BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Rovers 0 Chelsea 1

• Replies 355
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

What is that effing slow, poor Italian defender doing on the bench instead of Johansson? I hope it's an injury, no matter how weird that might sound..

Interesting team though, the game will be won/lost in midfield methinks! Put Mokoena on Lampard, and follow their attacking runs as closely as possible - and hope for a Dickov/Pedersen goal..

I like this rough em up attitude! Seems to be working, they are running aorund pushing and shoving!

Not a bad performance a dfew pathetic passes mainly by mokoena, causing more problems for ourselves which is not what we need.

In there for a goal or 2 and pick up some points

As the Sky Prem Plus anchor says, not a classic first 45minutes. But .. after that poor goal, we've more than held our own. Not totally convinced by this 4-5-1 but it seems to be working quite well. For reasons I dont understand, always more difficult to decide on MOM performances on TV .. but for me Savage doing well, MGP making lots of incisive passes. We can score tonight.

Dickov misses penalty.. unbelievable save by Cech!

Not unbelievable as it wasn't a great penalty kick. Not enough power and not far enough in the corner :-(

that's unfortunate. Even BBC claims that the penalty was "well-struck"

still plenty of time left...

We have infact played well in the first half, but when Freidel makes a howler and Dickov cant convert a penalty then we cant win against Chelsea...

Thompson and Emerton have been poor, along with Friedel and the general passing... EDIT: of course I forgot Matteo, why is he so slow, and why cant he pass the ball?

Edited by krislu

Half time.. 0-1. I think we've been very unlucky not to be in the lead or at least have a point so far. Apart from the goal, Chelsea hasn't really proven much... they certainly don't look like England's best team. We've shown some great play, unfortunately luck isn't on our side it seems. Great half by MGP , Savage has also been solid.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.