SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Bolton Game 0-1

Scotty

• Replies 541
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Awful game. Rovers were very poor missing both Ferguson and Dickov. Impressed by Mokoena.

Bolton are a rubbish team. I had a lot of respect for Allardyce before tonight, not any more - and that has nothing to do with the penalty.

Diouf is a cheat, I'd be ashamed to have him in my team.

0-0 would have been a fair result.

20,056 sad.gif

Looking forward to Saturday and then Chelsea. smile.gif

...did Lucas hand ball in the area late in the game?

From what I saw of the television replay, it was not a handball.

His "save" was worthy of a goalkeeper's, though! It hit him right in the chest, and his arms looked as though he was protecting the ball from the possibility of going past him!

You can blame who the hell you want but tonight we were absolutely terrible especially upfront.

Anyone who thinks bothroyd is a footballer should see the same shrink as me ph34r.gif

mad.gifmad.gif

should be called emma royd.

JUST SEEN IT ON TV CHRIST ALMIGHTY WHAT A DISGRASE THAT DECISION RANKS WITH SPURS "GOAL"

unlucky on 2nights result

me being a birmingham city fan this has made my night knowing savage looked ineffective and nearly got sent off

but diouf is a cheating git that spits at everyone, he dives everywhere and when we played bolton a few weeks ago he was a right handful

nevertheless it wasnt a penalty but one of your defenders did stop a goal bound shot with his arms so i reckon it evened it out a bit

i thought blackburn had no fluency or creativity and had no one in the team to put his foot on the ball and pass it about

you will have to get used to playing savage cos he is only effective when he runs after the ball and tackles people, you will need to base your team around him and do your attacking via the flanks or long ball cos savage's attacking pass completion is very very poor

you still are lacking anyone upfront who will score goals for you on a regular basis and your defence looks very shaky especially that south african and dominic matteo, leeds went down for a reason and that included matteo as captain in the centre of defence

also very suprised with the noise from blackburn fans, i thought they would of been louder considering it is a derby, whats the crack with half a stand empty also ?

this is what happened in the 76th minute concerning savage watch

76: Loses ball near halfway line and Diouf earns penalty from resulting move. The Senegal winger scores rebound after missing the spot-kick.

Edited by Izzitnot

Is it me but do rovers, since the win of the prem all them years back ever seem to get the rub of the green, in that game Bolton should of had at LEAST 2 players off for elbows and then the ref only gives nolan a yellow fora career ending challenge, then you've got that scumbag Diouf, he should be banned for his actions, why didn't the ref consult the linesman as he was miles away from play

P.s How the hell are rovers ahead of Bolton in the foul play league ( theirs a conspiracy aginst us i reckon

unlucky on 2nights result

me being a birmingham city fan this has made my night knowing savage looked ineffective and nearly got sent off

but diouf is a cheating git that spits at everyone, he dives everywhere and when we played bolton a few weeks ago he was a right handful

nevertheless it wasnt a penalty but one of your defenders did stop a goal bound shot with his arms so i reckon it evened it out a bit

i thought blackburn had no fluency or creativity and had no one in the team to put his foot on the ball and pass it about

you will have to get used to playing savage cos he is only effective when he runs after the ball and tackles people, you will need to base your team around him and do your attacking via the flanks or long ball cos savage's attacking pass completion is very very poor

you still are lacking anyone upfront who will score goals for you on a regular basis and your defence looks very shaky especially that south african and dominic matteo, leeds went down for a reason and that included matteo as captain in the centre of defence

also very suprised with the noise from blackburn fans, i thought they would of been louder considering it is a derby, whats the crack with half a stand empty also ?

how can you comment on Rovers lacking what u say when youre a whopping 1 point in front of us and have been doing as badly as you lot lately, havent Brum got there own boards or somethin

Lucas Neill didn't stop the ball with his arms. It hit him on the chest, so it does not even out.

Savage: Birmingham's best player on day, and then one-dimensional player the next day.

Go on, get out. Isn't that what you said you were going to do?

Have a look (January 14, 2005)...

just some friendly banter

the amount of crap i have had off you lot the past week or so what do u expect

i watched 2nights game and u looked pretty poor at home, anything that bypassed your midfield u seemed to struggle with and anything u pumped upfront was not capitalized on

I was going to go but one of your friendly members "abbey" persuaded me to hang around a bit longer

I came on your boards being nice and pleasant but instead got some stick so what do u expect

Edited by Izzitnot

Friedal - Unlucky not to save the penalty. Bolton had two shots all match. One was Dioufs first attempt at the penalty, the 2nd was the rebound shot. Says it all

Neill - Not really tested defensivly, but his attacking game and passing game was poor to say the least. The lad really cant pick out a pass.

Todd - Consistent as usual. Thought he handled Diouf brilliantly in the first half, with the elbow incident.

Mokoena - Looked like he had good awareness and positioning. However sometimes looked a little weak against the bigger bolton players, and he didnt deal with the long balls very well. Weak heading.

Matteo - Got caught out a few times again.

Emerton - Drifted in and out of the game.

Pederson - Dangerous set peices, but for the rest of the game see above.

Savage - Performed a good cleaning up job in midfield. Won a few tackles, but passing wasnt always brilliant. I guess we have to wait for his full fitness to be back till we see the real Robbie.

Thompson - Tried hard as usual, but just got crowded out in midfield. Tried to many fancy passes, which didnt pay off.

Bothroyd - Weak, couldnt hold the ball, wheres the pace? Need i say more.

Gally - A non entity. Didnt see him at all in the game.

Subs.

Stead - You can just tell the lad is severly lacking confidence. His first few touches and passes set a couple of bolton attacks, which didnt change much for the rest of the game.

Johnson - looked promising. Didnt get into the game at all but the chance where he blazed past the defender only to have the shot saved was a shame.

the ref was close for the pen, but he got it wrong

The ref was about 15-20 yrds back when Brad came out to close Diouf down and had 2/3 rovers players obstructing his view

from where i was sat it looked like he was in great position to me, but maybe youre right. i'll wait til i see the re-runs tomorrow

Why is it that football is the only sport in the world where it seems acceptable for managers and players to whine about what they "deserved"?

And why do people like Gary Speed and Big Sam immediately assert that they deserved an incorrect decision in their favor after not having gotten 50/50 decisions in the past?

No one "deserves" anything but the result they get. If a decision is incorrect, it's incorrect; just because the last incorrect decision went against you doesn't mean the next one should go in your favor. This goes for penalties as well: "we've only been given two or three penalties this season" is a meaningless fact that should have no impact on the way future penalties are given.

Diouf's dive disgusted me. FIFA and the FA consistently talked about eliminating simulation from the game, yet players and teams are consistently rewarded for engaging in (or sanctioning) such behavior. It's awful. Rovers were cheated out of a point, plain and simple.

Having said all that, Friedel was unbelievably slow to come off his line during the run-up to the decision. As the play developed, I thought Diouf would have no chance to beat the keeper to the ball. . . yet somehow Brad failed to appear on my screen until the last moment. Hard to rate Friedel's performance overall when there was so little work for him. His counterpart was excellent, though. Jussi made the one save he needed to (off Neill) and was very strong and confident in claiming crosses (particularly two free kicks from MGP and one from Sav).

The backline was solid, though Matteo is still bewildering on occasion.

As for the midfield, Savage was very much as expected. Thommo was invisible through the entire first half, but showed some skill in the buildup during the second half. MGP seemed the reverse: strong in the first half but fading late. Emerton is frustratingly inconsistent, showing great skill at one moment, then giving away possession, striking an awful cross, or making an aimless pass the next.

Up front Rovers were awful. Bothroyd looked lost and lazy, and Gallacher was invisible. Stead seems uncommitted and lacking in confidence, and seems more fit for the Second Division than ever. Johnson showed flashes of ability, but is TINY and easily disposessed (actually reminds me a bit of DaMarcus Beasley when he was younger -- good speed, good skill, but weak on the ball. DB grew out of it, and I'm sure JJ will as well).

As for the officiating overall: terrible. Sav probably could have gotten two yellows, but other than that, the decisions went well in favor of Bolton. How Nolan stayed on the pitch after the two-footer is an absolute mystery to me. Ben Haim is a disgrace as well; he dives like an attacking player!

That's it from me. Sorry for the length. Hope I'm entitled to opinions in my first post. wink.gif

i watched 2nights game and u looked pretty poor at home, anything that bypassed your midfield u seemed to struggle with and anything u pumped upfront was not capitalized on

listen mate the only rubbish been spouted this last week has been by Brady,Bruce , Gold and Sullivan, Youre he ones making the claims of how much youre a " bigger and better club " as fans who have watched rovers over the years we know we did not play well tonight but in saying that we were better than Bolton. But we do not need other fans commenting on our teams strenghts/ weaknesses . if you watched good technical football at St Andrews every week your point may be valid but as you dont watch good football then leave the comments to Rovers fans

Of course Allardyce said none of these things, refusing even to condemn his player for what was clearly a dive.

Football is a sick sport.

What has made it worse for me is seeing people come out and say well it goes on so you just have to accept it. No you don't have to accept it, ban him. The only good thing that may come from this is that filth will hopefully not get another free kick as long as he plays. As for his manager, sums up everything about him in that game, anyone that can ever defend that scumbag cannot like the game of football. Nolan is a coward, Diouf is filth and the manager is worse than any of them.

you think that is bad you should of seen boa morte against us on saturday

the git dived in the penalty area 2x, got booked for the 1st one then got awarded a penalty for the second

the second came from a challenge from behind on diao

so i know how it feels smile.gif

Of course Allardyce said none of these things, refusing even to condemn his player for what was clearly a dive. 

Football is a sick sport.

What has made it worse for me is seeing people come out and say well it goes on so you just have to accept it. No you don't have to accept it, ban him. The only good thing that may come from this is that filth will hopefully not get another free kick as long as he plays. As for his manager, sums up everything about him in that game, anyone that can ever defend that scumbag cannot like the game of football. Nolan is a coward, Diouf is filth and the manager is worse than any of them.

well said mate you summed up all the points there, ahhhhhhhh i'm angry with that Flemwad diouf

Well, like it or not, tonights performance has confirmed a couple of home truths to some people on this site. Firstly, that Thommo, good as he is, is not a central midfielder who can command a game and pull the strings in the way a younger Tugay and Barry Ferguson can. So, perhaps we should think twice before wanting to get rid of Barry. Secondly, out of a pretty poor bunch, Dickov provides the most bite and threat up front.

As for the rest - Mokoena (?) has potential but at the moment he seems incapable of directing his headers and tends to do a bit of an Amo - rush off out of position after the ball. (I dread to think what the pair of them would be like together). Confident that Mark & Mark will work that out of his game though. MGP seems okay but drifts out of the game too much - especially defensively. Savage did okay despite the t*t from Brum havinga dig.

Never thought I'd agree with Steve Curry (Daily Mail) but he's just torn into Diouf on Sky Sports.

Frankly, you'll only stop cheating like this by retrospectively fining the clubs or docking them points. Elbow, two-footed horror tackle, cheating dive - that will be the win removed and 1 point docked for each, or £100,000 for each. You'd quickly see managers making sure it is removed from the game.

the ref was close for the pen, but he got it wrong

The ref was about 15-20 yrds back when Brad came out to close Diouf down and had 2/3 rovers players obstructing his view

When the challange came in he was just outside the box and had a perfect view there were no rovers players in the way. He was as far back as lucas and lucas knew it was not a penalty!

izzetnot: He didn't dive for the second one but it was outside the box! and for the first i thought it was a pen as taylors legs meant he had a choice of treading on taylor or jumpin over him. If impeaded in his stride is that not a penalty.

I was going to go but one of your friendly members "abbey" persuaded me to hang around a bit longer

I came on your boards being nice and pleasant but instead got some stick so what do u expect

Hey buddy, could you please take your illiterate txt spk back to the Birmingham boards. We are ###### off and not interested in the opinions of a 13 year old ######-stirrer.

if you look where the ball is for the first penalty decision then how can u class it as a penalty

boa morte knew he had knocked the ball 2far so he went down instead

as for the 2nd one damien johnson was clumsy and if that wsant bad enough he is suspended for the chelsea game [as if it will make any difference]

Dj will struggle to get back into the team anyhow with the arrival of pennant, however the magistrates court might send him down so it could be a short loan spell smile.gif

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.