he can go flop in Serie A reserves all he likes. Lazy, loves himself, weak for his size and no pace. Go away.

Jemal Johnson looked like he had a feel of the game.

Whilst I'm on my high horse - Dom Matteo. What a dud. We have a plethora of guys that can play left back, and we play friggen Matteo. Shouldn't wear our strip again for awhile.

Todd and Mokoena looked good together. I think Ryan Nelsen should be given a shot soon too.

Bazza didn't make the bench tonight. Enjoy a lower league of play.

Today proved that we have very little consistency up front bar Dickov. I think Stead should start the next game in a desperate effort to find the man some confidence.

Oh, and I hope all the kids that wear Dioufs number on their back go on to play Chess.

Oh, and I hope all the kids that wear Dioufs number on their back go on to play Chess.

Really? I hope they all die in horrific car accidents, preferably painful. Balls if this offends anyone, if you have Diouf near your shirt you're supporting scum. See second sentence for punishement.

Actually...I would hurt Diouf if I knew where he lived...

Edit: No, sorry, I meant blood. I'd kill the pricks.

Edited by LeChuck

Damn the dirtiest player,and he had the nerve to gloat to the Blackburn fans after scoring!!! mad.gif

We didnt deserve to lose,1 point would have been fair.

Few points clear now ->

We need a quality striker ASAP,or we will be close to relegation for the rest of the reason.The fact that we score a maximum of 1 goal in the league is NOT morale-boosting.

Stead is OUT of any confidence.Loan him out I say,as long as we get someone in.Its for both our goods.

Bothroyd,Gallagher looked out of their depths.

Thommo wasnt even there alot of the time.

Matteo is a nerve-wracking player,doesnt add anything to offence,and can be a liability.

FERGUSON WAS MISSED in the middle.

Damn you for being spineless and selfish enough to bail on us now,after we stuck by you for 1 year of poor form and injuries. mad.gif

it was a poor game, didn't really enjoy watching it too much, we had the btter chances in the first half but bolton seemed to be a little on top.

id like to see us play the ball along the ground more though, seems like we are just lifting it over the top.

couple of points

after bothroyd came on against portsmouth in his first match is was full of praise for him, now he just looks out of his depth, hes not winning headers and seems to go down way to much and too easily.

kudos to savage though, i thought he did well, cant fault his endeavour and he made some good tackles and blocked shots which is what hes there to do.

mokoena doesn't look too comfortable on the ball

morten played ok, but i thought he was alot quicker than he is, he needs to work on dribbling the ball at a faster pace with close control.

i hate diouff

user posted image

The Sun - Hughes rage at diver Diouf

From the article -

Even Bolton boss Sam Allardyce admitted: “At the time I thought it was a penalty but I’ve now seen it from another angle and it obviously wasn’t.I don’t encourage any of my players to dive but if I have anything to say to Diouf about this, then it will be between him and me.

“I’ve heard what Mark Hughes has had to say on it but if he is so definite about it not being a penalty, then he must be Superman. He must have X-ray vision to see it was no penalty from where he was stood in the dugout.”

Sunday the cheat says in an article in the Observer that he wants to put his past behind him and get on with playing football. The day after he cheats his way back into controversy.

If he's going to carry on doing this he might as well just admit he's a con man, instead of trying to persuade everyone he's changed.

Absolute disgrace. Still fuming with rage about it this morning.

And can managers (I mean all of them) just admit that a player was wrong instead of turning it around to saying 'it's about time we had some luck'. It's a completely disgraceful thing to say in my book and sends out the wrong message to players etc

All that said, we were toothless in attack and I hope Hughes does something to sort it out after his red mist over Diouf settles.

I was disappointed with Rovers' reaction after Bolton scored last night.

The search for an equaliser seemed to consist of long high balls aimed at no one in particular with no attempt to spread the play wide and get in decent crosses.

Needless to say the Bolton defence lapped it up and their keeper was not troubled.

I am absolutely fuming. I wont defend Savage – absolutely stupid to go running into challenges like that, especially in a derby match. He should have been booked in the first minute. We might as well of subbed him as soon as he did eventually get booked… cos he was useless to us after that.

Draw was a fair result. Bolton had 1 shot on target and that was a follow up off a ‘’penalty’’.

But Diouf’s record speaks for itself – the cheating, spitting, elbowing, diving B**TARD.

That referee was an utter disrgrace – they are on about 60k a year and all he had to say at the end of the game to the paying fans was ‘’no comment’’ GRRRRR

mad.gifmad.gifmad.gif

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.