BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Savage

mark

i was in the chelsea end last nite (mate had free tickets) and the anti-savage sentiment was (of course) rife, and i must confess that for the most part i agreed with them. he should have been off. he did not play football, he bullied.

i know some posters admire this quality (and myself too, think keane, gerrard, viera, butt etc etc) but savage is a joker. i was dissapointed when we signed him, distraught at the price, and now ive seen him play in our shirt i have even less respect for him.

true he was a nuisance but im not sure he is good for our cause. his strike was terrific but aside from that his passing was sloppy and he argued with/b0ll0cked his own players (neill and nelson infront of the chelsea fans and more in midfield that escape me). IMO that does not encourage or inspire.

so what do we make of our new star man??

p.s. dickov's behavior towards the end was also a joke. he should have been off - hacked at terry whilst punching his ribs!! ph34r.gif

p.p.s. their chants are hilarious: celery CERLERY, if she dont come then tickle her bum with a lump of celery CELERY........ laugh.gif (sticks of celery being hurled around).

anyway, all told not a disgraceful result against 'the champions'; mokoena and MGP very promising, just wish we bought a stiker instead of "the blonde boy in the middle". laugh.gif

• Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

indeed a rovers fan! just with a dislike for the "blonde boy" and an ear for an amusing chant, doesnt make me a chelsea fan.

the thread questions whether savge is a footballer, discuss, dont diss the poster.

so would anyone care to argue against my point, that savage had a bad game and was NOT money well spent?

the MB is about airing thoughts, you dont have to agree with mine but i'd predfer you left your b1tch1ng to the 3am girls tinykit.gif

indeed a rovers fan! just with a dislike for the "blonde boy" and an ear for an amusing chant, doesnt make me a chelsea fan. 

the thread questions whether savge is a footballer, discuss, dont diss the poster.

so would anyone care to argue against my point, that savage had a bad game and was NOT money well spent?

the MB is about airing thoughts, you dont have to agree with mine but i'd predfer you left your b1tch1ng to the 3am girls  tinykit.gif

Well that touched a nerve. A true Rovers fan would have paid for a ticket and sat with his fellow fans (alhough it appears you still sat with your fellow fans).

You are not always supposed to like the players on th epitch but if they play for you you should biew them with slight blue (Rovers blue not Chelse Blue) tinted glasses.

Savage, like Pederson and Mokeoena in midfield, stuck to Hughes gamplan and made Chelseas life very hard. He got around the pitch, helping out defensively and attacking gaining us a penalty. He also had a couple of shots on goal, one which, as you said, was very close.

I am not a huge Savage fan and feel we paid the absolute upper limit for him but fell he did well last night and will prove his doubters wrong.

Finally, whilst he pulls on the blue and white halves he will have my full biased support.

----

Oh, and the bollocking i saw him dish out to Neil was fully deserved and Neil knew it. You fail to point out that Nelson also gave out some good tongue lashings to his fellow back four. Should we drop him as well? We need passion and desire from our players, something that we are now showing.

Savage = Footballer

Mark != Rovers fan

rover.gifrover.gif

Edited by streakyb

p.p.s. their chants are hilarious: celery CERLERY, if she dont come then tickle her bum with a lump of celery CELERY........ laugh.gif (sticks of celery being hurled around).

See

May not have been Colchester but I knew somebody had the Celery theme - must be coming back then biggrin.gif

Savage .... star man - wouldn't exactly call him that - not my favourite but contrary to your views I thought he had a good game last night and as for money well spent - lets wait and see

streakyb, how do your tinted glasses view his sloppy passing and arguments with his own team mates?

of course i have a pair too (even had a kevin davies fan club!), i just feel the "blonde boy" added little. as i ponted out before we signed him, both he and his team were in good form, so far he has failed to continue this in blue and white halves. if he continues there is the possibility of him upsetting the dressing room. he attempts to command too much control onthe pitch when IMO he is not capable, e.g. corners and freekicks - not convinced he's the best man for the job.

there is nothing wrong with putting yourself about on the pitch but it has to be more effective. it was difficult not to chuckle with the celery throwers when he ran around 'like a headless chicken' shoulder-barging players that were not even in possession.

When Mark next visits Ewood to support Chelsea next season (with free tickets), he will able to see a marked difference in Savage. The lads only played 3 competitive games since sitting out for a spell at Birmingham, plus Hughes had a game plan to break up Chelsea's free flowing football. It wasn't always pretty, but it was damn effective and who better equipped than Savage. Once Rovers are safe then there will be time for Savage to show there is more to his game.

I know where you're coming from Mark, but last night wasn't the best game to call him.

After all, the Chelsea midfield were nowhere to be seen. I saw very little of Duff, Lampard, Makelele [except when he pushed MGP -which you're complaining about Savage], or anyone else.

gbax, i have already politely asked we leave the b1tch1ng to the 3am girls. theres nothing wrong with free tickets when a student with crippling debts.

i hope your opinion is correct when i "next visit Ewood to support Chelsea".

tinykit.gif

Mark, as Den has asked I would also like to know why he should have been sent off? I was surprised to see Mourinho single him out as he did little wrong last night and certainly not compared to the Bolton match. One foul on Duff which was cynical rather than dirty but I didn't see him give away hardly any free kicks. Won a hell of a lot of tackles though which maybe upset Josie.

streakyb, how do your tinted glasses view his sloppy passing and arguments with his own team mates?

of course i have a pair too (even had a kevin davies fan club!), i just feel the "blonde boy" added little. as i ponted out before we signed him, both he and his team were in good form, so far he has failed to continue this in blue and white halves. if he continues there is the possibility of him upsetting the dressing room. he attempts to command too much control onthe pitch when IMO he is not capable, e.g. corners and freekicks - not convinced he's the best man for the job.

there is nothing wrong with putting yourself about on the pitch but it has to be more effective. it was difficult not to chuckle with the celery throwers when he ran around 'like a headless chicken' shoulder-barging players that were not even in possession.

As i said, the arguments I saw were justified. And they werent arguments, they were bol**kings for bad play, the sort that has repeatedly has cost us games.

Sloppy passing mmmmm. you mean like Thompson did (far worse than Savage), Tugay does, Emerton does.

Running around like a headless chicken, wee Thommo still wins that one hands down.

Corners/free kicks. Savage was no worse than anyone else who takes them for us, they are all poor and need improving

Before you criticise one player you obviously dislike, look at his teammates as well.

Savage got around the pitch, created our best oppurtunity for a goal, had a great shot just off target, hampered Chelsea and broke up play (including our own). He did the job as his manager wanted him to do it. That is what matters not what you or I think. As long as the manager is happy then he has done what he is paid for, whether we like it or not.

We also have to remember that he is probably noy fully natch fit.

Isn't part of being a footballer getting the physical and mental advantage. Savage may shout at players when they do something wrong, but don't you think thats fair enough, or would you prefer a team that said nothing and didn't care when it let in a goal because we don't want to upset anybody.

Savage put in a good fair few passes a couple missed there target, but i didn't see chelski's wonderboys doing much better if not worse. Savage should not have been sent off, maybe booked for 1 foul he did. To suggest dickov should have been off is also ridiculas, he went for 2 50/50's with the keeper and just missed out.

If anything makelelellelelel should have been sent off for pushing over MGP, gallas for grabbing dickov by the neck of his shirt and terry maybe a second yellow for his tackle on MGP after the whistle.

Is Savage a Footballer...yes

Is Mark a rover fan....not with words like that!

ps. Very good corners, a million times better than thommo, emmo, reid! Only MGP gets near to Sav on them. And Sav's shot was extremely good, unlucky with the rebound that he was offside from and made an amazing run for the pen.

Edited by modes98

thanks den, a good objective stance. its not the pushing that i'm criticising savage for, its the manor in which he does it.

and your spot on about duff and lampard - the chelsea fans were moaning about that.

Savage is a wind up merchant - always has been. He's always been first choice which ever club he's played at.

Agree, he goes out of his way to play in a style to annoy the opposing fans. As Mark said, he didnt like the style Savage used when getting around the pitch. That style is who he is and it is (whether deliberate or not) what makes him so disliked by the opposing fans and frequently loved/liked by his own fans.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.