BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Rovers 0 Chelsea 1

Thought Nelson had a good first half, but we must have the two worst full backs in the League. Neil is hopeless and Matteo well what else can I say.

Just as well for Dickov the ref has been lenient.

But like the post before said you must score your penaltys especially against Chelsea, will make an interesting game if we can level it, but if it goes to two nil it could be a route.

• Replies 355
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Our passing is shocking. We can't string three balls together.
Are you being serious?

We've had far more possession than anyone could have expected, and chances haven't been completely lacking.

Whoever complained about Mokoena must be watching a different match. He's been solid, scooping up everything in front of the back four.

Thomspson has been bloody awful, losing possession every single time. He hasn't played one good pass, hasn't won the ball in midfield, and has tripped over the ball, poorly controlled, or simply given it away in literally EVERY SINGLE POSSESSION.

Dickov's penalty wasn't awful, but it wasn't good. It's really only going in if he sends the keeper the wrong way. And it was a clear penalty, despite what seemed like hesitance from Rennie and reservations from the commentator.

How Lampard escaped a booking for the tackle from behind on MGP is unfathomable. Having said that, Dickov's two challenges on Cech are probably deserving of a caution, as well.

For those who aren't watching, the formation.

Neill -- Todd © -- Nelsen -- Matteo across the back

Mokoena in front of the defense

Emo -- Savage -- Thommo -- MGP with Thommo playing somewhat deeper, it seems.

Dickov up front.

MGP's getting forward a little bit, as well.

9-2 in shots to Blackburn at the interval.

Our passing is shocking. We can't string three balls together.
Are you being serious?

We've had far more possession than anyone could have expected, and chances haven't been completely lacking.

No honestly, I'm quite serious. We haven't been able to build any passges of play becuse the ball is invariably lost by Dickov, Thompson, Neill, Matteo...

Rennie should have sent Makelele off but he didnt see it

full time - we played well from what i saw - no cutting edge though - Chelsea no they were pushed by the looks of how they are reacting

Ladies and Gentleman Chelsea are champions

The truly disturbing thing about this game is that in the end, down only 1-0 in a game where we've earned a point, we have NO options. No one to bring on, no one to even play a long ball to. Nothing. So it's the same buildup, the same frustrating dallying and switching feet by Emerton on the wing, the same hoofing it forward while Dickov cuts under Terry and gives away a free kick, the same frustrating ticking of the clock while Cech waits to take it, blah blah blah blah blah. And this for the rest of the season.

I'm not sure that Chelsea kept us from a goal today, I just don't know that we have one in us.

we have zero creativity. zero! impressed by the hustling, but the lack of real quality is telling, very telling and depressing. to play 451 effectively, the lone guy upfront has to win the headers, and dickov just can't! can someone please point this out to hughes?!

and to round off a bad night, duff, who had handled himself extremely well i thought all night, had to kiss the rouble badge before throwing his shirt into the chelsea crowd. sore. mad.gif

Not a classic game, but I though we played very well. Organised and solid, lacked that cutting edge but we already knew that.

Encourage all the same by the fight and performance of the players. We probably would have beaten anyone but Chelsea tonight. Shame about the penalty miss, but not the end of the world.

We really have got a real bargain in the form of Nelsen, that guy looks more than capable at the back.

Our lack of activity on Monday comes back to haunt us (already) as we produce a display of dull, predictable, one dimensional football. Another game without a goal.

Pants.

We have scored 5 goals in our last 10 games, and even worse 1 in our last 3!! Hughes is always talking about that "defensive base", its time to look at our attacking play as its RUBBISH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I'm not upset about a loss to Chelsea, don't get me wrong. I'm disappointed about the total lack of ambition in going forward. I'm all for a defensive base, but I think there should be some constructive buildup in attack, not the simple hope for a fluky goal, a dead-ball situation, or a break against the run of play.

Great game I thought. At least we tried and made it very difficult for Chelsea.

Wasn't too impressed by Chelsea's celebrations at the end. I hope the FA book each and every one of them for taking their shirts off!!

If only we had a striker (as well as Dickov)

Edited by Biddy

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.