SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Bolton Game 0-1

Scotty

• Replies 541
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Excellent run by Thompson from Rovers third, great pass to Bothroyd , good cross, cleared (flukily) by defender.

Sav makes excellent tackle to stop Doiuff ( im going for as many spellings of Spit as possible)

Okacha turns Neill inside out gets to teh byline and

passes straight back to lucas - shocking - we should sign him

Just a brief half time update for those not at the match / without sky.

A pretty boring match. Pedersen had a very quiet opening as Bolton controlled the game but as we came back into it and moved to dominate play, Pedersen has been at the heart of anything creative with some very good corners and free kicks. Gallagher is playing well and holding the ball up when its actually played to FEET. Bothroyd has been pretty poor and isn't winning anything in the air, although he pulled off an excellent move to nearly work out a chance for himself. Neill has played well and Savage is certainly breaking up the midfield well, although I'm very worried he's going to be sent off. Mokoena has looked very edgy and hasn't dealt with a few balls. Todd, to the contrary, has been rock solid without making a single mistake. Cut out the long ball and play it to Thompson - he's made two great runs but has been a bystander for a lot of the half.

Edited by tcj_jones

HT - Rovers win on chances - no real saves to take note of other than Neills mid way through the half

Rovers edging it - I think Dickov would have got one by now

I'd agree with that.

Bolton haven't really looked dangerous, and after 20 minutes we really settled down and started to become the better team. Having said that we haven't created any clear cut chances. Knowing my luck this will mean Bolton come out and have a stormer, or we come out and have a shocker, have a bad feeling if it stays like this though we will be the team to concede, anyway, hopefully we can get a goal.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.